E90Post
 


jb4store
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Well, I AM getting the Dinan flash.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-24-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
ybbiz34
Moderator
170

 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA


Posts: 4,686
iTrader: (1)

Well, I AM getting the Dinan flash.

I said I'd never do it, because of the price. I changed my mind, bought the Dinan oil cooler, changed my mind again and sold the oil cooler.

Then, I bought another Dinan oil cooler, and scheduled the installation. Will be getting the Dinan flash as well, obviously.

I'll post the review/results of the flash + impressions of the high capacity (cost $$ ) oil cooler after the holiday. Probably will look into getting a dyno done as well. I have a step. sedan, with no sport package.

I've flip-flopped worse than a politican on this one guys. But this is my final decision LOL.

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
164

 
jpsimon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 STi
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT


Posts: 9,015
iTrader: (5)

get a before/after dyno so we have a delta to look at. not just the after numbers
__________________
2015 STi / 335xi (solid)
www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive data log viewing

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
BoostedBMW
Moderator
United_States
82

 
BoostedBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC


Posts: 6,787
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
That is an expensive ass oil cooler to have to buy twice. Keep us posted on how you like the flash.
__________________
-Michael.
Berlina Black S2000 CR is now in the garage

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
orosie
Heycarl...
3

 
Drives: 2008 e92 6mt.....
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pleasanton, CA


Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Get the flash.....do you have a stock oil cooler? If so....let us know the benefits of the Dinan over stock Oil Cooler.

Cheers...

-S
__________________
08 e92 coupe/6mt/Dinan Stage 2

Previous:
05 Audi S4/Milltek/Hyperflow
01 Audi S4/GIAC-X/Neuspeed G2
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 02:09 PM   #5
san~man
Tired
43

 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA


Posts: 2,617
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
That is an expensive ass oil cooler to have to buy twice. Keep us posted on how you like the flash.
Ya, especially since he took a bath after selling the first one

Good luck on the tune.
__________________
BMW-less
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #6
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
81

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ......


Posts: 6,608
iTrader: (4)

Keep us updated....
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
T Bone
Brigadier General
140

 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals


Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
I said I'd never do it, because of the price. I changed my mind, bought the Dinan oil cooler, changed my mind again and sold the oil cooler.

Then, I bought another Dinan oil cooler, and scheduled the installation. Will be getting the Dinan flash as well, obviously.

I'll post the review/results of the flash + impressions of the high capacity (cost $$ ) oil cooler after the holiday. Probably will look into getting a dyno done as well. I have a step. sedan, with no sport package.

I've flip-flopped worse than a politican on this one guys. But this is my final decision LOL.


Stock brokers and psychologists must love you John Kerry.

BTW, keep us posted. I am a little tired going through Orb's metaphysical debates on dynos.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #8
jimbethesda
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3

 
Drives: M3 (E90)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin


Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

I'm guessing you don't have the stock oil cooler? If not, did you not get the sport package? If not, I hope you upgraded your wheels and tires. I have trouble putting down the stock power with the tires that came with my sport package. I can't imagine tryting to put down the Dinan tune power in the tires that come without the sport package.
__________________
2008 E90 M3
2015 M3 (ED on May 26th, 2015)
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #9
phrozen06
NA V8
26

 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 330ci, 08 M3 DCT, 08 VW R32
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 3927'33"N 7758'04"W W. Virgina, Kansas


Posts: 1,546
iTrader: (2)

More dinan converts daily on this board. Good stuff.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #10
Kelvin1000
Major
United_States
29

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i Space Gray
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 1,190
iTrader: (4)

Why not try to get BMW to retrofit their oil cooler.

Or if you can't get them to do it then install the BMW cooler which should be a lot less?

Either way, good luck with the tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 03:11 PM   #11
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
47

 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country


Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Stock brokers and psychologists must love you John Kerry.

BTW, keep us posted. I am a little tired going through Orb's metaphysical debates on dynos.
Orb needs to move to T-dot, that'll get him all wound up
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #12
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
26

 
purplewidow's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago


Posts: 1,928
iTrader: (2)

omg if i see someone ask for another dyno i am gonna!!!

we have some dyno's but people are going nuts...does everyone want 50 dyno's of the same damn tune? holy shiz

if he gets it done great but damn everyone obsessing getting a dyno done with this tune is nuts if that is all they are looking at...this tune is so much more than power...everything is so much more refined..from throttle response to smoothing out the acceleration to every mode with the step feels a million times better with less jerkiness...and even if you had more power it would just go up in smoke and still would if you had an lsd just probably 50% less!! i cannot tell you how many compliments i have gotten from friends and how they cannot belive how much smoother and how much better the car sounds now!!! this tune did wonders for my car!!!! dinan all the way!!! and yes i would love to see dyno's i just hate it when that''s all people care about!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #13
forza1976
Brigadier General
United_States
58

 
forza1976's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 A6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Denver CO


Posts: 4,542
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2014 Audi A6  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
omg if i see someone ask for another dyno i am gonna!!!

we have some dyno's but people are going nuts...does everyone want 50 dyno's of the same damn tune? holy shiz

if he gets it done great but damn everyone obsessing getting a dyno done with this tune is nuts if that is all they are looking at...this tune is so much more than power...everything is so much more refined..from throttle response to smoothing out the acceleration to every mode with the step feels a million times better with less jerkiness...and even if you had more power it would just go up in smoke and still would if you had an lsd just probably 50% less!! i cannot tell you how many compliments i have gotten from friends and how they cannot belive how much smoother and how much better the car sounds now!!! this tune did wonders for my car!!!! dinan all the way!!! and yes i would love to see dyno's i just hate it when that''s all people care about!!!
The more data the better!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #14
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
81

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ......


Posts: 6,608
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
omg if i see someone ask for another dyno i am gonna!!!


and yes i would love to see dyno
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 04:02 PM   #15
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
85

 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: Green Bastard
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend


Posts: 3,554
iTrader: (3)

You will enjoy the flash.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 04:54 PM   #16
Driver72
Brigadier General
107

 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California


Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
That is an expensive ass oil cooler to have to buy twice. Keep us posted on how you like the flash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Ya, especially since he took a bath after selling the first one

Yeah, and just think of the bath he's going to take when he tries to sell the car or trade it in too. WOW!

Good luck with it, hope you plan on keeping your 335i for many years with that Dinan flash, and $300 oil cooler they are charging you $2K for.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 05:11 PM   #17
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
21

 
Drives: 335i|E92
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lost


Posts: 1,685
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
you must be a woman..
sounds like something my wife would do
GL w/ the tune...

MXmass
__________________
Life is Good
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 05:16 PM   #18
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
85

 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: Green Bastard
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend


Posts: 3,554
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Yeah, and just think of the bath he's going to take when he tries to sell the car or trade it in too. WOW!

Good luck with it, hope you plan on keeping your 335i for many years with that Dinan flash, and $300 oil cooler they are charging you $2K for.
Are you his accountant? Seriously, why all the hate on here? People here need to relax and have a Happy Holidays!
__________________

Last edited by Bubbles; 12-24-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 05:31 PM   #19
ybbiz34
Moderator
170

 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA


Posts: 4,686
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Yeah, and just think of the bath he's going to take when he tries to sell the car or trade it in too. WOW!

Good luck with it, hope you plan on keeping your 335i for many years with that Dinan flash, and $300 oil cooler they are charging you $2K for.
I don't know what the motivation is behind your puerile outburst...have I kicked you in the nuts before, or something? Also, since you are so concerned with my decision making, I plan on turning the car in when the lease is up. Does that bother you? Do I have your permission?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #20
ybbiz34
Moderator
170

 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA


Posts: 4,686
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyg View Post
Are you his accountant? Seriously, why all the hate on here? Not you specifically, people need to relax. Happy Holidays Everyone!
+ 1

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #21
ybbiz34
Moderator
170

 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA


Posts: 4,686
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmramos44 View Post
you must be a woman..
sounds like something my wife would do
GL w/ the tune...

MXmass
Haha tell me about it. Thanks man! Merry Christmas to you as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #22
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
241


 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York


Posts: 18,286
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Your such a DINAN whore!!!!!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST