E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Dpf warning light.

01-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #23
ade146
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E90 330d sport auto

Spikes are very possibly one of the pressure sensors. Dpfs can be lots of trouble but a spike I would guess is not genuine.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #24
tmarshall57
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E90 330d

Garage List
My thoughts are quite simply that you bought a car with 38k miles on the clock which is showing errors relating to a component that should last 120k miles at least. The car was bought from BMW and, at the time of your original post, was still under warranty - in which case insist that BMW sort it out. It should not need the DPF gutting or any other alternative "treatment" at that mileage. The thermostat temps you quoted at the beginning of the thread (89 degrees?) are not far off normal (92 degrees) however the thermostat(s) have been replaced. The backpressure appears to "spike" periodically which will of course cause the DPF error light.

What is likely to cause such a spike? I guess one of the DPF pressure sensors. BMW should have the technology and brain power to have sorted this our weeks ago. However evidence from daily reads and contributions on this forum suggests otherwise. Just noticed previous poster who has reached the same conclusion but using less words!
      01-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #25
David c
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E92 325d M Sport

That's What I thought surely it's a pressure sensor but would that show up on the computer if it is faulty?

It's booked back in next week where the dealer is going to investigate further !?!?!?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 08:47 AM   #26
streetos
England
Rep

Drives: 325d coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by David c View Post
That's What I thought surely it's a pressure sensor but would that show up on the computer if it is faulty?

It's booked back in next week where the dealer is going to investigate further !?!?!?
If the DPF pressure sensor is "spiking" then it will only show up as an error on the diagnostics if it is spiking at the time. Obvious solution is to replace the sensor.
      01-26-2014, 10:36 AM   #27
bungleaio
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Pug 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
I say fuck the environment, gut it out, code it, and enjoy the extra power. Maybe a nicecremap as well.
It's not just the environment that the diesel fumes are bad for, they are properly bad for us humans too.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 04:06 AM   #28
woggledog
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 2007 E91 320D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungleaio View Post
It's not just the environment that the diesel fumes are bad for, they are properly bad for us humans too.
And Kittens. Poor little kittens.
Appreciate 0