E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Coders Help Nr. Reading, Berkshire?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
Aero1971
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Coders Help Nr. Reading, Berkshire?

Hi Guys

I've just returned to another BMW 335i after a break of two years where I tried a BMW 645ci and a Nissan 370z, needless to say the 6 was lovely but too big, while the Nissan was lovely to look at, but horrid to be in, too rough and agricultural! So the 335i itch got attention and I've picked up a lovely one owner 2006/56 low mileage (just 11k) full BMW history spec'd SE auto. It's wonderful to be back behind the wheel, even if it's a bit older than my previous 57 plate LCI model.

I'd like to know if there's any coders near to Reading (Berkshire) that could do the following for me, even one or two of them with the Alpina Transmission Flash being the most wanted:

1. The Alpina Transmission Flash for 335i, if possible on my year of car?
2. Increase brightness of DRLs and Keep them constantly bright (no dimming on parking lights / dipped headlights)
3. Add High beam flashing with your security alarm.
4. Increase the tilt of passenger mirror when reversing (this drives me mad)
5. Add panic alarm on your remote, I've got the chirps already.
6. Wipers to park mode

I'd be hugely grateful and gladly cover anyone's fuel and time costs for the assistants.

Thanks
Aero1971 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
omaragha
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 335i DCT E93
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Windsor, UK

Posts: 1,842
iTrader: (4)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704363
__________________
Engine Mods: JB4 G5 ISO, Wedge Flash, BMS DCI, ETS FMIC, ER CP, AR Catless DP's, BMS OCC, BMS Cowel filters & Forge DV's.
Running Gear Mods: Graphite Atomic CSL's, Birds B3 Suspension, Stoptech Grooved Rotors & Yellow Stuff pads.
Cosmetic: Performance Grill and Diffuser, Carbon Badges, Carbon Interior
omaragha is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
Nobber
First Lieutenant
 
Nobber's Avatar
 
Drives: 'That' 335i Touring
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newbury - Berks

Posts: 334
iTrader: (1)

If you find someone buddy I'll make their trip double the worth and bring mine along for a couple of things too.
Nobber is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
Aero1971
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Hi Nobber

Let me see what we can sort out, the link shared by Omaragha, reverts back to where I'd found the details about coding, but hugely grateful for his help. There's about 22 pages to read through so I'll hit them tomorrow and see what we can sort out.

Best

Aero1971
Aero1971 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 7,077
iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero1971 View Post
Hi Guys

I've just returned to another BMW 335i after a break of two years where I tried a BMW 645ci and a Nissan 370z, needless to say the 6 was lovely but too big, while the Nissan was lovely to look at, but horrid to be in, too rough and agricultural! So the 335i itch got attention and I've picked up a lovely one owner 2006/56 low mileage (just 11k) full BMW history spec'd SE auto. It's wonderful to be back behind the wheel, even if it's a bit older than my previous 57 plate LCI model.

I'd like to know if there's any coders near to Reading (Berkshire) that could do the following for me, even one or two of them with the Alpina Transmission Flash being the most wanted:

1. The Alpina Transmission Flash for 335i, if possible on my year of car?
2. Increase brightness of DRLs and Keep them constantly bright (no dimming on parking lights / dipped headlights)
3. Add High beam flashing with your security alarm.
4. Increase the tilt of passenger mirror when reversing (this drives me mad)
5. Add panic alarm on your remote, I've got the chirps already.
6. Wipers to park mode

I'd be hugely grateful and gladly cover anyone's fuel and time costs for the assistants.

Thanks
Alpina Transmission software cannot be coded to your car, unless you retrofit AT from 2007 car onward.


I am going to Buckinghamshire on coming Saturday due to some coding work.
On the way back, I can come down to your side if that interests you.
If that is something which suits you, shoot me a pm.
__________________
makkan00 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #6
Aero1971
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Hi Makkan00

I was hoping you'd be around, typical that I'm not this weekend. I can't PM as although old to the site, I'm not too verbal on it!! I can see that Nobber, lives close to me so he might want to meet anyway, but I'll have to re-arrange with you, are you able to PM me your contact details to re-arrange a date next time you're around? It's a shame about the Alpina Transmission Flash, but I think the gearbox swap is going to have to be a non-starter

But the remaining items, plus anything else you'd suggest are still a must, so:

1. Increase brightness of DRLs and Keep them constantly bright (no dimming on parking lights / dipped headlights)
2. Add High beam flashing with your security alarm.
3. Increase the tilt of passenger mirror when reversing (this drives me mad)
4. Add panic alarm on your remote, I've got the chirps already.
5. Wipers to park mode

Now I can't do the Alpina Transmission Flash, do I go for the re-map option...............it's already a quick car so I just don't know?!?!?!

Hope to hear back soon.

Best

Aero1971
Aero1971 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #7
Nobber
First Lieutenant
 
Nobber's Avatar
 
Drives: 'That' 335i Touring
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newbury - Berks

Posts: 334
iTrader: (1)

Unfortunately I can't make this Saturday either Aero which I've let Sam know via PM.

As for a Re-Map, I'd do it in a heart beat (and did!). Transforms the car completely.
Nobber is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #8
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 7,077
iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero1971 View Post
Hi Makkan00

I was hoping you'd be around, typical that I'm not this weekend. I can't PM as although old to the site, I'm not too verbal on it!! I can see that Nobber, lives close to me so he might want to meet anyway, but I'll have to re-arrange with you, are you able to PM me your contact details to re-arrange a date next time you're around? It's a shame about the Alpina Transmission Flash, but I think the gearbox swap is going to have to be a non-starter

But the remaining items, plus anything else you'd suggest are still a must, so:

1. Increase brightness of DRLs and Keep them constantly bright (no dimming on parking lights / dipped headlights)
2. Add High beam flashing with your security alarm.
3. Increase the tilt of passenger mirror when reversing (this drives me mad)
4. Add panic alarm on your remote, I've got the chirps already.
5. Wipers to park mode

Now I can't do the Alpina Transmission Flash, do I go for the re-map option...............it's already a quick car so I just don't know?!?!?!

Hope to hear back soon.

Best

Aero1971
Ok bud. I will send you a pm when I am passing by your region next time.
__________________
makkan00 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
Aero1971
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
Unfortunately I can't make this Saturday either Aero which I've let Sam know via PM.

As for a Re-Map, I'd do it in a heart beat (and did!). Transforms the car completely.

Hi Nobber

Okay; so the big question I looked at the DMS and Birds both fantastic but very costly at over 1000! I've read up about the JB4. So this leaves me with Evolve, Evolution (not sure about Evolution) and one other that is mentioned here a lot that slips my mind today, but who did you go with and have you have any problems since? So tempted, but I didn't do it on my previous 57 plate 335 LCi, as I just couldn't decide and in the end swapped the car out altogether. But the temptation is certainly there...
Aero1971 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #10
Aero1971
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Ok bud. I will send you a pm when I am passing by your region next time.
Hi makkan00

Please do; I'll work around you as I'd love to catch up and get these bits done.

Best

Aero
Aero1971 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #11
Nobber
First Lieutenant
 
Nobber's Avatar
 
Drives: 'That' 335i Touring
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newbury - Berks

Posts: 334
iTrader: (1)

Hi Aero. Give me a shout on the blower mate - 07946 151 339.
Nobber is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST