Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Running 10 inch wheels up front on e92 xi?



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
JaysBlueE92's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,042
Posts

 
Drives: Slow..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
Running 10 inch wheels up front on e92 xi?

So i have another wheel project in the works this winter. Has anyone here ran 10's up front on an e92 ? I've done 9.5 and hear that 10 inch is just too wide and the strut assembly will be in the way. I know I can squeeze 11s in the rear with some camber/fender/stretch, but the fronts are a bit of a concern.

I'll also need tire advice for rolling diameter/transfer case on such a setup - thanks
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
bmw325i
Brigadier General
59
Rep
4,502
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysBlueE92 View Post
So i have another wheel project in the works this winter. Has anyone here ran 10's up front on an e92 ? I've done 9.5 and hear that 10 inch is just too wide and the strut assembly will be in the way. I know I can squeeze 11s in the rear with some camber/fender/stretch, but the fronts are a bit of a concern.

I'll also need tire advice for rolling diameter/transfer case on such a setup - thanks
10 et30 is the highest offset you should use. That is the same as 9.5 et33 on the inside and the same as 9.5 et27 on the outside. 10 et25 is the same as 9.5 et28 on the inside and 9.5 et22 on the outside.

You could do et25 with a 235 and et30 with a 245.

Since you have an xi you should stick with the 235 in the front. You can use either a 265 or 275 in the rear.

Last edited by bmw325i; 10-15-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
JaysBlueE92's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,042
Posts

 
Drives: Slow..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
10 et30 is the highest offset you should use. That is the same as 9.5 et33 on the inside and the same as 9.5 et27 on the outside. 10 et25 is the same as 9.5 et28 on the inside and 9.5 et22 on the outside.

You could do et25 with a 235 and et30 with a 245.

Since you have an xi you should stick with the 235 in the front. You can use either a 265 or 275 in the rear.
Thanks..do you think 10 inch wide et 24 is doable? I would probly run 235/35 up front as you suggest, if possible. I just don't want to hit the strut or crack my fenders
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
VMRWheels's Avatar
268
Rep
16,178
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
10s up front is pushing it. If you're okay with running some tire stretch, it's plausible.

Most I've really seen up front is 19x9.5 ET33, rather than a 19x10.
__________________

VMR | Wheels - Mitch A. | p. 714-442-7916 extension 107 | e. Mitch@velocitymotoring.com | ** VMR Holiday Special! **
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
Finland
30
Rep
2,404
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
10 et30 is the highest offset you should use. That is the same as 9.5 et33 on the inside and the same as 9.5 et27 on the outside. 10 et25 is the same as 9.5 et28 on the inside and 9.5 et22 on the outside.
All of these are miscalculated by 3mm. 19x10 et30 wont fit to front, because it's about 1mm clearance to stock shocks and with coilovers wont fit without spacers.

19x10 et30 = 19x9.5 et36 has same inside clearance and 19x9.5 et24 will extend to same point.
19x10 et25 = 19x9.5 et31 has same inside clearance and 19x9.5 et19 will extend to same point.

With 19x10 et24 you have about 7-8mm clearance to stock shocks.
Few examples 19x10 et22 front.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537628
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6846027
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
bmw325i
Brigadier General
59
Rep
4,502
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlueE90 View Post
All of these are miscalculated by 3mm. 19x10 et30 wont fit to front, because it's about 1mm clearance to stock shocks and with coilovers wont fit without spacers.

19x10 et30 = 19x9.5 et36 has same inside clearance and 19x9.5 et24 will extend to same point.
19x10 et25 = 19x9.5 et31 has same inside clearance and 19x9.5 et19 will extend to same point.

With 19x10 et24 you have about 7-8mm clearance to stock shocks.
Few examples 19x10 et22 front.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537628
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6846027
Ahh yes my math was a bit off there. Too much I guess.

@ Op 19x10 et24 should work fine with a 235/35/19.

Last edited by bmw325i; 10-15-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
JaysBlueE92's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,042
Posts

 
Drives: Slow..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlueE90 View Post
All of these are miscalculated by 3mm. 19x10 et30 wont fit to front, because it's about 1mm clearance to stock shocks and with coilovers wont fit without spacers.

19x10 et30 = 19x9.5 et36 has same inside clearance and 19x9.5 et24 will extend to same point.
19x10 et25 = 19x9.5 et31 has same inside clearance and 19x9.5 et19 will extend to same point.

With 19x10 et24 you have about 7-8mm clearance to stock shocks.
Few examples 19x10 et22 front.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537628
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6846027
Thanks..exactly what i was looking for. Is the strut clearance (7-8mm) the same for xi? I thought I read somewhere else it is different. Either way, I'll be test fitting these 10s up front sometime soon
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
Finland
30
Rep
2,404
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysBlueE92 View Post
Thanks..exactly what i was looking for. Is the strut clearance (7-8mm) the same for xi? I thought I read somewhere else it is different. Either way, I'll be test fitting these 10s up front sometime soon
It should be the same. I sold my previous wheels to E91xi and the 18x9.5 et35 front had exactly the same amount of clearance (about 2mm) to stock shocks as it had on my E90. Good i'm looking forward to see the setup.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #9
bmw325i
Brigadier General
59
Rep
4,502
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States

iTrader: (6)

Definetly post pics if you do it.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST