E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > DIY: LOGIC 7 SYSTEM Integration w/Aftermarket Radio



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
shadowinstallz
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

DIY: LOGIC 7 SYSTEM Integration w/Aftermarket Radio

DIY: LOGIC 7 SYSTEM Integration w/Aftermarket Radio


Just finished adding an Pioneer AVIC-X930BT aftermarket radio integrated into factory Logic 7 System,oem radio relocated to trunk, all factory functions kept, NO CUTTING/SPLICING of wires from factory. Also integrated steering wheel controls, OEM PDC, back-up camera .No errors.

Will be posting diy,parts,etc soon....

Part used:

-Crux SWRBM-57 (covers steering wheel controls, accessory wire, VSS, reverse signal,illumination),only thing is the Constant 12volt behind the radio loses power/voltage over a couple of hours ,so you will need to run 12v constant to the battery for radio memory.
http://www.cruxinterfacing.com/produ...-57/index.html

-Metra 95-9306B Dash Kit
-Metra 40-EU10 Antenna Adapter or VWA4B Scosche
-Metra 98-9306 Heated seats relocation kit


Factory Radio Relocation Parts needed
-2 Fiber Optic cables
-2 Female Ends

I will add the part numbers when i get home later.

Last edited by shadowinstallz; 11-15-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
bmw325i
Brigadier General
56

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States


Posts: 4,405
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowinstallz View Post
DIY: LOGIC 7 SYSTEM Integration w/Aftermarket Radio


Just finished adding an Pioneer AVIC-X930BT aftermarket radio integrated into factory Logic 7 System,oem radio relocated to trunk, all factory functions kept, NO CUTTING/SPLICING of wires from factory. Also integrated steering wheel controls, OEM PDC, back-up camera and remote start.No errors.

Will be posting diy,parts,etc soon....
I did pretty much the exact same thing not long ago, I even have a viper 5904 remote start. I used the Alpine s920hd. Did you use the connects2 harness.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
shadowinstallz
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Nice.....no didn't want to spend that much for it...just made my own harness pretty much
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
bmw325i
Brigadier General
56

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States


Posts: 4,405
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowinstallz View Post
Nice.....no didn't want to spend that much for it...just made my own harness pretty much
Considering the connects2 harness takes care of the steering wheel controls and pdc it is worth it. It would probably cost just as much for the metra harness plus a steering wheel control interface and something to integrate the pdc. Also the Connects2 harness has the switched 12 volt wire, and speed pulse wire for the navigation which makes the install much easier.

What dash kit did you use? I'm using the Metra kit and it looks alright to me, but I would prefer something that fit a little better.

One more question what rearview camera did you use? I got a cheap one for now because I didn't like any of the ones I was looking at.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
shadowinstallz
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

I used the crux interface whoch does the same thing .,but I used a 5 channel amp to power all the speakers except the center who i used for the pdc
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
shadowinstallz
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

I got one on ebay from china....works good...i think it was like $100+..it had the trunk switch...OEM look...I also used metra dash kit....I was thinking about triming it to make it a little better but got lazy lol
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
shadowinstallz
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

whered you get your connects2 harness?? now that im looking at it- CT10BM04? or was it a different one , i can clean it up a little lol..... i ran a separate constant 12volt to the aftermarket radio because the 12volt on the oem radio harness loses voltage after a few hours so the radio resets....so i pretty much just extended all the wires to ther rear so i can keep the stock radio so no sos error and keep the rear back sensors working....did you have the same situtation?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #8
bmw325i
Brigadier General
56

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States


Posts: 4,405
iTrader: (6)

I didn't relocate the headunit or get any errors. I trimmed the metra kit and it fits a lot better than before still not perfect though. I had to notch out the metra kit where the climate control goes to get that to fit right.

I was thinking about getting that same rearview camera unless I get one of Alpines more expensive camera's. I didn't like any of the aftermarket cameras that are under $200. I replied to your pm on the harness.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
ctuna
Brigadier General
44

 
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Cruz, Ca


Posts: 4,294
iTrader: (0)

Kind of misleading when you say you integrated it.

Kind of misleading when you say you integrated it.
Since you used aftermarket amps to power the speakers.
Or am I wrong?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #10
shadowinstallz
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

that is correct, I used an amp but you can also use the headunit to power up the speakers as well. same concept. I just decided to give my speakers more power.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #11
shadowinstallz
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
I didn't relocate the headunit or get any errors. I trimmed the metra kit and it fits a lot better than before still not perfect though. I had to notch out the metra kit where the climate control goes to get that to fit right.

