E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > I-Drive (CCC) locking up with Voice Command

10-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
AGM5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: E39 M5

Garage List
I-Drive (CCC) locking up with Voice Command

The vehicle is a 2008 (10/07 build) e93 328

As the title suggests, each and every time the Voice Command (VC) is activated the entire CCC I-Drive locks up and eventually reboots. After rebooting the CCC will work normally with the exception of the VC. The Bluetooth works as intended from either the I-Drive controller of the steering wheel button.

The car has been to the dealer who has said that it needs a new CCC, or a TCU (after I suggested that the TCU may be a fault as that is where the VC resides). Has anyone here had a similar issue with their CCC or TCU?

Could the fault be in the clock spring or the steering wheel button? I just don't feel like throwing a new CCC ($1200) and not have it working then throwing a new TCU ($400) and find out that it is a cheap steering wheel button.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM5 View Post
The vehicle is a 2008 (10/07 build) e93 328

As the title suggests, each and every time the Voice Command (VC) is activated the entire CCC I-Drive locks up and eventually reboots. After rebooting the CCC will work normally with the exception of the VC. The Bluetooth works as intended from either the I-Drive controller of the steering wheel button.

The car has been to the dealer who has said that it needs a new CCC, or a TCU (after I suggested that the TCU may be a fault as that is where the VC resides). Has anyone here had a similar issue with their CCC or TCU?

Could the fault be in the clock spring or the steering wheel button? I just don't feel like throwing a new CCC ($1200) and not have it working then throwing a new TCU ($400) and find out that it is a cheap steering wheel button.

Thank you
If you car is equipped with navigation, voice control resides in the CCC and is disabled in the TCU.

It's only enabled in the TCU if you have a standard non-navigation radio because it's functionality is limited to primarily phone commands.

If you have to replace the CCC, consider retrofitting a CIC. You won't pay much more but you'll get 10x the functionality and speed.
Appreciate 0