E90Post

Mtrack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > RPM jerking at cruising speed

12-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
SINasTER
Private First Class

Drives: 335xi 2008 E90

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
RPM jerking at cruising speed

Hello everyone,

I have a 335xi E90 2008 with a JB4 G5 and the TCU Alpina B3 flash done. I have noticed in the last couple weeks that at cruising speeds (cruise control or human input), I am having a small jerking in the RPM.

When climbing a hill, you can even feel it as the car will tend to jerk between maintaining speed uphill and losing just a few RPMs.

Could it be a problem with the JB4 or the B3 flash?? Could it be my tranny acting up before going NATO on me??

Maybe Im just complaining but that car always run sooo smooth that I cant just not notice and it kinda of gets on my nerves...

Any help and/or input/suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks and happy holidays

Logic dictates to dump her, move on, find another trophy for the passenger seat 'cause finding another perfect car is near impossible !!
SINasTER is offline   Canada
      12-30-2013, 12:52 AM   #2
SaviorXi
Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 335i xDrive coupe

Check/replace spark plugs, Coil Packs, and Vanos Solenoid. Lastly Carbon buildup may need to be removed. This problem will continue to progress until you start going into limp mode. Its pretty common and costs a couple hundred bucks to remedy.

You sir are welcome.
SaviorXi is offline   United_States
      01-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #3
SINasTER
Private First Class

Drives: 335xi 2008 E90

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorXi
Check/replace spark plugs, Coil Packs, and Vanos Solenoid. Lastly Carbon buildup may need to be removed. This problem will continue to progress until you start going into limp mode. Its pretty common and costs a couple hundred bucks to remedy.

You sir are welcome.
Plugs and coil packs have about 5k km on them, I dont think that's the problem but will check them...

Removing carbon buildup... How to DIY and if I have to go to the dealer, I think it's gonna cost more the. A couple hundred.

Thanks for the help

Logic dictates to dump her, move on, find another trophy for the passenger seat 'cause finding another perfect car is near impossible !!
SINasTER is offline   Canada