E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Question about e92 grill, seatbelt arm.. HELP

11-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Luke1471
Rep
Drives: Bm

Question about e92 grill, seatbelt arm.. HELP

Hi guys,

Just brought myself a black bmw e92 coupe on a 60 plate. Basically
I just want to do a few things to it I have already put some black CSL alloys on there they set it off nice! I want the kidney grills to be gloss black. I have looked on eBay and there 60 - 80 pound. The dilemma I'm in is I either get them painted gloss black at a paint shop, or get them wrapped gloss black? Does anybody know if the chrome part of the grill comes off separate? I will also be getting the boot lip off eBay there is one for 20.. There are some on there for 60+ what is the difference?

Also my seatbelt arm don't seem to catch the belt, I have tried to iron the belt and that don't work?

Finally what do people think about the tuning diesel chips any good or not? There on eBay for around 100 just wondering if it's worth it?

Would appreciate it if someone could help me please !

Last edited by Luke1471; 11-25-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

Yes, the kidney grills do separate into two pieces. There are tabs holding the two together. If you want gloss black, you can try to spray paint them yourself if you are comfortable with doing that. I think it's an easy and cheap DIY, there are tons of DIYs on how to do this. I assume the price difference is unpainted vs painted, in which case you should just get the painted as I've seen many members get painted spoilers on ebay and the paint matches. Seems like the majority that I have seen buy it from emotors2000. I'm sure you've come across one of their listings on ebay.

As for the seat belt, take a look at this thread and see if it helps you.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827818
      11-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
Luke1471
Rep
Drives: Bm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenY. View Post
Yes, the kidney grills do separate into two pieces. There are tabs holding the two together. If you want gloss black, you can always try to paint them yourself. I think it's an easy and cheap DIY, there are tons of DIYs on how to do this. I assume the price difference is unpainted vs painted, in which case you should just get the painted as I've seen many members get painted spoilers on ebay and the paint matches. Seems like the majority that I have seen buy it from emotors2000. I'm sure you've come across one of their listings on ebay.

As for the seat belt, take a look at this thread and see if it helps you.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827818

Thanks for your reply, hmm what do you think would last longer in the long term though because I know gloss black is hard to paint and May chip. Where as the wrap effects May be better... Thanks I will
Check the ebay user !
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke1471 View Post
Thanks for your reply, hmm what do you think would last longer in the long term though because I know gloss black is hard to paint and May chip. Where as the wrap effects May be better... Thanks I will
Check the ebay user !
I can't speak from experience but I have seen from some who have theirs spray painted that say it chipped from rocks. If I would have to guess, the vinyl would likely be better as they are pretty thick and tough. Mine are plastidipped and I haven't run into the problem of them chipping at all. I have seen people who say that the BMW performance grills are less likely to chip though but I just think it's unnecessary to spend so much on black kidney grills when you can achieve it for less than 10 dollars and some of your time.