E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > What we BROKE Today: 400WHP!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-06-2007, 11:36 PM   #221
zenmaster
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: '13 AH3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 1,612
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E(M# View Post
im sure they will last to a certain degree but trying to imply that these turbos will have a life anywhere near what they would normally have is ludicrous.
Not sure who was implying this. Any mechanical part that gets more stress will break sooner than it would under less stressful conditions. Kind of obvious and useless to point out. What we want to know are things like what how the same or similar part(s) performed in the past under certain conditions.
zenmaster is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2007, 11:42 PM   #222
Dannys M3
Captain
 
Dannys M3's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Grey E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 697
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by *****ed335BMW View Post
Im not searching for the thread they posted it in vaguely..........PM them, they will gladly tell you, ask them questions about the limits they believe the turbos have on the 335i................they are pretty helpful, or go to ICSPERFORMANCE.com and get their phone number and talk to brian...........they I THINK are trying to create a FLASH for this car, that can be a CUSTOM TUNE, because the guy they are working with in Europe breaks all of the BMW ECU's..............talk to the professionals, obviously Vishnu is not available
Now you are vague? Either it was posted or not I do not need to call anyone I have read the majority of posts here. If such an event had happened and was posted here everyone would have been on it like flys on shit.
Dannys M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #223
E(@M#
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 94' corolla
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: FL

Posts: 207
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Not sure who was implying this. Any mechanical part that gets more stress will break sooner than it would under less stressful conditions. Kind of obvious and useless to point out. What we want to know are things like what how the same or similar part(s) performed in the past under certain conditions.
a moot point that many people are overlooking....400whp and 400wtq...with no other sig. upgrades..60-70k miles=..


dont take me wrong...this is one hell of a car...but, 470hp crank? and 470tq? those numbers are stoopid
E(@M# is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2007, 11:51 PM   #224
B00sted335BMW
Banned
 
Drives: Boosted
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannys 335i View Post
Now you are vague? Either it was posted or not I do not need to call anyone I have read the majority of posts here. If such an event had happened and was posted here everyone would have been on it like flys on shit.

HE MENTIONED IT IN A POST............im not ur secretary and need go find it for you, if you want PRIVATE MESSAGE (PM) him like i said............
B00sted335BMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2007, 11:53 PM   #225
Sniz
Lieutenant General
 
Sniz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Posts: 10,569
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****ed335BMW View Post
Im not searching for the thread they posted it in vaguely..........PM them, they will gladly tell you, ask them questions about the limits they believe the turbos have on the 335i................they are pretty helpful, or go to ICSPERFORMANCE.com and get their phone number and talk to brian...........they I THINK are trying to create a FLASH for this car, that can be a CUSTOM TUNE, because the guy they are working with in Europe breaks all of the BMW ECU's..............talk to the professionals, obviously Vishnu is not available
interesting...I dont see anyone from ICS or AA coming on here and spilling information.
__________________
Sniz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2007, 11:54 PM   #226
B00sted335BMW
Banned
 
Drives: Boosted
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
interesting...I dont see anyone from ICS or AA coming on here and spilling information.

Never said they would spill information did i ??
B00sted335BMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:08 AM   #227
Ryan(e92)
Captain
 
Drives: SG M6 coupe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport Beach

Posts: 704
iTrader: (6)

bimmermans54 said something to the effect of AA blowing a turbo trying to boost 18 lbs.
Ryan(e92) is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:09 AM   #228
Dannys M3
Captain
 
Dannys M3's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Grey E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 697
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
interesting...I dont see anyone from ICS or AA coming on here and spilling information.
What I see is another RUMOR SPREADER.
Dannys M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:11 AM   #229
B00sted335BMW
Banned
 
Drives: Boosted
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

ITS NOT A RUMOR, AA BLEW A TURBO IN THEIR R&D, CALL THEM YOURSELVES, there is a good possibility Vishnu will blow one also within the next year too..........if he hasn't already and never said anything
B00sted335BMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:26 AM   #230
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
 
stillclaimndp's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Walnut Creek, Ca

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to stillclaimndp
Quote:
Originally Posted by *****ed335BMW View Post
ITS NOT A RUMOR, AA BLEW A TURBO IN THEIR R&D, CALL THEM YOURSELVES, there is a good possibility Vishnu will blow one also within the next year too..........if he hasn't already and never said anything
I'm friends with him and live a few miles from him, I haven't seen his car out of commission or heard anything of that nature, he doesn't run 18psi to get these numbers either i don't believe... more like 16 I think? I see them driving this car around all the time, it has like 25k miles on it :P
__________________
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
stillclaimndp is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:27 AM   #231
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

Posts: 17,616
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****ed335BMW View Post
ITS NOT A RUMOR, AA BLEW A TURBO IN THEIR R&D, CALL THEM YOURSELVES, there is a good possibility Vishnu will blow one also within the next year too..........if he hasn't already and never said anything
We have not blown any turbos. Nor do we expect to anytime soon. But if we do, we'll let you guys know

shiv
shiv@vishnu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #232
B00sted335BMW
Banned
 
Drives: Boosted
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
We have not blown any turbos. Nor do we expect to anytime soon. But if we do, we'll let you guys know

shiv
so can you put out some better numbers about what u were running to get this power out put, Boost numbers, compression ratios and what not???????????????

Also I'll guess you blow a turbo within a year, if you run 400+whp day in and day out which im assuming ur not since you probably aren't runniing 100 octane everytime...............
B00sted335BMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:32 AM   #233
normtrum
Colonel
 
normtrum's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PNW

Posts: 2,227
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****ed335BMW View Post
Why does everyone say blow an engine, THE TURBOS will go before the engine goes. I wouldn't doubt the possibility of Vishnu blowing a turbo, especially with AA in their R&D having blown one............

I guess everyone includes you.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=25
__________________
07 335i sedan | Steptronic | Black saphire | Terra | ZPP | ZSP | Cold Weather | CA | PDC | Nav | OEM Alarm
normtrum is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:32 AM   #234
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by *****ed335BMW View Post
so can you put out some better numbers about what u were running to get this power out put, Boost numbers, compression ratios and what not???????????????

Also I'll guess you blow a turbo within a year, if you run 400+whp day in and day out which im assuming ur not since you probably aren't runniing 100 octane everytime...............
Really??????????????
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #235
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
 
stillclaimndp's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Walnut Creek, Ca

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to stillclaimndp
Quote:
Originally Posted by *****ed335BMW View Post
so can you put out some better numbers about what u were running to get this power out put, Boost numbers, compression ratios and what not???????????????

Also I'll guess you blow a turbo within a year, if you run 400+whp day in and day out which im assuming ur not since you probably aren't runniing 100 octane everytime...............
Why don't you enlighten us as to what will cause the turbo to blow since you are so insistent that it will occur...? Have you ever thought that the difference may be that AA doesn't have nearly as much turbo tuning experience? *crickets*
__________________
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
stillclaimndp is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #236
B00sted335BMW
Banned
 
Drives: Boosted
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Power shifting is a complete different topic, compared to the gradual tunning of an engine and things going wrong, the turbos will go bad before the engine when tunning, but with power shifting and seriously misshifting can lead to engine combustion........
B00sted335BMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:37 AM   #237
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
 
stillclaimndp's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Walnut Creek, Ca

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to stillclaimndp
Quote:
Originally Posted by *****ed335BMW View Post
Power shifting is a complete different topic, compared to the gradual tunning of an engine and things going wrong, the turbos will go bad before the engine when tunning, but with power shifting and seriously misshifting can lead to engine combustion........
rev limiters tend to stop engines from blowing while power shifting....
__________________
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
stillclaimndp is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:38 AM   #238
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillclaimndp View Post
Why don't you enlighten us as to what will cause the turbo to blow since you are so insistent that it will occur...? Have you ever thought that the difference may be that AA doesn't have nearly as much turbo tuning experience? *crickets*
I think that part where he asked what compression ratio they were running made is glaringly obvious he has no idea.
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:38 AM   #239
B00sted335BMW
Banned
 
Drives: Boosted
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillclaimndp View Post
Why don't you enlighten us as to what will cause the turbo to blow since you are so insistent that it will occur...? Have you ever thought that the difference may be that AA doesn't have nearly as much turbo tuning experience? *crickets*

Too much boost plain and simple, plus the wear and tear in the LONG
RUN (not 5 weeks of research and development at these levels)
B00sted335BMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:40 AM   #240
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by *****ed335BMW View Post
Too much boost plain and simple, plus the wear and tear in the LONG
RUN (not 5 weeks of research and development at these levels)
Really? It is as simple as too much boost? Because "boost" is completely subjective to engine load and RPMs, it is nowhere near as simple as "too much boost".
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:42 AM   #241
B00sted335BMW
Banned
 
Drives: Boosted
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
I think that part where he asked what compression ratio they were running made is glaringly obvious he has no idea.

I meant to say pressure ratios....
B00sted335BMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2007, 12:42 AM   #242
B00sted335BMW
Banned
 
Drives: Boosted
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Really? It is as simple as too much boost? Because "boost" is completely subjective to engine load and RPMs, it is nowhere near as simple as "too much boost".

I never said that was the only reason just said running too much boost can be a direct correlation of blowing the turbo.........
B00sted335BMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST