E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > 1ner gone what next? Aston, Bentley, Ferrari?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #45
F32
Banned
8
Rep
688
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SF

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Stunning. Best color (or lack of exterior color?) combo possible.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #46
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
113
Rep
5,300
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 View Post
Stunning. Best color (or lack of exterior color?) combo possible.
Agreed.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2014 CC R-Line DSG | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #47
ddk632
Professional Orangeer
United_States
45
Rep
1,954
Posts

Drives: Bacon
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
My dream car is a Pagani Huayra
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I saw that thread -- can't believe I didn't reply to it, must have got busy and forgot. Man, you are one lucky SOB dude, up close and personal like that.

Such a work of art.

The perfectly hand-matched carbon fiber from panel to panel is on a whole 'nother level...
__________________
ddk632 | David Khaykin | (The K* is Silent!)
flickr photos [ Best Of | BMW | Motorcycles & DSLR's ]
* First K only, credit to Billup
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #48
amanda hor$t
Banned
29
Rep
208
Posts

Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

too ambitious itt, i just want my used ferrari while i save up for the space shuttle
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #49
kits135i
Private First Class
4
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: Coming Soon
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
IIT: OP gets butt hurt because strangers don't take his hypothetical question in OT seriously.
Not hypothetical. Real. Anyway, while you guys keep making jokes I will buy my car and will even post proof. Then you all can start to bitch that I did it for attention and everything else that jealous people do.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #50
dreamingat30fps
Captain
United_States
21
Rep
917
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i (RIP) - 2006 Z4MR
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (1)

Yachts are so 2012

This is what I'm rolling in now days.



This is where I keep the bitches



This is where I keep the accountants to count all my dolla dolla bills.



And yes before you mention it I am aware one of the bitches escaped, she has been dealt with accordingly.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #51
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
319
Rep
3,726
Posts

Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

Why buy one AM Vantage when you can buy 120 '95 Civics? Come on people...quantity!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #52
NemesisX
Captain
21
Rep
875
Posts

Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Yachts are so 2012

This is what I'm rolling in now days.



This is where I keep the bitches



This is where I keep the accountants to count all my dolla dolla bills.



And yes before you mention it I am aware one of the bitches escaped, she has been dealt with accordingly.
I've been to that underwater restaurant (ithaa) before. It's awesome! I went with family but I can see how it would be an incredibly romantic place to take a significant other.

Those 6 tables you see in the picture are seriously like 80% of the dining room
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #53
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
319
Rep
3,726
Posts

Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

her ass in that dress is stacked like pancakes
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #54
dtwyim
Captain
dtwyim's Avatar
Canada
13
Rep
805
Posts

Drives: 2008 135 6-MT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kits135i View Post
Not hypothetical. Real. Anyway, while you guys keep making jokes I will buy my car and will even post proof. Then you all can start to bitch that I did it for attention and everything else that jealous people do.
Please do.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #55
amanda hor$t
Banned
29
Rep
208
Posts

Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

if you aim to only please, you will be a slave forever --lao tzu
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #56
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
319
Rep
3,726
Posts

Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

So citrix-certified IT guy who owned a 1'er, test drove a Subaru and a Scion is considering
an Aston Martin DB9, Bentley Continental GT and Ferrari 360 or 430? Based upon current average salaries in your field, my guess is that you make between $50-80K/year. You would have to add about $200K to that for this lineup to make sense.
Hmmm...something is not adding up here. I will not go so far as to say you are lying but I will say that the numbers are not adding up for me. Not to mention someone at this economic tier does not seek investment advice from an internet forum O/T section (not that a car should be considered an investment, but you know what I mean)
Sorry, had to say this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #57
NemesisX
Captain
21
Rep
875
Posts

Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
So citrix-certified IT guy who owned a 1'er, test drove a Subaru and a Scion is considering
an Aston Martin DB9, Bentley Continental GT and Ferrari 360 or 430? Based upon current average salaries in your field, my guess is that you make between $50-80K/year. You would have to add about $200K to that for this lineup to make sense.
Hmmm...something is not adding up here. I will not go so far as to say you are lying but I will say that the numbers are not adding up for me. Not to mention someone at this economic tier does not seek investment advice from an internet forum O/T section (not that a car should be considered an investment, but you know what I mean)
Sorry, had to say this.
All of the used F430s I'm seeing are like $200k -

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...kename=ferrari

You'd need to make more like $1M/year minimum to comfortably afford dropping $200k on an impractical, high maintenance, low reliability supercar like an F430.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #58
Nate4641
Captain
Nate4641's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
881
Posts

Drives: '07 M Roadster
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Greece

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Why not just get a Z8? Less expensive, probably more reliable. Not quite as flashy as an Aston or Ferrari, unless you want flashy...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #59
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
56
Rep
1,841
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kits135i View Post
Not hypothetical. Real. Anyway, while you guys keep making jokes I will buy my car and will even post proof. Then you all can start to bitch that I did it for attention and everything else that jealous people do.
No one gives a shit. Do what you want.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'15 Ford F-250 - Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke Turbo-diesel
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #60
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
turbolag's Avatar
12
Rep
1,124
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Why buy one AM Vantage when you can buy 120 '95 Civics? Come on people...quantity!
Why buy an M3 when you can get a few body panels of the Huayra?

Come on people...quality!

Also, love that Pagani's exterior. Not digging the shiny interior. May just be the red leather...not a fan.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #61
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
319
Rep
3,726
Posts

Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
Why buy an M3 when you can get a few body panels of the Huayra?

Come on people...quality!

Also, love that Pagani's exterior. Not digging the shiny interior. May just be the red leather...not a fan.
haha those body panels would make nice wall art
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #62
kits135i
Private First Class
4
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: Coming Soon
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

I first wanted to point out I never said new... and if you know anything about Ferrari you would know that a 360 and 430 are older models. This kind of (at least to me) meant I was buying used. I also hate to break it to you all, but you can get a used 360 for 60k, a 430 for 100k, Bentley's are 60k-70k and Aston DB9's can be had for 60k-70k all day long if you want to spend forever trying to find the right one that has not been molested. Of course all these cars can be close to 200k as well. But all those cars for around 80k will get you a nice one except for the 430.

Second. I love cars. Period. I am a HUGE gear head. I have owned over 100 cars and I am only in my 30'd. I buy cars that are 5k and I buy cars that over 100k. I test drive damn near anything just to see what all the hype is about good or bad and come up with my own opinions. I will buy anything that I like from my test drives no matter the cost. One day I will drive an exotic and another day I could have some run down clunker. People at my work always looking what I might drive next.

Third. To the person who is trying to guess my salary not sure where you live, but in SoCal those types of pay are more entry to mid level. I have been in the industry for over 20 years. That's all I have to say about that!

For those who care... After driving many, many cars in the last two weeks, I decided on the new F-Type and took delivery tonight! Amazing fun car with amazing looks.

Still wants to bitch moan whatever I can care less.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #63
ddk632
Professional Orangeer
United_States
45
Rep
1,954
Posts

Drives: Bacon
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Pics?
__________________
ddk632 | David Khaykin | (The K* is Silent!)
flickr photos [ Best Of | BMW | Motorcycles & DSLR's ]
* First K only, credit to Billup
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #64
Nkc
NOOB
Nkc's Avatar
42
Rep
751
Posts

Drives: Cars
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver/Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

I would like to see at least 50 pics of the 100 cars you've owned. Seeing you're in your 30's with OVER 20 years in your industry, I'm gonna say that you are a person that exaggerates a bit.
__________________
E89 Z4-35i DCT --- E36-Z3 M-Roadster --- E82-1M
Current BMW's
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #65
amanda hor$t
Banned
29
Rep
208
Posts

Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
I would like to see at least 50 pics of the 100 cars you've owned. Seeing you're in your 30's with OVER 20 years in your industry, I'm gonna say that you are a person that exaggerates a bit.
perhaps he owns a used car lot
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #66
Nate4641
Captain
Nate4641's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
881
Posts

Drives: '07 M Roadster
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Greece

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kits135i View Post
Still wants to bitch moan whatever I can care less.
By saying you can (or often "could" is used) care less you are saying that you do care and have the ability to not care as much. I think you meant to say you cannot (or could not) care less, which would mean the level at which you care is not possible of getting lesser than its current state.

Also you're throwing gas on the fire here bro, don't feed the trolls.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST