E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Koni Yellows + Eibach Prokit



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-25-2013, 03:20 AM   #1
XxJeffxX
Private
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hayward, CA

Posts: 54
iTrader: (1)

Koni Yellows + Eibach Prokit

With this combination, how much stiffer is the ride compared to OE suspension? Is it unbearable or not too bad, this will be my daily driver so i would prefer a suspension that won't beat me up, but i do understand it will be a little stiffer than stock. Also if someone can post some pictures of their car with this setup i'd really appreciate it, i have seen some e90's with this setup but i would like to see different angles and hear some opinions on this combination. Please, any input will be greatly appreciated!
XxJeffxX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
Volasko
Major
 
Volasko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i BSM 6MT ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,081
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
If you give me a week I will have this setup installed. I just got a shipment from ECS with front M3 control arms, all new suspension bushings, koni yellows with Eibach sport springs. After a long time of review my options I went with this setup for my DD. So far everything I have read says this setup will be actually much more comfortable while being sportier than the stock sport setup.

If you want some pics of this setup check out http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869356
Volasko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
XxJeffxX
Private
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hayward, CA

Posts: 54
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
If you give me a week I will have this setup installed. I just got a shipment from ECS with front M3 control arms, all new suspension bushings, koni yellows with Eibach sport springs. After a long time of review my options I went with this setup for my DD. So far everything I have read says this setup will be actually much more comfortable while being sportier than the stock sport setup.

If you want some pics of this setup check out http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869356
Thank you so much for your response, please do get back on me with how this feels for you, i have been reading reviews for months and everyone seems to be split on how comfortable this set up is, some say if's perfect and others say it is way too harsh. When i am ready to buy these springs and struts though i am going to pair it with m3 control arms like you
XxJeffxX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: E82 1M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Posts: 10,897
iTrader: (29)

Nothing wrong with Eibachs as they are my second favorite spring for the e90 chassis. My favorite is the Swift Spec-R. I choose these over Eibach because Swift has a linear spring rate vs. Eibachs progressive rate, which could lead to sagging over time. Before you make your final decision please take a look at a couple of these reviews!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=884842

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873692

Either way, the konis/springs will dramatically change the handling of your car for the better!

-Mike
HP Autosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
ajsalida
Major
 
ajsalida's Avatar
 
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SW USA

Posts: 1,469
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Nothing wrong with Eibachs as they are my second favorite spring for the e90 chassis. My favorite is the Swift Spec-R. I choose these over Eibach because Swift has a linear spring rate vs. Eibachs progressive rate, which could lead to sagging over time.
-Mike
Curious what leads you to say this about linear springs sagging. Also aren't rear eibachs linear?
ajsalida is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
XxJeffxX
Private
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hayward, CA

Posts: 54
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Nothing wrong with Eibachs as they are my second favorite spring for the e90 chassis. My favorite is the Swift Spec-R. I choose these over Eibach because Swift has a linear spring rate vs. Eibachs progressive rate, which could lead to sagging over time. Before you make your final decision please take a look at a couple of these reviews!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=884842

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873692

Either way, the konis/springs will dramatically change the handling of your car for the better!

-Mike
Thanks for your response mike! i have never even looked at swift r springs before, can you enlighten me on why these are your first choice? how compliant are the ride on these springs?
XxJeffxX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: E82 1M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Posts: 10,897
iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
Curious what leads you to say this about linear springs sagging. Also aren't rear eibachs linear?
It has more to do with the quality of the material used than the progressive or linear nature of the spring.
HP Autosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #8
cdgatti
Major
 
cdgatti's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: KY

Posts: 1,231
iTrader: (4)

How does the quality of the material translate to product benefit on a car?
cdgatti is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
jaird23
Private First Class
 
jaird23's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

I hav a h&r sport and the ride is not bad at all....
jaird23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
jaird23
Private First Class
 
jaird23's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Heres mine
Attached Images
 
jaird23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #11
NocturnalEVO
Stock
 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 575
iTrader: (1)

i have this combo. the result is greater in every dimension vs stock. I find the ride to be just as comfortable as stock if not more comfortable (no passenger will ever beleive its an aftermarket suspension). The handling is much much better as well. Its a perfect combination.
__________________
Najeeb
'09 E92 335i
'06 R6 Anniversary Edition
'06 Evolution IX MR (sold)
NocturnalEVO is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #12
Volasko
Major
 
Volasko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i BSM 6MT ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,081
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalEVO View Post
i have this combo. the result is greater in every dimension vs stock. I find the ride to be just as comfortable as stock if not more comfortable (no passenger will ever beleive its an aftermarket suspension). The handling is much much better as well. Its a perfect combination.
This is promising!!
Volasko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #13
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: E82 1M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Posts: 10,897
iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgatti View Post
How does the quality of the material translate to product benefit on a car?
Less likely to sag over time and much more consistent spring rates just to name a couple.
HP Autosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #14
Volasko
Major
 
Volasko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i BSM 6MT ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,081
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJeffxX View Post
Thank you so much for your response, please do get back on me with how this feels for you, i have been reading reviews for months and everyone seems to be split on how comfortable this set up is, some say if's perfect and others say it is way too harsh. When i am ready to buy these springs and struts though i am going to pair it with m3 control arms like you
I just got my setup installed and my initial impressions are very favorable. The M3 control arm bushings do add a bit more harshness to this setup but so far it is more than comfortable enough to live with everyday. Though I am having a hard time noticing a drop vs my OEM sport springs. Hopefully they sag a bit more but in terms of ride comfort it is very good. I would say it is one step up in stiffness but it seems to handle the big pot holes better! If you have any concern with this being too stiff/or harsh I would stop worrying.
Volasko is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #15
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
 
Drives: 1.9L of fury
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 3,373
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
Curious what leads you to say this about linear springs sagging. Also aren't rear eibachs linear?
Actually, he said the progressive springs have more of a tendency to sag, not the linear ones.
mike-y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #16
ajsalida
Major
 
ajsalida's Avatar
 
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SW USA

Posts: 1,469
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
Actually, he said the progressive springs have more of a tendency to sag, not the linear ones.
Rear Eibachs are not progressive. No well made springs sag, ever, progressive or linear. It is a basic property of decent spring steel.
ajsalida is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #17
D's Bimmer
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 818
iTrader: (1)

I am almost at the point of making a purchase. Still torn between the following:

1). Koni Yellows and Swift Spec R's

2). BMW Performance Suspension Kit

3). TCKline Single Valve Coilovers

Basically all three options are similiar in price(within a couple of hundred dollars max).

I haven't considered Eihbach but their kit looks good.
D's Bimmer is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #18
cdgatti
Major
 
cdgatti's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: KY

Posts: 1,231
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
I am almost at the point of making a purchase. Still torn between the following:

1). Koni Yellows and Swift Spec R's

2). BMW Performance Suspension Kit

3). TCKline Single Valve Coilovers

Basically all three options are similiar in price(within a couple of hundred dollars max).

I haven't considered Eihbach but their kit looks good.
Have you also considered the Bilstein B12 kit?
cdgatti is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #19
CALWATERBOY
Captain
 
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E93 N54
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 812
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
I am almost at the point of making a purchase. Still torn between the following:

1). Koni Yellows and Swift Spec R's

2). BMW Performance Suspension Kit

3). TCKline Single Valve Coilovers

Basically all three options are similiar in price(within a couple of hundred dollars max).

I haven't considered Eihbach but their kit looks good.

Linears + matched Yellows pretty good. I use Eibach Sport - linear....pick your spring rate for ride quality / performance.
CALWATERBOY is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #20
XxJeffxX
Private
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hayward, CA

Posts: 54
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
I just got my setup installed and my initial impressions are very favorable. The M3 control arm bushings do add a bit more harshness to this setup but so far it is more than comfortable enough to live with everyday. Though I am having a hard time noticing a drop vs my OEM sport springs. Hopefully they sag a bit more but in terms of ride comfort it is very good. I would say it is one step up in stiffness but it seems to handle the big pot holes better! If you have any concern with this being too stiff/or harsh I would stop worrying.
Thank You! I'm definitely set with what I would want now, I'm going for the koni yellows with eibach prokits and 18 inch avant grade M359 rims
XxJeffxX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #21
XxJeffxX
Private
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hayward, CA

Posts: 54
iTrader: (1)

Thanks for keeping this thread going guys! All of your input is much appreciated from all of us reading.
XxJeffxX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #22
XxJeffxX
Private
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hayward, CA

Posts: 54
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaird23 View Post
Heres mine
Looks great! what is the size of your rims? i love the drop you get from H&R however I know the comfort isn't as great for a daily.
XxJeffxX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST