E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Border Patrol Checkpoint Videos



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #23
Litos
Banned
United_States
58
Rep
2,900
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

iTrader: (1)

as a first generation Texan in my family, i am VERY familiar with the Border Patrol and subsequent checkpoints.

all my family lives in Monterrey Mexico and i have been visiting Mexico since i was 2 weeks old - hell, i lived there for about 6 months after i was born in Texas.

my grandpa worked for the Border Patrol (Mexico side) back in the 50's, 60's and 70's...

my dad told me a stopry one time where some Border Patrol agents (Texas side) "randomly" chose to search his vehicle, a 1977 Bandit Trans Am.

i had left some plastic handcuffs in the backseat, so these jerks took those plastic handcuffs and cuffed him to a metal rack as they were searching his car.

as my dad was telling me this story (only about 3 or 4 years ago), i almost died laughing....

my dad didn't really care - he just sat there shaking his head, apparently understanding that he was being trolled by some guys that had nothing better to do....

my dad was the mexican Burt Reynolds back in 1984 HAHAHA !!!!

edit: i HAVE to post a pic - standby please
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #24
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
42
Rep
1,202
Posts

 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Bandito!

We have a couple of Mexican crews that we subcontract to. Their nick names are the Banditos.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #25
Litos
Banned
United_States
58
Rep
2,900
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

iTrader: (1)



dat messkin Burt Reynolds, ya'll......

this picture also correlates with the fact that i was raised in a trailer park




Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #26
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
125
Rep
5,069
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
So, went to Canada for some surgical procedures did ya?
Nah, wedding. So I guess the whole trip had sort of a handcuff theme.
__________________
Mark
Flickr

"I know rocks. Rocks are hard."
-T. Walter
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #27
Litos
Banned
United_States
58
Rep
2,900
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

iTrader: (1)

dad was the quintessential urban cowboy.

he even used to take my mom to Gilly's (the dance bar from the movie Urban Cowboy) HAHAHA !!!!



Quote:
In the early 80's, the movie Urban Cowboy made a honky tonk in Texas world famous. Gilley's was first opened in 1971 in Pasadena, TX by country star, Mickey Gilley and his co-owner, Sherwood Cryer. Gilley's was a tin building with multiple bars, a recording studio, a mechanical bull, and a small rodeo arena. Gilley's was already the place to go in Pasadena, but after Urban Cowboy, starring John Travolta and Debra Winger; Gilley's was a household name.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #28
kscarrol
Colonel
United_States
35
Rep
2,291
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Great pic Litos! But where is his Pabst? Or was it Schlitz?
__________________
Current: 2011 Space Grey E90 M3, DCT, Comp. Pkg., Conv. Pkg., everything but Cold Weather Pkg!
Gone: 2008 550, Space Grey, Sports Package, Sport Auto Transmission.
Sold: 2004 545i (U.S.), Steptronic, Silver Gray.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #29
Litos
Banned
United_States
58
Rep
2,900
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Great pic Litos! But where is his Pabst? Or was it Schlitz?
Busch Light

not sure what he was drinking back then. i was only like 4 or 5 years old HAHA !!!






Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #30
kscarrol
Colonel
United_States
35
Rep
2,291
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Wow, my memory is bad! Must be all the Schlitz I drink...

Haven't made beer can chicken in a long time, need to fire up the grill again!
__________________
Current: 2011 Space Grey E90 M3, DCT, Comp. Pkg., Conv. Pkg., everything but Cold Weather Pkg!
Gone: 2008 550, Space Grey, Sports Package, Sport Auto Transmission.
Sold: 2004 545i (U.S.), Steptronic, Silver Gray.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #31
Dine
Private
Dine's Avatar
0
Rep
84
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 silver Grey Z4mc
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: atlanta

iTrader: (0)

These cops only have a right to stop you when we as a people allow them that right. This isnt wwII germany and we are not required to present our "papers" to the government whenever they ask. For any American that has no problem with this I don't want to hear any complaining when the power trips grow even bigger (not that they arnt way to big now..)
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #32
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
42
Rep
1,202
Posts

