E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > which is the best for me?

11-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
335ie90socal
Private First Class

Drives: 07335i e90

which is the best for me?

I'm thinking of getting the KW kit for my 335i e90, but the problem is I don't know which variant to get. I don't go to the track so its just purely for road use. I have the sport suspension and I still want to lower my car a little bit more. Should I just get H&R sport springs or go with KW's (if so which variant should I get)? Thanks for the help!!
335ie90socal is offline   United_States
      11-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
Fraggy
Brigadier General

Drives: 2007 e90

V2 should be good for you. You can adjust height and rebound (stiffness).
      11-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #3
Ray

Drives: three series

The ST Suspension coilover, which is made by KW and comperable to the V1, is a excellent option for a daily driven car.
      11-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
BMW E90
Major General

Drives: E90 335i

If you're looking to replace the springs, you should also look into replacing the shocks as well. You can run H&R springs on stock shocks for a while but eventually they will wear out and you'd have to buy new shocks and spend $ on another installation. I would just get everything done correctly the first time around.
Also, you cant go wrong with any of the KWs. Depending on your budget and what you're looking for, shocks/springs combos will work just fine in place of coilovers.

Last edited by BMW E90; 11-01-2007 at 04:48 PM.
BMW E90 is offline   United_States
      11-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #5
Ray

Drives: three series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny@JleviSW View Post
If you're looking to replace the springs, you should also look into replacing the shocks as well. You can run H&R springs on stock shocks for a while but eventually they will wear out and you'd have to buy new shocks and spend $ on another installation. I would just get everything done correctly the first time around.
Also, you cant go wrong with any of the KWs. Depending on your budget and what you're looking for, shocks/springs combos will work just fine in place of coilovers.
      11-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #6
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [4.75]
2006 e90 330i  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
The ST Suspension coilover, which is made by KW and comperable to the V1, is a excellent option for a daily driven car.
+1
      11-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #7
black36
Back Again

Drives: E90

Really cant go wrong with KW i think.

IMO
if you are just driving work daily - V1
if you want to control ride - V2
if you are a "RACER" - V3
      11-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #8
midlife
ocasionally in crisis

Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny@JleviSW View Post
... you cant go wrong with any of the KWs. Depending on your budget and what you're looking for, shocks/springs combos will work just fine in place of coilovers.
suspension modification suggestions needed for my particular needs/situation.

i have STOCK suspension (my ecuador dealer told me because of the occassional sh*tty roads here lowering my car 15mm with sports suspension is a no no, so i ordered my car with STOCK suspension).

unfortunately, i have my new 335 CABRIO, but the suspension is too floaty for me. i do not track my car very much but drive my 335 daily driver aggressively.

I WANT AN UPGRADE, but want the ability /flexibily to keep my stock suspension height or maybe lower it a bit (but probably less than the full 15mm sport suspension height)).

please recommend either a good shock and spring combo that would give me the flexibility to stay at stock suspension (not sport) height or slightly lower. coilovers for me may be an overkill. in performance suspension terms the ultimate height i choose may be quite high compared to guys wanting to drop thier cars.

i was thinking the billstien adjustable shocks but was told that even thier highest height setting would drop my stock suspensin quite low.

for sways, i do not want the hassel of possible occassional inncorect part problems (like UCC and HR sways), so i would probably go with the M front and rear sways.

i look forward to your suggestions and good prices.
thanks

94 M3 retired
81 911 Carerra retired