E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Windscreen washer and headlight washer leak

10-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
theg00se
Private
England
Rep

Drives: BMW 335D

Windscreen washer and headlight washer leak

I have read a number of post regarding leaking water from windscreen washer system and ejecting headlight washer jets.
My car has developed a leak from the union where the pump joins the pipe and where the headlight washer joins the pipe further down the circuit. Both of these leaks are very slight (just drips) but they drain the reservoir in about 5 days so it's not cheep keeping the system full with windscreen wash so I'm just topping up with water. When the weather freezes the water this often leads to ejecting the headlight washer and cost mega bucks to replace.

Anyway cutting to the chase the problem is an easy fix if we could buy the "O Ring" which perish and cause the leaks. BMW only sell whole assemblies not just the o rings.
The o ring are not a standard size. Does anyone know what size they are and where to get replacements from?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: BMW 330d M Sport

Garage List
Don't know what the size is but I'm sure a plumb centre type outlet would sell that sort of thing.....

2014 BMW 330d M Sport : 2012 BMW 320d M Sport
Appreciate 0