I was thinking about getting that same rearview camera unless I get one of Alpines more expensive camera's. I didn't like any of the aftermarket cameras that are under $200. I replied to your pm on the harness.
no errors really??? no sos? where did you connect the fiber optic cables to?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #12
bmw325i
Brigadier General
56

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States


Posts: 4,405
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowinstallz View Post
no errors really??? no sos? where did you connect the fiber optic cables to?
The fiber optic cables that connect to the headunit aren't connected to anything. I did move the fiber optic cables from the amp to the unused distribution block like I said over pm. I'm sure the only reason I'm not getting any errors is because I don't really have any options that use MOST.

I will probably relocate the head unit eventually, but for now I'll just hang onto it.

What amp are you using? I'm using a xd600/6 but only 4 channels work so I only have the front speakers and underseats hooked up. It actually sounds very good the sq is much better than I could get out of the stock headunit. The amp is getting replaced with an Alpine PDX F6 next week.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #13
ctuna
Brigadier General
44

 
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Cruz, Ca


Posts: 4,294
iTrader: (0)

My point is the L7 amp won't fly with a non BMW HU

My point is the L7 amp won't fly with a non BMW HU .
So if you are taking out both the head unit and amp its not
what I would call a integration, its more of a replacement.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #14
bmw325i
Brigadier General
56

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States


Posts: 4,405
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
My point is the L7 amp won't fly with a non BMW HU .
So if you are taking out both the head unit and amp its not
what I would call a integration, its more of a replacement.
If someone didn't know that they have no business touching a logic 7 system or any system without doing some research first. Sure he could have worded it differently, but we all know what he means so it doesn't matter. He still has the logic 7 speakers so technically it's not a complete replacement.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
ctuna
Brigadier General
44

 
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Cruz, Ca


Posts: 4,294
iTrader: (0)

Yes but the logic 7 portion of it is gone.

Yes but the logic 7 portion of it is gone.
There have been a lot of lost souls on here thinking
they can just change out the head unit in a Logic 7
system and keep the amp. so don't get there hopes
up.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #16
bmw325i
Brigadier General
56

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States


Posts: 4,405
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Yes but the logic 7 portion of it is gone.
There have been a lot of lost souls on here thinking
they can just change out the head unit in a Logic 7
system and keep the amp. so don't get there hopes
up.
Those souls will forever be lost . The info is already out there if they would . Ive said it many times the headunit can easily be replaced, but only if the amp is also replaced.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #17
shadowinstallz
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

fyi, i still have the oem logic 7 amp.....it sends the signal for my pdc to my center channel.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #18
shadowinstallz
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
The fiber optic cables that connect to the headunit aren't connected to anything. I did move the fiber optic cables from the amp to the unused distribution block like I said over pm. I'm sure the only reason I'm not getting any errors is because I don't really have any options that use MOST.

I will probably relocate the head unit eventually, but for now I'll just hang onto it.

What amp are you using? I'm using a xd600/6 but only 4 channels work so I only have the front speakers and underseats hooked up. It actually sounds very good the sq is much better than I could get out of the stock headunit. The amp is getting replaced with an Alpine PDX F6 next week.
I using a Jensen 5 channel 1500d, soo i have the front and rear doors speakers running off the "front channels" and the rear deck speakers running off the "rear channels", both subs running off the fifth channel. That alpine is a very nice amp.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #19
shadowinstallz
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

will add part numbers and pics hopefully later on during the week also
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #20
jvalen7788
Registered
0

 
Drives: 2006 BMW326i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Owings Mills Md.


Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Recommendations for upgrading the HU?

I am interested in obtaining a new aftermarket HU which has Bluetooth and Navigation. I have the Logic7 in my 06BMW 325i.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #21
bmw325i
Brigadier General
56

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States


Posts: 4,405
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalen7788 View Post
I am interested in obtaining a new aftermarket HU which has Bluetooth and Navigation. I have the Logic7 in my 06BMW 325i.
I have an Alpine S920hd, I am happy with it. Kenwood and Pioneer are also worth looking at.

This is the best fitting dash kit. I have the metra kit and it doesn't fit right.
http://www.mybimmer.net/E9x_doubledintrim.htm
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #22
jvalen7788
Registered
0

 
Drives: 2006 BMW326i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Owings Mills Md.


Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
I have an Alpine S920hd, I am happy with it. Kenwood and Pioneer are also worth looking at.

This is the best fitting dash kit. I have the metra kit and it doesn't fit right.
http://www.mybimmer.net/E9x_doubledintrim.htm
Thanks!

My wife is trying to buy a unit off ebay, its an eonon D6156. Ive read some post about it not being compatible with the Logic7. I am not sure if there is any HU that would be.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST