E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Coders Help Nr. Reading, Berkshire?

11-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
Aero1971

Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Coders Help Nr. Reading, Berkshire?

Hi Guys

I've just returned to another BMW 335i after a break of two years where I tried a BMW 645ci and a Nissan 370z, needless to say the 6 was lovely but too big, while the Nissan was lovely to look at, but horrid to be in, too rough and agricultural! So the 335i itch got attention and I've picked up a lovely one owner 2006/56 low mileage (just 11k) full BMW history spec'd SE auto. It's wonderful to be back behind the wheel, even if it's a bit older than my previous 57 plate LCI model.

I'd like to know if there's any coders near to Reading (Berkshire) that could do the following for me, even one or two of them with the Alpina Transmission Flash being the most wanted:

1. The Alpina Transmission Flash for 335i, if possible on my year of car?
2. Increase brightness of DRLs and Keep them constantly bright (no dimming on parking lights / dipped headlights)
3. Add High beam flashing with your security alarm.
4. Increase the tilt of passenger mirror when reversing (this drives me mad)
5. Add panic alarm on your remote, I've got the chirps already.
6. Wipers to park mode

I'd be hugely grateful and gladly cover anyone's fuel and time costs for the assistants.

Thanks
Aero1971 is offline   United Kingdom
      11-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
omaragha
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335i DCT E93

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704363
omaragha is offline   United Kingdom
      11-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
Nobber
First Lieutenant

Drives: 'That' 335i Touring

If you find someone buddy I'll make their trip double the worth and bring mine along for a couple of things too.
Nobber is offline   England
      11-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
Aero1971

Hi Nobber

Let me see what we can sort out, the link shared by Omaragha, reverts back to where I'd found the details about coding, but hugely grateful for his help. There's about 22 pages to read through so I'll hit them tomorrow and see what we can sort out.

Best

Aero1971
      11-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
makkan00
Major General

Drives: E91 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero1971 View Post
Hi Guys

I've just returned to another BMW 335i after a break of two years where I tried a BMW 645ci and a Nissan 370z, needless to say the 6 was lovely but too big, while the Nissan was lovely to look at, but horrid to be in, too rough and agricultural! So the 335i itch got attention and I've picked up a lovely one owner 2006/56 low mileage (just 11k) full BMW history spec'd SE auto. It's wonderful to be back behind the wheel, even if it's a bit older than my previous 57 plate LCI model.

I'd like to know if there's any coders near to Reading (Berkshire) that could do the following for me, even one or two of them with the Alpina Transmission Flash being the most wanted:

1. The Alpina Transmission Flash for 335i, if possible on my year of car?
2. Increase brightness of DRLs and Keep them constantly bright (no dimming on parking lights / dipped headlights)
3. Add High beam flashing with your security alarm.
4. Increase the tilt of passenger mirror when reversing (this drives me mad)
5. Add panic alarm on your remote, I've got the chirps already.
6. Wipers to park mode

I'd be hugely grateful and gladly cover anyone's fuel and time costs for the assistants.

Thanks
Alpina Transmission software cannot be coded to your car, unless you retrofit AT from 2007 car onward.

I am going to Buckinghamshire on coming Saturday due to some coding work.
On the way back, I can come down to your side if that interests you.
If that is something which suits you, shoot me a pm.
      11-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #6
Aero1971

Hi Makkan00

I was hoping you'd be around, typical that I'm not this weekend. I can't PM as although old to the site, I'm not too verbal on it!! I can see that Nobber, lives close to me so he might want to meet anyway, but I'll have to re-arrange with you, are you able to PM me your contact details to re-arrange a date next time you're around? It's a shame about the Alpina Transmission Flash, but I think the gearbox swap is going to have to be a non-starter

But the remaining items, plus anything else you'd suggest are still a must, so:

1. Increase brightness of DRLs and Keep them constantly bright (no dimming on parking lights / dipped headlights)
2. Add High beam flashing with your security alarm.
3. Increase the tilt of passenger mirror when reversing (this drives me mad)
4. Add panic alarm on your remote, I've got the chirps already.
5. Wipers to park mode

Now I can't do the Alpina Transmission Flash, do I go for the re-map option...............it's already a quick car so I just don't know?!?!?!

Hope to hear back soon.

Best

Aero1971
      11-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #7
Nobber
First Lieutenant

Unfortunately I can't make this Saturday either Aero which I've let Sam know via PM.

As for a Re-Map, I'd do it in a heart beat (and did!). Transforms the car completely.
      11-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #8
makkan00
Major General

Drives: E91 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero1971 View Post
Hi Makkan00

I was hoping you'd be around, typical that I'm not this weekend. I can't PM as although old to the site, I'm not too verbal on it!! I can see that Nobber, lives close to me so he might want to meet anyway, but I'll have to re-arrange with you, are you able to PM me your contact details to re-arrange a date next time you're around? It's a shame about the Alpina Transmission Flash, but I think the gearbox swap is going to have to be a non-starter

But the remaining items, plus anything else you'd suggest are still a must, so:

1. Increase brightness of DRLs and Keep them constantly bright (no dimming on parking lights / dipped headlights)
2. Add High beam flashing with your security alarm.
3. Increase the tilt of passenger mirror when reversing (this drives me mad)
4. Add panic alarm on your remote, I've got the chirps already.
5. Wipers to park mode

Now I can't do the Alpina Transmission Flash, do I go for the re-map option...............it's already a quick car so I just don't know?!?!?!

Hope to hear back soon.

Best

Aero1971
Ok bud. I will send you a pm when I am passing by your region next time.
      11-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
Aero1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
Unfortunately I can't make this Saturday either Aero which I've let Sam know via PM.

As for a Re-Map, I'd do it in a heart beat (and did!). Transforms the car completely.

Hi Nobber

Okay; so the big question I looked at the DMS and Birds both fantastic but very costly at over 1000! I've read up about the JB4. So this leaves me with Evolve, Evolution (not sure about Evolution) and one other that is mentioned here a lot that slips my mind today, but who did you go with and have you have any problems since? So tempted, but I didn't do it on my previous 57 plate 335 LCi, as I just couldn't decide and in the end swapped the car out altogether. But the temptation is certainly there...
      11-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #10
Aero1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Ok bud. I will send you a pm when I am passing by your region next time.
Hi makkan00

Please do; I'll work around you as I'd love to catch up and get these bits done.

Best

Aero
      11-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #11
Nobber
First Lieutenant

Hi Aero. Give me a shout on the blower mate - 07946 151 339.