 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Nah, wedding. So I guess the whole trip had sort of a handcuff theme.
I mean to alter you looks from the description of the wanted man.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #33
kingofthedemo
Major
kingofthedemo's Avatar
45
Rep
1,035
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I meant during a stop, when approached by an officer, it's required in my state. If you see an officer while walking and you're carrying or if you're next to one driving with the windows down, you're under no obligation to disclose it at all.
I agree with you that it's good to always notify when pulled over .and I always do as a courtesy even though I'm not required to in TN; however,
this reminds me of something I saw posted on USAcarry, some idiot over there made a post explaining how he thinks you should go out of your way to notify a cop that you are carrying, anytime that you see one in public even while walking, eating in a restaurant etc. He told a story that he approached three cops who were eating at a restaurant and told them: ''Officer's I just wanted to inform you that I am legally carrying a concealed weapon right now'' Lol what a toolbag.
__________________
MY PROGRESS LINK: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=766852


''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #34
Devious21
Lieutenant
Devious21's Avatar
No_Country
8
Rep
586
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Here is a brief summary of the problem with these checkpoints.

Border patrol has been setting up checkpoints 50 miles in from the border, with the intent to stop people and they ask "are you a US citizen?". It's also used as an excuse to look for drugs once they have you stopped with the opportunity to interrogate you.

The legality of this is tricky because they don't have a right to search you (that includes having to give them any information). Many people don't see any problem with this but whether or not you understand why it's important, is irrelevant. The 4th amendment is one of our most important and basic freedoms protected by the constitution. The supreme court has ruled that they CAN stop you as long as it's very clear they are doing a checkpoint (think same as DUI checkpoints) and they CAN ask you a question but you do NOT have to answer the question. If they DID force you to answer the question, IT WOULD BE UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

They are allowed to continue the checkpoints because of that loophole. They can ask but you don't have to answer. The problem is, the average citizen has NO IDEA that they do not have to answer. That's what these people are doing. They are illustrating that what the checkpoints are doing is really unconstitutional and they are demonstrating how awkward, scary, stupid, etc it gets if you try to go through these checkpoints while protecting your constitutional rights.

This guy below made news because he was a pastor who traveled frequently and would multiple checkpoints per day and video tape them. During one incident, they stunned him, pulled him out of his vehicle and arrested them. He fought the charge and won. Then I believe he was able to sue the department and win as well, but I could be wrong as I haven't been following it.

This is one of his random videos. You can find the video where he was tased and assaulted if you look for it.
__________________

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #35
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
125
Rep
5,069
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I mean to alter you looks from the description of the wanted man.
Ah, thought you were referring to my sex cha...er, um, never mind.
__________________
Mark
Flickr

"I know rocks. Rocks are hard."
-T. Walter
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #36
Devious21
Lieutenant
Devious21's Avatar
No_Country
8
Rep
586
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

I also initially thought many of these guys were a-holes. And I still think some of them are. Some handle themselves poorly and others do a better job.

At the end of the day, they are being dicks while the government agencies involved are violating people's constitutional freedoms. So when put in perspective, you can decide which you think is a bigger atrocity.
__________________

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #37
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
1,823
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
I watched that guy's videos too. While I agree with your reasoning, that pastor is a scumbag.

There are reasons I didn't post that pastor's videos; he's a douchebag religious nut that shouldn't be given the light of day. He said gays should be executed and he wished that the PotUS would die of brain cancer. Sounds like a great pastor to me
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #38
Devious21
Lieutenant
Devious21's Avatar
No_Country
8
Rep
586
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I watched that guy's videos too. While I agree with your reasoning, that pastor is a scumbag.

There are reasons I didn't post that pastor's videos; he's a douchebag religious nut that shouldn't be given the light of day. He said gays should be executed and he wished that the PotUS would die of brain cancer. Sounds like a great pastor to me
You're right, he does sound like a scumbag.

But this isn't about him or his religious views. It's about his 4th amendment right which he deserves just as much as anyone else. Just the same as if the Westboro baptists were pointing out an unconstitutional act or law against the 1st amendment(hypothetical). I may think their views are horrible but the thought that we may live in a country where they would be denied the freedom to express those views is much worse.

So regardless of his views on religion or gays, he is right in this subject, even if I believe (and I do) that he is wrong about the other two.
__________________

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #39
Litos
Banned
United_States
58
Rep
2,900
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
This guy below made news because he was a pastor
you lose all credibility.

that pastor has been a cheese dick for many many years.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #40
Devious21
Lieutenant
Devious21's Avatar
No_Country
8
Rep
586
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
you lose all credibility.

that pastor has been a cheese dick for many many years.
Do you know what an ad hominem attack is? It's thrown around incorrectly all the time but in this case, it's accurate.

He's an Ahole, fine. How is he wrong here? How do I lose credibility because he's an ahole? Bring something to the argument, or else I can dismiss you as easily as you dismissed me. The difference being that my dismissal is supported by logic and yours is in conflict with it.

Ask yourself this question. If the Westboro Baptists point out that they are not being afforded their first amendment rights, do they lose all credibility? If so, why?
__________________

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #41
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
1,823
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
You're right, he does sound like a scumbag.

But this isn't about him or his religious views. It's about his 4th amendment right which he deserves just as much as anyone else. Just the same as if the Westboro baptists were pointing out an unconstitutional act or law against the 1st amendment(hypothetical). I may think their views are horrible but the thought that we may live in a country where they would be denied the freedom to express those views is much worse.

So regardless of his views on religion or gays, he is right in this subject, even if I believe (and I do) that he is wrong about the other two.
True, the topic isn't about him, but it's because of his views that he deserves no support at all. He is a typical hateful jackass hiding behind religion (no different than radical Muslims IMO).

I didn't want to share it because that's more followers for him, and there are much better people out there to support in their fight.

He is a hypocrite, plain and simple. He's all about the constitution, until we try to apply it to gays and liberals, right?
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #42
Dine
Private
Dine's Avatar
0
Rep
84
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 silver Grey Z4mc
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
True, the topic isn't about him, but it's because of his views that he deserves no support at all. He is a typical hateful jackass hiding behind religion (no different than radical Muslims IMO).

I didn't want to share it because that's more followers for him, and there are much better people out there to support in their fight.

He is a hypocrite, plain and simple. He's all about the constitution, until we try to apply it to gays and liberals, right?
He may be an asshole but as devious pointed out how does that make him wrong 100% of the time. and they arn't just HIS views. On this particular topic, I think (although i can't say for sure without more research), that we agree. Does that mean i agree with him on 100% of his other views? NO. This isnt a zero sum game.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #43
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
1,823
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
He may be an asshole but as devious pointed out how does that make him wrong 100% of the time. and they arn't just HIS views. On this particular topic, I think (although i can't say for sure without more research), that we agree. Does that mean i agree with him on 100% of his other views? NO. This isnt a zero sum game.
Where did I say he was wrong 100% of the time? Or, where did I say he was wrong with what he did in the videos even? I never did...

I said he was an asshole and he shouldn't be followed. He's a hypocrite. He goes off saying this isn't Nazi Germany, but he's the one who wants to eliminate an entire group of people. Ironically, that sounds just like... Nazi Germany!

Not sure how I can clarify this more...
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #44
Devious21
Lieutenant
Devious21's Avatar
No_Country
8
Rep
586
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
True, the topic isn't about him, but it's because of his views that he deserves no support at all. He is a typical hateful jackass hiding behind religion.

I didn't want to share it because that's more followers for him, and there are much better people out there to support in their fight.

He is a hypocrite, plain and simple.
I understand what you're saying but because of his religious views is his 4th amendment less important than yours or mine or anyone's?

I didn't show his video because he's religious or intolerant of gays. I showed it because he was assaulted and arrested for exercising his 4th amendment rights and was found to be correct in a court of law. His position (on this subject) WAS CORRECT. LEGALLY.

Some of the founding fathers were slave owners. I don't dismiss all of their contributions or other beliefs because of that fact. I simply don't condone the fact that they had slaves just as I don't condone or believe any of this guy's views on religion or gay rights.

I think any reasonable person should be able to identify the difference there and have the capacity to accept one is correct and not the other.

EDIT: I just read your last post and you and I agree that this guy is a hypocrite and I understand your position there. I guess where I disagree is that showing this video is supporting him in a major or meaningful way, or even that he shouldn't be supported in this instance.

All I can do is point to the extreme. If the Westboro baptists (who I personally despise) made a logical and reasonable point about the infringement of their 1st amendment rights, I would support them. Not because I like them or agree with them on religion or social issues but in spite of it. Emotionally, I may not even want to but logically, I know it's the right thing to do. I wouldn't want to live in a country where they didn't have their first amendment rights, just as I wouldn't want to live somewhere that this guy didn't have his 4th amendment rights.

So support wise, he may gain a few dozen views on his youtube channel. I understand not wanting to support him. But his view on this I do support. And he is currently the best example I know of, of someone being assaulted and arrested over this and later exonerated, legally.
__________________

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|

Last edited by Devious21; 11-04-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST