E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Tracking and camber problems? Help!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-26-2013, 05:12 AM   #1
Ibz82
Second Lieutenant
 
Ibz82's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i N54 jb4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Epsom UK

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

Tracking and camber problems? Help!!!

Hi Everyone,

I recently done my tracking on my 335 using the hunter wheel alignment.
Everything was able to be adjusted apart from the front nearside/passanger side.
The camber is out by -1.21'

Does anyone know what arm i would need to change to get this adjustment???

The car is lowered so i have read that i may need an extended aftermarket arm?
which one?

Many thanks in advance guys
Ibz82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
idnan
Major
 
idnan's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Birmingham

Posts: 1,398
iTrader: (9)

Adjustable arms are just for the rear.

Front camber is not normally adjustable on our cars but you can remove the camber alignment pins and adjust the camber by sliding the strut tops. There's a good DIY on this forum:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521177

However, that method is normally used to increase camber rather than reduce it. If you can remove your strut brace from the strut top, I can tell you if you can adjust this out or not. I'm guessing you have too much negative camber and that's the problem.

Otherwise the only other option is adjustable top mounts but I think that would be too much work and cost. I have them on mine but I'm on coilovers.

Maybe it is worth going for m3 alignment, I think they run a little more negative camber then our non-m's.

Edit: Maybe you have m3 toe arms already on your car with that much camber?
idnan is online now   England
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
Ibz82
Second Lieutenant
 
Ibz82's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i N54 jb4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Epsom UK

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan
Adjustable arms are just for the rear.

Front camber is not normally adjustable on our cars but you can remove the camber alignment pins and adjust the camber by sliding the strut tops. There's a good DIY on this forum:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521177

However, that method is normally used to increase camber rather than reduce it. If you can remove your strut brace from the strut top, I can tell you if you can adjust this out or not. I'm guessing you have too much negative camber and that's the problem.

Otherwise the only other option is adjustable top mounts but I think that would be too much work and cost. I have them on mine but I'm on coilovers.

Maybe it is worth going for m3 alignment, I think they run a little more negative camber then our non-m's.

Edit: Maybe you have m3 toe arms already on your car with that much camber?
Hi, thanks for advice. I'm not to sure but I think it still has the stock toe arms. Unless the previous owner changed them. I am just wondering do you think the toe arm on passenger side is faulty? Because the drivers side is spot on!
Ibz82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
idnan
Major
 
idnan's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Birmingham

Posts: 1,398
iTrader: (9)

I thought I mentioned that but I must've forgot!

As you say, could be a bent arm or maybe even a really bad bush causing the issue.
idnan is online now   England
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
blues n twos
Lieutenant
 
blues n twos's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E93 330i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Beaconsfield, Bucks

Posts: 473
iTrader: (1)

When I had mine done by Atomic wheels in milton keynes they used the hunter machine and had to drill out the pin on the front nearside to get the adjustment right.

It was a fiddly job and they spent an hour before they got it all spot on.

Jon
__________________
E93 330i M-Sport Auto. Led angle eyes, performance rear diffuser, Alpine Audio upgrade, Full CiC install, Matt carbon interior trim wrap, new 313's
blues n twos is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #6
Ibz82
Second Lieutenant
 
Ibz82's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i N54 jb4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Epsom UK

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan
I thought I mentioned that but I must've forgot!

As you say, could be a bent arm or maybe even a really bad bush causing the issue.
Nice one, gonna. Have a look at the arm and bush to see what's going on. Thanks again
Ibz82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #7
Ibz82
Second Lieutenant
 
Ibz82's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i N54 jb4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Epsom UK

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues n twos
When I had mine done by Atomic wheels in milton keynes they used the hunter machine and had to drill out the pin on the front nearside to get the adjustment right.

It was a fiddly job and they spent an hour before they got it all spot on.

Jon
I will go back to the garage and ask them the questions of weather they tried a drill out an see what they say, cheers for that. Now ill sound like I know what I'm talking about lol
Ibz82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
Ibz82
Second Lieutenant
 
Ibz82's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i N54 jb4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Epsom UK

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

Camber problems...cont...

Had the car in the garage today to check the arms on the wheel which is out of alignment and they have said the arms are pretty lose, cause the ball joint to be a bit lose also.
They have said two new arms on that side should sort it. They have said they can't guarantee that it will cure it the camber problem! Hoping this should do it, any views on this anyone? And how much this usually costs? Thanks in advance
Ibz82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST