E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Is my OpenFlash Tablet married yet?

01-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #1
Fedorov
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Drives: e92 335 Saphire Black

Is my OpenFlash Tablet married yet?

I went through the initial read sequence of about an hour but I haven't yet flashed a modified ROM to my DME.

On the procedetuning homepage it says:
Can I flash multiple cars wither the same device?
No. Each OpenFlash Tablet can only flash the DME of one car at a time. However, it can be “unmarried” from the car by flashing the original ROM file into the DME and erasing the device contents. At which time, the device can be installed on a second car

What do you think? Maybe all I need to do is erase the device contents..if even that?

/ T

COBB V3 : VRSF 7" FMIC : aFe STG2 Cold Air Intake : BMW Performance Style 313 : Aero Lip : Blacked out grills, wheels and window trim.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #2
F-16 CHIEF
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
It's my understanding that just reading doesn't marry it to your car. It only made a copy of your stock mapping is what I thought.
      01-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
lol slow
2BRK4M3
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Autotragic

if it read your stock map and saved it, then it is married.

You'd have to choose the option to erase it and remove all info on it to un-marry it. Just be sure it didn't like remove your stock map and your stuck with a bricked DME.
      01-17-2014, 04:19 AM   #4
Fedorov
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Drives: e92 335 Saphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol slow View Post
if it read your stock map and saved it, then it is married.

You'd have to choose the option to erase it and remove all info on it to un-marry it. Just be sure it didn't like remove your stock map and your stuck with a bricked DME.
Thanks, I'll look into this erase option.

Truth is that when I got it it didn't support my dme-version and after having waited for three months with still no support for it I got a COBB and really like it. I will now try to sell my OFT just need to make sure that it's unmarried and cleaned.

COBB V3 : VRSF 7" FMIC : aFe STG2 Cold Air Intake : BMW Performance Style 313 : Aero Lip : Blacked out grills, wheels and window trim.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
lol slow
2BRK4M3
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Autotragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
Thanks, I'll look into this erase option.

Truth is that when I got it it didn't support my dme-version and after having waited for three months with still no support for it I got a COBB and really like it. I will now try to sell my OFT just need to make sure that it's unmarried and cleaned.
I feel your pain my friend. I had the OFT for about a month, I got tired of waiting and being delayed on an E85 map, so I ended up trading my OFT for a JB4-G5, couldn't be happier!

Cobb is pretty legit too, specially for a pro-tune! Goodluck!