E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > 2014 Motortrend COTY: 2014 Cadillac CTS



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
swanson
Convicted Felon
 
swanson's Avatar
 
Drives: chariot
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,204
iTrader: (0)

2014 Motortrend COTY: 2014 Cadillac CTS

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/..._cadillac_cts/

swanson is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
Blipit_
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bmw

Posts: 326
iTrader: (0)

CTS is a great package. Deserving of the title.

CTS-V has good car to work from, should be amazing.
Blipit_ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
swanson
Convicted Felon
 
swanson's Avatar
 
Drives: chariot
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,204
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
CTS is a great package. Deserving of the title.

CTS-V has good car to work from, should be amazing.


If the base CTS is this good, how amazing is the CTS-V gonna be?
swanson is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
 
Raja Ventureshield's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 5,420
iTrader: (6)

i don't know. i like the xts, this one front is going to need some work for me to like it.
__________________
*************************************
Un4gettable 435i Extended Test drive thread:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=881491
Raja Ventureshield is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
quagmire
I am Gundam
 
quagmire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
i don't know. i like the xts, this one front is going to need some work for me to like it.
XTS needs to die in a fire. It's sole purpose is to sell to the DTS/Deville crowd. Something Cadillac needs to get away from.
quagmire is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
 
Raja Ventureshield's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 5,420
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
XTS needs to die in a fire. It's sole purpose is to sell to the DTS/Deville crowd. Something Cadillac needs to get away from.
noooooooooooo, that's gonna be my dad's new car soon.
__________________
*************************************
Un4gettable 435i Extended Test drive thread:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=881491
Raja Ventureshield is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
Never Convicted
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 M3 E92
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte NC

Posts: 434
iTrader: (0)

Let's hope it does as well as the Chevy Volt, MT's 2011 Car of the Year. A Masterpiece!
Never Convicted is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
quagmire
I am Gundam
 
quagmire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
noooooooooooo, that's gonna be my dad's new car soon.
Your dad just proved my point.

Old people are more willing to buy cars that are biased towards young people than young people are willing to buy old people cars.

Old people are still buying the ATS, CTS, etc and everyone here is loving those vehicles too. That is what Cadillac needs to do. XTS can't die soon enough. Which it should when the Omega based Cadillac arrives.
quagmire is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #9
F1Venom
Lieutenant
 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 551
iTrader: (0)

I would take a CTS V-sport over the CTS-V simply because I'm so excited about the ATS-V. It's even going to have quad exhaust pipes and shouldn't run more than $6x,000 fully loaded! I love where Cadillac is headed, really.
F1Venom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #10
Efthreeoh
Colonel
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

Posts: 2,484
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Your dad just proved my point.

Old people are more willing to buy cars that are biased towards young people than young people are willing to buy old people cars.

Old people are still buying the ATS, CTS, etc and everyone here is loving those vehicles too. That is what Cadillac needs to do. XTS can't die soon enough. Which it should when the Omega based Cadillac arrives.
So when you turn 65 and can afford a $120,000 car, are you going to buy a BMW 7-Series?
Efthreeoh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #11
Efthreeoh
Colonel
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

Posts: 2,484
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
Let's hope it does as well as the Chevy Volt, MT's 2011 Car of the Year. A Masterpiece!
What, you mean the best-selling extended-range electric vehicle?
Efthreeoh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #12
quagmire
I am Gundam
 
quagmire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So when you turn 65 and can afford a $120,000 car, are you going to buy a BMW 7-Series?
If I can afford it and I like it over the competition sure.

Point is the 7 series( or S Class) isn't seen as an old mans car. It's coveted by the younger people even though only old people tend to drive it( because they are the only ones that can afford it). Where the XTS/DTS/Avalon, etc are seen as old man cars and are not desirable to young people. They won't aspire to work hard and get to the point where they can buy them. Where they will for the 7 series. It's all about image.

It's much easier to get an old person to drive a car that is also desirable for younger people. But, if the younger people perceive a car to be for old people, they won't consider it.

Cadillac shouldn't be making a car like the XTS that only ponders to their old( no pun intended) customer base. Their new lineup with the ATS and CTS have satisfied both attracting the younger crowd while keeping the older crowd. That is what Cadillac should aim for. Here we are going and saying the ATS/-V and CTS/-V are/going to be great vehicles, etc. Where 10 years ago we would be automatically dismissing Caddy's as old man cars, junk, etc. And the older crowd are still buying them. When you can get the younger crowd and older crowd, that is when you're doing something right.

I do realize saying his father proved my point was wrong though.

Last edited by quagmire; 11-08-2013 at 12:04 PM.
quagmire is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #13
M3_WC
Colonel
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 2,143
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
I would take a CTS V-sport over the CTS-V simply because I'm so excited about the ATS-V. It's even going to have quad exhaust pipes and shouldn't run more than $6x,000 fully loaded! I love where Cadillac is headed, really.
ATS-V could go north of 500hp

http://www.egmcartech.com/2013/11/07...twin-turbo-v6/
M3_WC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #14
Efthreeoh
Colonel
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

Posts: 2,484
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
If I can afford it and I like it over the competition sure.

Point is the 7 series( or S Class) isn't seen as an old mans car. It's coveted by the younger people even though only old people tend to drive it( because they are the only ones that can afford it). Where the XTS/DTS/Avalon, etc are seen as old man cars and are not desirable to young people. They won't aspire to work hard and get to the point where they can buy them. Where they will for the 7 series. It's all about image.

It's much easier to get an old person to drive a car that is also desirable for younger people. But, if the younger people perceive a car to be for old people, they won't consider it.

Cadillac shouldn't be making a car like the XTS that only ponders to their old( no pun intended) customer base. Their new lineup with the ATS and CTS have satisfied both attracting the younger crowd while keeping the older crowd. That is what Cadillac should aim for. Here we are going and saying the ATS/-V and CTS/-V are/going to be great vehicles, etc. Where 10 years ago we would be automatically dismissing Caddy's as old man cars, junk, etc. And the older crowd are still buying them. When you can get the younger crowd and older crowd, that is when you're doing something right.

I do realize saying his father proved my point was wrong though.
Where is live on the East Coast I hardly see anyone under 60 driving a 7 Series or S Class unless they are a ball player or (wannabe) hip hop artist. The 7-Series and S-Class are designed and marketed for "old people". They are luxo-boats that drive nowhere near a proper sports sedan chassis should, which apparently is what "young" people (should) want. The XTS is not an old person's car any more than a CTS is; the design is modern and the chassis is well honed. It's not a 3-Series but neither is a 7-Series a 3-Series. 95% of 7-Series buyers would know a decent driving car if it fell on them and the XTS would drive just as well for those people, except it doesn’t have a Roundel on the hood. If Cadillac targeted the XTS only for "old people" they would not have just released a 410 HP twin-turbo V-6 model with Brembos and a magnetic suspension.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 11-08-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Efthreeoh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST