E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Just came up behind a GT3



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-31-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Just came up behind a GT3

Nice mate

in black with black wheels, now i aint a fan of pork pies, but this looked the
B O L L O X

very much so


bombed up to his bumper, gave a flash and he then as we left a 30 nailed it, (as i did too) sounded like it anyhow, sounded awesome, didnt really pull away that much maybe a car lenth or 2, then came to a bend and he promptly SHAT it

Evil is right then, they obviously dont inspire much confidence in there drivers!!


Carlos
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
NFS
Major General
NFS's Avatar
United Kingdom
112
Rep
9,216
Posts

 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Nice mate

in black with black wheels, now i aint a fan of pork pies, but this looked the
B O L L O X

very much so


bombed up to his bumper, gave a flash and he then as we left a 30 nailed it, (as i did too) sounded like it anyhow, sounded awesome, didnt really pull away that much maybe a car lenth or 2, then came to a bend and he promptly SHAT it

Evil is right then, they obviously dont inspire much confidence in there drivers!!


Carlos
I briefly drove a race prepped 911 turbo at bedford. I span it 3 times.

Snappy things, but very cool.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
Evil Diesel
Captain
Evil Diesel's Avatar
United Kingdom
11
Rep
803
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
I briefly drove a race prepped 911 turbo at bedford. I span it 3 times.

Snappy things, but very cool.
Me too - I remember at one bend the track being littered with 3 spun 911's. Quickly followed by mine as I had to weave through the static cars on the exit!

When cornering in them you have to wait, wait, wait some more, wait again then, when all wheels are perfectly straight - nail it!

The Clios were much more fun.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Diesel View Post
Me too - I remember at one bend the track being littered with 3 spun 911's. Quickly followed by mine as I had to weave through the static cars on the exit!

When cornering in them you have to wait, wait, wait some more, wait again then, when all wheels are perfectly straight - nail it!

The Clios were much more fun.
no good really then
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
E92Fan
Moderator
E92Fan's Avatar
United Kingdom
102
Rep
5,492
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

All depends on how you drive a 911... first time I drove a GT3 round the 'Ring, I spun it going into a sharp right hander called Bergwerk.. ended up backwards almost at the armco. The owner was a bit flustered I have to say! But I figured out how to drive it, and if you really do adopt the slow-in/fast-out cornering technique, it's so god damn fast out of turns. Great fun and would definitely have one...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 11:41 AM   #6
ChrisMWard
Captain
United Kingdom
9
Rep
686
Posts

 
Drives: E93 320d M Sport, E81 116d SE
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Epsom UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 120d SE  [0.00]
2007 335d A M Sport  [0.00]
1998 M3 Evo  [0.00]
2002 330d Sport  [0.00]
2004 330d Sport  [0.00]
I remember at one event at Brands, two Porkers came over from Finland. They both had around 900BHP and one was sitting on four axle stands in the paddock having the nads reved off it in gear to warm up the 4wd transmission. You could feel the exhaust from around 30 foot away and the noise was deafening. It was amazing it didn't fall off the stands as it was shaking around so much every time the mechanic booted it.

Regards

Chris
__________________
Previously: 2007 335D MSport E90 Le Mans Blue, 2004 330D A Sport Silver Grey, 2002 330D A Sport Saphire Black, 2001 320D SE Touring Titanium Silver, 1998 M3 Evo Techno Violet, 1996 328i Sport Montreal Blue, 1994 325i Coupe Red, 1989 325i Sport 2 door Dolphin Grey,1986 325i SE 4 door Lachs
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 11:45 AM   #7
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMWard View Post
I remember at one event at Brands, two Porkers came over from Finland. They both had around 900BHP and one was sitting on four axle stands in the paddock having the nads reved off it in gear to warm up the 4wd transmission. You could feel the exhaust from around 30 foot away and the noise was deafening. It was amazing it didn't fall off the stands as it was shaking around so much every time the mechanic booted it.

Regards

Chris
i did a similar, and very dangerous thing at college when i was 17! i was in my friends fiesta 1.1, he raised me up on the 4 poster ramp and the floor of the car must have been well over 6foot off the ground as my friend could stand underneath, i stupidly, but was funny at the time started the car up and accelerated thru the gears to about 30mph and the car was rocking like a bastid 6 foot up in the air, was pretty scary.. thank fuck it didnt fall off


Carlos
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 01:26 PM   #8
Bumps
Captain
Bumps's Avatar
United Kingdom
10
Rep
859
Posts

 
Drives: E92 320i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hampshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'd have a 911 in a second. C4S as a daily driver or GT3 as a weekend nutter.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 04:08 PM   #9
330cdsport
Right Responsible
330cdsport's Avatar
United Kingdom
29
Rep
1,640
Posts

 
Drives: AW F21 M135i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N. Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I think I would prefer the standard Carerra S to the 4S. I drove a CS recently and it felt much more fun than the C4S I had driven in the past.

They are both fabulous cars though, and I would kick neither out of the garage for farting
__________________
Last: 330cd Sport - Silver Grey, 335d M Sport Coupe, F10 535d M Sport.
Current: AW F21 M135i, Coral Red, Pro Nav, Vis, HK, & Clunky Adaptive Suspension
Current: X5 XDrive 35d M Sport - Black Sapphire, lots of toys.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 04:50 PM   #10
Nohedes
Private First Class
3
Rep
102
Posts

 
Drives: E92 330d M-Sport (2008)
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Nice one Carlos!

However, I've got a feeling that if he was a half decent driver and was up for it just a little bit, you wouldn't have known which way he'd gone!

Let's not get carried away - 997 GT3 v E92 =
__________________
330d M-Sport Coupe (E92 - Le Mans Blue - 19" Wheels 225M - Brushed Aluminium - Blue Shadow Cloth/Alcantara - Folding/Dimming Door Mirrors - Storage Package - Grey Tinted Shadeband - Floor Mats!)
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 04:51 PM   #11
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Real Thing's Avatar
6
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: Audi TT-RS Plus + A45 AMG
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leicestershire

iTrader: (0)

Should be able to supply 1st hand experience soon just been told my 911 TT will be available from 19th November so think knowing it's sitting at the dealership I wont be able to wait until the New Year for a 08 (57) Reg So probably going to take delivery in just over 3 Weeks (Countdowns begun)
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 05:27 PM   #12
Steve A
Brigadier General
Steve A's Avatar
United Kingdom
42
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: too much
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Thing View Post
Should be able to supply 1st hand experience soon just been told my 911 TT will be available from 19th November so think knowing it's sitting at the dealership I wont be able to wait until the New Year for a 08 (57) Reg So probably going to take delivery in just over 3 Weeks (Countdowns begun)

Chris you;ll love it. my pals just sold his 07plate. It was SOOOO fast and grippy, its one of the few cars in which when i was a passenger i actually thought it was simply too fast.....its just nuts i really did feel faint, and going around corners mega.

Cant wait to see the pics.


Steve.
__________________
C350 cdi sport estate facelift 457lbft
130i M SportMercedes C350 CDI Sport Estate AutoMini Cooper Auto.Mercedes E250 CGI,Lexus IS-F,R36, RS4 Saloon,ML 420 CDI SPORT,M6, 335d, C55, C32, M3, M5, S3, ALL SOLD but fondly remembered
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 06:06 PM   #13
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Real Thing's Avatar
6
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: Audi TT-RS Plus + A45 AMG
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leicestershire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
Chris you;ll love it. my pals just sold his 07plate. It was SOOOO fast and grippy, its one of the few cars in which when i was a passenger i actually thought it was simply too fast.....its just nuts i really did feel faint, and going around corners mega.

Cant wait to see the pics.


Steve.

Reading that Steve it makes me sure I知 doing the right thing by Taking Delivery ASAP Could be a while before I get round to pictures thou as I think I値l be out enjoying it so much (I値l have to try and remember to take some when I pick it up) Only 2 weeks 6 Days and 12 hrs to go
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 06:13 PM   #14
Gibbo
Colonel
Gibbo's Avatar
42
Rep
2,292
Posts

 
Drives: Golf Ed35
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South East

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Thing View Post
Reading that Steve it makes me sure I知 doing the right thing by Taking Delivery ASAP Could be a while before I get round to pictures thou as I think I値l be out enjoying it so much (I値l have to try and remember to take some when I pick it up) Only 2 weeks 6 Days and 12 hrs to go
Awsome car my dealer kindly let me test drive one last yr when I picked up my Boxster. It's the only car that I have ever driven that I don't think my brain could keep up. (The hyperspace scene from Star Wars from memory). The level of abilility was staggering.

Then when I went home and I looked on the web I saw it did 0 - 125 in about 12 seconds. Then looked at the Veyron 0 -125 in about 7 seconds.

I feel a 911 Turbo could be a real licence looser, but what a way to go!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST