Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Wheel Offer...Good deal? Buy?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.

TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %

Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator

10-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
surf2727
Private

Drives: 335i

Wheel Offer...Good deal? Buy?

I've been looking at VMR 710/718s, AG M3310/359, and Alzors as wheel options for my '10 335i E90 LCI and just now came across this offer on **********s:

http://www.**********s.com/sale-spor...ken-fk-435.htm

What is everyone's thoughts on these wheels in comparison to the ones mentioned above? Weight comparison? The tires offered aren't bad either so I'm fine with those..I just didnt have much knowledge on this wheel brand and I'm not sure yet when the offer expires.

Thanks for the feedback!

Update: The link wasn't working so go to the Mod Bargains homepage and select "Bargain of the Week" at the top. The referred wheels are tires are "Sportline CS.16 CSL Style Wheels 19x8.5, 19x9.5+ Falken FK-453 Tires- for BMW E36/E46/E9X/Z3/Z4"

Last edited by surf2727; 10-25-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Link not working
surf2727 is offline   United_States
      10-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
Nitrous Garage
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: E82 135i / E92 328i / E60 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf2727 View Post
I've been looking at VMR 710/718s, AG M3310/359, and Alzors as wheel options for my '10 335i E90 LCI and just now came across this offer on **********s:

http://www.**********s.com/sale-spor...ken-fk-435.htm

What is everyone's thoughts on these wheels in comparison to the ones mentioned above? Weight comparison? The tires offered aren't bad either so I'm fine with those..I just didnt have much knowledge on this wheel brand and I'm not sure yet when the offer expires.

Thanks for the feedback!

Update: The link wasn't working so go to the Mod Bargains homepage and select "Bargain of the Week" at the top. The referred wheels are tires are "Sportline CS.16 CSL Style Wheels 19x8.5, 19x9.5+ Falken FK-453 Tires- for BMW E36/E46/E9X/Z3/Z4"
The link is not working because mod bargains was banned from bimmerpost.

But to answer your question sportlines are great wheels. Flow formed, lightweight and strong. Only real downfalls to these wheels are they only come in Silver and their CSL design is not quiet as sharp looking as other CSL reps out there.

If you have any more question about some wheels and tires for your car don't hesitate to ask

email: calvin@nitrousgarage.com | phone: (909) 784-1899 | web: www.nitrousgarage.com
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Nitrous Garage is offline   United_States
      10-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
surf2727
Private

Drives: 335i

Thanks for the feedback and strange about **********s! What's different about these CSL reps to other brands?

The only other concern I have on this deal is the offsets (mainly rear) and how this will look. The dimensions of the available wheels are below and I know the rears should be closer to a 35 offset...I don't really want to have to go and buy spacers either. Thanks again!

Front:
Diameter: 19"
Width: 8.5"
Offset: et35

Rear:
Width: 9.5"
Offset: et45
surf2727 is offline   United_States
      10-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #4
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel

Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Garage View Post
The link is not working because mod bargains was banned from bimmerpost.
The link will work if you replace the stars with mod bargain after you open the link. Without the space.
      10-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
JustinGTP
Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 335i Sedan

lots of bad reviews about mod bargains. would not go through them.
      10-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
Nitrous Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf2727 View Post
Thanks for the feedback and strange about **********s! What's different about these CSL reps to other brands?

The only other concern I have on this deal is the offsets (mainly rear) and how this will look. The dimensions of the available wheels are below and I know the rears should be closer to a 35 offset...I don't really want to have to go and buy spacers either. Thanks again!

Front:
Width: 8.5"
Offset: et35

Rear:
Width: 9.5"
Offset: et45
I have seen just about every CSL rep in person and it's hard to describe. The sportlines are powdercoated instead of painted which is a plus however, their silver isn't as vibrant as others and the spokes are not as clean cut. If that makes any sense If you are buying wheels for performance I say go for the sportlines but if you are going for looks then I would go another route.

I see you have an E90 LCI. A 45 offset rear would work. The LCIs run less aggressive offsets in the rear. If you decide to go another route I would be happy to work out a great price for you on some AGs

email: calvin@nitrousgarage.com | phone: (909) 784-1899 | web: www.nitrousgarage.com
      11-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
NorthernCAE90
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

hmm im interested in these Sportlines as well, are there any other vendor's beside **********s that sells them?
      11-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #8
bmw325i
Brigadier General

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernCAE90 View Post
hmm im interested in these Sportlines as well, are there any other vendor's beside **********s that sells them?
They were actually one of the better vendors here not sure why they got banned.
      11-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
NorthernCAE90
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
They were actually one of the better vendors here not sure why they got banned.
see information like this needs to be known. I see that a Vendor is banned from a website and that looks like really really bad business, But maybes theres more behind it? Cant judge a book by its cover?

any who ive been doing research and just read over in the Z4 forum that **********s is sold out of the Sportline CS.16 and they dont expect another shipment discontinued? I really wanted the looks of the CSL with the weight reduction of flow formed wheels.

Not a big fan of that circle near the hub in the apexx arc-8
      11-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #10
bmw325i
Brigadier General

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernCAE90 View Post
see information like this needs to be known. I see that a Vendor is banned from a website and that looks like really really bad business, But maybes theres more behind it? Cant judge a book by its cover?

any who ive been doing research and just read over in the Z4 forum that **********s is sold out of the Sportline CS.16 and they dont expect another shipment discontinued? I really wanted the looks of the CSL with the weight reduction of flow formed wheels.

Not a big fan of that circle near the hub in the apexx arc-8
Have you looked at Forgestar F14's or Alufelgen SF-71's? The Forgestars are priceier and the Alufelgen's are low pressure cast but they are similar styles.
      11-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #11
Nitrous Garage

Or even the TSW Nurburgrings. I have run them in the past and are a great wheel similar to that style. They are light weight, strong, affordable and flow formed

11-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
Kroon78

Drives: 2007 335i

I too am a fan of the TSW Nurburgrings. A buddy of mine swears by his.
Kroon78 is offline   United_States