E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AA xede vs sflgator procede v2 (with vids)

10-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #89
DrDomer
Major

Drives: 2004 330ci ZHP, 1999 Miata

I suspect the benefits of V2 will only be realized by running 100 octane and exhaust so the torque settings and thereby boost can be maxed out (DP's too if committed - but would need a custom tune). Sounds like the conservative settings Gator has talked about aren't much different in max boost then V1.47. Do we have any dyno numbers on Gator's car since he switched to V2? Anyone see the new kid on the block's numbers (new piggy - can't think of the name)?
      10-30-2007, 08:02 PM   #90
Driver72
Brigadier General

Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Actually not at all, given that; there were a few comments about him bogging, the first video was from a pretty slow roll. Slamming the throttle was not what you would want to do.
Of course, you'd just spin slamming the throttle from a 10 or even 20 mph roll in a tuned 335i without LSD.
I didn't see they were starting from such a slow speed.
But even then, the Xede car was spinning it's tires and still pulling away so unless Gator just forgot to push the throttle down at all, a stock 335i could of pulled away from him.
      10-30-2007, 08:02 PM   #91
bimmermans54
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335

My tranny is manual. We went from where ever was good for us. The 1st vid i believe was a 1st gear 20mph for me, he said he was in 2nd and when we hit it, it dropped to first, but you can see in the vid, that didnt hurt him, he was right there for a second. He has the paddle shifters. Then the next was a 40mph roll, thats 2nd gear for me.
Im sure that people will have things to say, thats why I took a vid as proof. The passenger in SFLGATORS car will be on soon to give his description. ITS NYCGARBAGEKID, he has the 335 with same AA as mine, same exhaust work, and AA's fmic.
      10-30-2007, 08:02 PM   #92
sflgator
Major General

Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermans54 View Post
Ok, I met up with sflgator, and unexpectedly made a few runs. He has the v2, I have the AA xede. I have no cats, and magnaflow glasspacks. Please dont start with I have this and that and what not. Because no exhaust work will make up the difference. Vids speak for themsleves. Sorry its only a camera phone, but its still clear enough to see the difference. There was passengers in each car, I am hoping that they will post remarks!
Recap:Now my car is on 20's and a full Reiger bodykit, where SFLGATOR came in rims that weigh 20lbs. We met at the local Jamba juice. We went on the turnpike, where our first run, I jumped early, so we got off, and we went again from a 40mph roll, and a 20mph roll. Each time, especially from the 20mph roll, I jump right away, and keep pulling, after the end of my 3rd gear, I just let off, because there is a huge gap between us, that the vids plainly show. In the 20mph roll, I spun for 2 gears, while passing him on his PS2's. SFLGATOR car isnt slow, and I sincerely appreciate him meeting us so that we could test our cars together.
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share....tate=RETRIEVED

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share....tate=RETRIEVED
Oh sh!t, I guess we're famous now (or infamous as it goes ). Anyhow, without even reading the rest of this thread (just the first post), I'll say a few things...

1. bimmerman54's AA XEDE 335i is just freakin' fast...no doubt about it!

2. For the first time in 1 year (and 10 months combined of running the XEDE and PROcede), I got heat soak today during those runs. Even when doing 6 runs at the Moroso track in June, my car never went above 245 degrees F. Even with PROcede, I normally run between 235-245 degrees F. For some reason today (and it wasn't even that hot and just very windy), I was running 265 degrees F (and climbing) during those couple runs with bimmermans54.

3. He also has custom DPs and exhaust + a custom front spoiler (which looks awesome btw ) and allows for much more air to enter the intercooler. My mods are listed in my sig...just PROcede v2 and the ITG air filter (which doesn't do jack, imho).

btw -- I'm thinking about getting the add'l oil cooler, since my car is an Oct., '06 build (sport package) with no extra oil cooler.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
      10-30-2007, 08:02 PM   #93
e90AW335i
Major General

Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDomer View Post
Anyone see the new kid on the block's numbers (new piggy - can't think of the name)?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92490
e90AW335i is offline   United_States
      10-30-2007, 08:04 PM   #94
Driver72
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by revah2 View Post
Actually just ordered my JB2 today
Perhaps you should jump off the proceed bandwagon?
and Yes an Xede car with DPs and exhaust can waste a v2.0 car, EVIDENTLY

And apparently every other tuned 335i based on those results.
And therefore an M5, M6 too.
Heck it should hang with a Ferrari F430 and 997TT based on that "evident" results and conclusions you are drawing from that video.
      10-30-2007, 08:05 PM   #95
revah2
Lieutenant

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
And apparently every other tuned 335i based on those results.
And therefore an M5, M6 too.
Heck it should hang with a Ferrari F430 and 997TT based on that "evident" results and conclusions you are drawing from that video.
Hey, who knows
      10-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #96
bimmermans54
Second Lieutenant

DRIVER72, do you have a procede? Cause you are very errogant.. Listen, it might just be that the AA is faster. Obviously Im sure that SFLGATOR will have sometype of excuse, thats why, he had a passenger, that was involved and saw every move he made. So just wait for a person who witnessed his side of the story, before you go believing what someone says who got pulled.
      10-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #97
sflgator
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Wow thats unbelievable....There had to be something wrong with Sflgator's ride...I just can't see you pulling that far ahead of him, obviously the video shows that, but i still can't believe it
Heak soak, I believe.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
      10-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #98
nico335

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by revah2 View Post
Hey, who knows
what a joke

10-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #99
revah2
Lieutenant

bimmerman- were you at a bestbuy on 441 a few days ago by any chance? Saw a silver 335i there with what looked to be 20 inch rims and definitely upgraded exhaust- wasnt sure if it was AA
      10-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #100
sflgator
Major General

Quote:
DRIVER72, do you have a procede? Cause you are very errogant.. Listen, it might just be that the AA is faster. Obviously Im sure that SFLGATOR will have sometype of excuse, thats why, he had a passenger, that was involved and saw every move he made. So just wait for a person who witnessed his side of the story, before you go believing what someone says who got pulled.
No "real" excuses; I was just as surprised as you guys...but let's not forget that I had just given a "nice" ride on the hwy. to NYCgarbageprince (just before our runs), and I told all of you that my car seemed to be running abnormally high temp (for my car); I truly believe my car was heat soaked.

Last edited by sflgator; 10-30-2007 at 08:36 PM.
      10-30-2007, 08:10 PM   #101
bimmermans54
Second Lieutenant

Wow, thank you SFLGATOR, I appreciate that, you are a gentlemen. I would love to race you again, so next time your up here call me!
      10-30-2007, 08:10 PM   #102
nico335

Drives:

you guys should do some runs again when your car isnt "heat soaked"

10-30-2007, 08:11 PM   #103
bimmermans54
Second Lieutenant

You were 265, I was 245, I had just come from work, racing the entire way to get to you guys. But I would deff look into getting that oil cooler, I will bet money that it will help you! If you need help, just call me
      10-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #104
revah2
Lieutenant

I'm getting the JB2 on friday- gator or bimmerman- if your interested in doing a few comparo runs with AA xede and JB2 let me know!
      10-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #105
Driver72
Brigadier General

Quote:
yes but I'm not arrogant (sorry if it came across like that) in thinking your car might just be faster.
Your car may very well be faster than a stock PROcede v2.0 car, but not 6-7 CL faster from 20-120 mph.
There was clearly something amiss with gators car.
And now that he's chimed in and mentioned his car was heat soaked and had a passenger (did your car have a passenger too) that would explain it.
That's huge difference and based on other Xede times and dynos they are pretty much dead on with PROcede times and dynos.

Again, you may very well still beat a v2.0 PROcede car but it should be by that much, that was a 60 rwhp difference in that beating.
      10-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #106
sflgator
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Well you got it about all wrong in the above statements:

Well first of all, I NEVER said the huge gains that WalkedU had over the v1.47 PRocede car was all v2.0
I said, "even if you say 1/2 of the difference was due to the DP's FMIC and exhaust, that still meant the v2.0 would of pulled 3 CL's over the v1.47 cars.

Second, Bimmerman doesn't have "small" modifications to his car.
Not only does he have the catless DP's, the exhaust, but also a set of plasma coils and a custom 18 psi boost map from AA according to that copy and paste from his own words.
That's not "small" modifications.

Bimmer's car is probably making 50-60 more hp than Gators.

I don't know exactly what your point was with your comments in this post.????
Bimmermans54 car is said to be making 415 lb-ft. RWTQ!!!!!! I'm sure with my PROcede v2 set at the default TQ Curve, I'm probably ~ 380-390 lb.-ft. RWTQ (haven't dyno'd though so I'm not sure).

10-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #107
bmwzimmer
Major

Quote:
Wow, thank you SFLGATOR, I appreciate that, you are a gentlemen. I would love to race you again, so next time your up here call me!
If you can take out the 450 whp supercharged E46 M3, I don't think the heat soak thing is going to matter. Your car is a freak....
      10-30-2007, 08:13 PM   #108
nico335

Drives:

i think bimmerman had a passenger too. otherwise who was holding the camera?

10-30-2007, 08:13 PM   #109
bimmermans54
Second Lieutenant

Revah2, your another one. Why live so close to AA and go JB2? Makes no sense, what do you drive? What color and where in boca,because I live in Boca...
      10-30-2007, 08:13 PM   #110
revah2
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwzimmer View Post
If you can take out the 450 whp supercharged E46 M3, I don't think the heat soak thing is going to matter. Your car is a freak....
+1