E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > OEM M3 mirrors installed - e92



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-06-2014, 05:06 AM   #1
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,987
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

OEM M3 mirrors installed - e92

After seeing a couple of recent threads on here with m3 mirrors, I decided to bite the bullet and buy some myself... These are NOT a cheap mod by any means!

Bought them last week and they come as alpine white and Matt black. My original mirrors are three ion, electric folding and reverse dipping, so the new m3 are to match..

I found the easiest way to replace the mirrors without taking off the door cards....

Anyways, rubbish pic but you get the idea

Also just a couple of self whoring pics... Super excited about the shows again this summer..



Attached Images
 
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 05:12 AM   #2
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
P 5UML's Avatar
United Kingdom
24
Rep
1,556
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E92 325D M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

a nice addition bro!

i hope your doing something different with the colour of them
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 05:30 AM   #3
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,987
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
a nice addition bro!

i hope your doing something different with the colour of them
Thanks bro.. Yeah I've got a few ideas bubbling away... Just don't want to be a hero with the colours otherwise it could end up looking kak lol.
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 05:32 AM   #4
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
52
Rep
3,833
Posts

 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

iTrader: (2)

I think they might look good but need more pics. I was always unsure if they worked on a non M without the big arches.

Definitely not cheap! Definitely an impulse buy on your behalf

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 05:43 AM   #5
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,987
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
I think they might look good but need more pics. I was always unsure if they worked on a non M without the big arches.

Definitely not cheap! Definitely an impulse buy on your behalf

Hahahahah A OWL!

Yeah certainly an impulse buy but, I am sure if I decide to sell them in due course there'll be a buyer on here... I am not planning to do an /M conversion but the fact it sits so aggressively is what makes them so appealing.... Not at all required and a lot of money for a cosmetic mod - much like the LCI lights, which also are a lot of money for essentially a cosmetic mod that isn't going to transform the car in major ways!

Rant over lol.

I'll get some more pics up when weather is better
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 06:42 AM   #6
Mikey B
Private First Class
Mikey B's Avatar
1
Rep
146
Posts

 
Drives: E92 325 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Blackpool

iTrader: (0)

That bay <3! Is that the performance spolier btw? Can't work out why it looks different on your car, never really seen a silver one with a black lip before though probably why, i like.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 07:12 AM   #7
gaza01
Colonel
gaza01's Avatar
United Kingdom
32
Rep
2,183
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London

iTrader: (3)

Looking good bro!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 07:22 AM   #8
Brian mc21
Captain
Brian mc21's Avatar
No_Country
10
Rep
917
Posts

 
Drives: E91 320d M Sport
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Belfast. Northern Ireland.

iTrader: (4)

Good work.
__________________
E92 330D LCI
Garage List
NSR 250 MC21, CBR 600RR 3
RVF400
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 09:11 AM   #9
AzRiz
First Lieutenant
AzRiz's Avatar
6
Rep
365
Posts

 
Drives: E92 330d LCI
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
LOL this is exactly what I was feeling
__________________


Progress Thread | Instagram: @azriz
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #10
AnthonyR
Captain
AnthonyR's Avatar
England
6
Rep
659
Posts

 
Drives: Audi A5 3.0 TDI Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London/Watford

iTrader: (0)

haha josh spot on!!!

nice addition sam, but i personally prefer the standard ones
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #11
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,987
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey B View Post
That bay <3! Is that the performance spolier btw? Can't work out why it looks different on your car, never really seen a silver one with a black lip before though probably why, i like.
Yeah its the performance spoiler, originally came in carbon but I had it done silver at the top facing half and, panther black at the back facing part..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Looking good bro!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian mc21 View Post
Good work.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
haha josh spot on!!!

nice addition sam, but i personally prefer the standard ones
Anthony, this was such an impulse buy that I'm now starting to think if I'm better off selling it off and using the dosh for other planned mods... it's on par with the LCI lights which I also purchased with impulse.

Not sure what to do Sell or Keep!
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #12
richk84
Lieutenant
England
6
Rep
585
Posts

 
Drives: e92 320d
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: All over

iTrader: (0)

Pre-Lci standard mirrors are great! The m3 ones do look nice but if they cost the same as a set of lci rear lights I dont think they have the same impact to warrant the price
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #13
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,987
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richk84 View Post
Pre-Lci standard mirrors are great! The m3 ones do look nice but if they cost the same as a set of lci rear lights I dont think they have the same impact to warrant the price
It's a really tough decision tbh. I was perfectly happy with the standard mirrors; never thought about replacing them and all of a sudden came across a pair on ebay and took the plunge.

They came used with some minor marks on the back covers, but I always planned on respraying them so that didn't bother me much...

Think I'm going to sell them as the funds will be needed elsewhere.. silly to think I could justify mirrors for that price!
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #14
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
52
Rep
3,833
Posts

 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Hahahahah A OWL!

Yeah certainly an impulse buy but, I am sure if I decide to sell them in due course there'll be a buyer on here... I am not planning to do an /M conversion but the fact it sits so aggressively is what makes them so appealing.... Not at all required and a lot of money for a cosmetic mod - much like the LCI lights, which also are a lot of money for essentially a cosmetic mod that isn't going to transform the car in major ways!

Rant over lol.

I'll get some more pics up when weather is better
A OWL!!!!

Phoneshop here i come!

Expensive mod like the LCI Lights ...Yes... But they completely facelift the rear of the car.

M3 mirrors do not... Saying that i would defintely want a set on my car, but the Pre LCI mirrors are actually perfect in my eyes. But i always have a few sets of m3 mirrors being watched on the eBay haha
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #15
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,987
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

Yeah pre LCI mirrors are so nice and sleek... Really suit the car and I've absolutely no problems with them lmao..... Arrgghhhh f**k you capitalism ... This greed and wants are what has ruined my wallet lolololol... LCIs are a total given I think they totally win...

Half of me says keep the damn mirrors, run them for the year and sell them after show season.... Other half says don't be so spoilt, it was and is still unnecessary for me personally....

Problem is having spent this much already it's hard to justify anything On a car I do not drive and which stays parked up. I haven't driven the car for coming upto two weeks Due to a recent job change!

So where does one stop, lol!
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #16
cage911
Lieutenant
cage911's Avatar
United Kingdom
6
Rep
426
Posts

 
Drives: e93 Msport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Very nice mod.

Cheeky question: Are you selling your original mirrors?
__________________
BMW E93 Sold but not forgotten.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #17
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
52
Rep
3,833
Posts

 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Yeah pre LCI mirrors are so nice and sleek... Really suit the car and I've absolutely no problems with them lmao..... Arrgghhhh f**k you capitalism ... This greed and wants are what has ruined my wallet lolololol... LCIs are a total given I think they totally win...

Half of me says keep the damn mirrors, run them for the year and sell them after show season.... Other half says don't be so spoilt, it was and is still unnecessary for me personally....

Problem is having spent this much already it's hard to justify anything On a car I do not drive and which stays parked up. I haven't driven the car for coming upto two weeks Due to a recent job change!

So where does one stop, lol!
I think you are right mate.

Keep them for the show season and sell after.

Keep them sprayed a gloss black and they should be easy to shift after...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #18
mob17
Brigadier General
mob17's Avatar
United Kingdom
79
Rep
3,811
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK

iTrader: (4)

Ah Sam...you need to lock your credit card away...and stop impulse buying!

The M3 mirrors are nice though and would suit your car.
__________________
2008 E92 335D SE - Ohlins
2010 E90 320D SE
1994 E36 318I SE
1996 E36 316I SE
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #19
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,987
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

Yeah Mo, I know!!!!! To think I still have the bonnet to be getting on with and the Audio haha. I think I'll keep them now I have them and just go from there!

Out of interest, does anyone know if the Pre LCI mirror covers fit these M3 ones?
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #20
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
AWBimmer's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,987
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cage911 View Post
Very nice mod.

Cheeky question: Are you selling your original mirrors?
Lolll... I haven't yet got that far but drop me a pm!
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #21
Greg330
Captain
Greg330's Avatar
12
Rep
836
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Coast

iTrader: (0)

Good work, already looks the nuts and they're not even painted! Glad you decided to spend more cash on it rather than sell it!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #22
AdamC
Captain
AdamC's Avatar
9
Rep
750
Posts

 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West Midlands - UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Sorry Sam, you know I love your car but just not feeling the M3 mirrors.
Maybe with them painted black like your others I will think differently??
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST