E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > What to use on non leather seats

10-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Killerx
Blah

Drives: Awesomeness

What to use on non leather seats

I tried searching this but I don't know why I can't find anything.

Anyhoo I have the pleterette seats and my drivers seat has 2 small cracks in it already. I just want to know can I prevent it some how? Or what protectant should I be using?

Thanks guys
Killerx is offline   Canada
      10-16-2013, 04:44 AM   #2
TOGWT
Captain

Drives: 630i

a) Leather Master Car Interior Clean & Care Mousse - is formulated to deep clean vinyl, rubber, and plastics and restore the colour and like-new appearance. It works well on the dashboard, door panels, console, and interior trim. It leaves an anti-static, non-sticky surface that looks like new.
As it cleans, it also conditions synthetic materials to enhance the colour and restore a new, supple look. Convenient foam that drips less on vertical door panels and seat backs, use a microfiber applicator or towel to apply the mousse to your vehicle.

b) 1z Plastic Cleaner (Plastik-Reiniger) - an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner that removes grime build-up, scuff marks, bitumen (tar) and nicotine thoroughly and effortlessly with dust-resistant anti-static action. Safely cleans all clear and coloured automotive plastic interior fittings such as dash, trim, door panels, navigation/audio screens, steering wheel, and pedals. It leaves a long-lasting matt finish with fresh citrus scent. The perfect everyday cleaner for interior plastic surfaces, it’s a mild cleaner to prevent the drying of these porous surfaces, yet it is effective at removing body oils and grime on a regular basis.

Use to clean armrests, door handles, shift knobs, vinyl seats, pedals, dashboard, storage compartments, tires, rocker panels, wheel wells, and etc. Water-based formula is biodegradable, silicone and formalin-free as well as environmentally friendly.

c) Protection - even though this material is not real leather, it can definitely crack and distort, with Einszett 1z Cockpit Premium” for use on clean or pre-cleaned vinyl or synthetic leather, it provides a temperature-resistant seal and a low-shine matte finish Dust-resistant and retards the fading effects of UV rays to keep synthetic leather and vinyl looking like new.

An extract from a TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki Article - “Artificial leather (MB-Tex and interior Vinyl)” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...ior-vinyl.html

TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki Articles, these informational resources contain everything you’ll ever want to know about automotive detailing and are an invaluable addition to your detailing knowledge base -. http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...yperlinks.html

TOGWT is offline   United_States
      10-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Killerx
Blah

Drives: Awesomeness

TOGWT, excellent link and thank you so much for the info! I might have to replace the driver seat but will protect the rest with your advise.

Now I read in the article that the cracking was caused by UV rays? I would have thought it was caused by the stretching and no protection on the seat?

Brad
Killerx is offline   Canada