E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Off-Topic but a nice X5



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
 
335dFan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oregon (near Portland)

Posts: 1,072
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Off-Topic but a nice X5

http://www.europeancarweb.com/news/1...#ixzz2t84jkkwA

I'm guessing the mileage isn't so great though.
__________________
Mods-Etc: Quaife LSD w/VAC finned diff cover, M3 Rear SF Bushings, M3 sways & OEM Susp Front/Rear Cmpnt Kits ('cept strut brace), GC Caster/Camber Plates, AC Schnitzer M3 Sport Springs, JRZ RS1 dampers, JBD 100%, Goodrich SS brake lines, non-stggrd APEX ARC-8 18" wheels with Nitto Motivo tires (winter OEM 17" wheels and Blizzak LM-25).
335dFan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #2
Jffeijao
Private First Class
 
Jffeijao's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Luxembourg

Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dFan View Post
http://www.europeancarweb.com/news/1...#ixzz2t84jkkwA

I'm guessing the mileage isn't so great though.
It is a 5 series touring, not a X5.
Some nice upgrades but not my arena. Too much money for not a lot more and some visual features that I would hide
On the other hand all that power is for sure a blast of fun to drive....
__________________
_____________
2014 X5 30d M
2011 335d
2012 Grand Cherokee (sold!)
2003 MB SLK stick (garage queen)
Jffeijao is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
 
335dFan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oregon (near Portland)

Posts: 1,072
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jffeijao View Post
It is a 5 series touring, not a X5.
Some nice upgrades but not my arena. Too much money for not a lot more and some visual features that I would hide
On the other hand all that power is for sure a blast of fun to drive....
You're right. I was too quick on the trigger; I had an image in my mind of a lowered, chopped X5. An M5 Touring. How cool is that? Now to find US$ 330K. Oh wait, not available in the USA.
__________________
Mods-Etc: Quaife LSD w/VAC finned diff cover, M3 Rear SF Bushings, M3 sways & OEM Susp Front/Rear Cmpnt Kits ('cept strut brace), GC Caster/Camber Plates, AC Schnitzer M3 Sport Springs, JRZ RS1 dampers, JBD 100%, Goodrich SS brake lines, non-stggrd APEX ARC-8 18" wheels with Nitto Motivo tires (winter OEM 17" wheels and Blizzak LM-25).
335dFan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #4
FormerRotor
Major
 
FormerRotor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MD

Posts: 1,462
iTrader: (4)

I like it. I don't 330k like it, but I like it.

As odd as it sounds, I was seriously considering buying an m6 and setting it up with g-powers twin supercharger system when I bought the d. Pricing starting with a used car when all was said and done would've been about 80k, but the car would've been a monster. A friend encouraged me to look at the ESS options instead and i grew to love the thought of slapping this on a e90 m3, but in the end I opted for something a bit more practical . No regrets at all from this guy. 2 years and 60k miles later and I'm still very pleased with the decision.

One of my clients is eying the new vettes and he took a ride in the d today with the meth injection turned on. He says that every time he gets in my car it pisses him off how great it is.
__________________

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
FormerRotor is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2014, 08:22 PM   #5
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
 
335dFan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oregon (near Portland)

Posts: 1,072
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
I like it. I don't 330k like it, but I like it.

As odd as it sounds, I was seriously considering buying an m6 and setting it up with g-powers twin supercharger system when I bought the d. Pricing starting with a used car when all was said and done would've been about 80k, but the car would've been a monster. A friend encouraged me to look at the ESS options instead and i grew to love the thought of slapping this on a e90 m3, but in the end I opted for something a bit more practical . No regrets at all from this guy. 2 years and 60k miles later and I'm still very pleased with the decision.

One of my clients is eying the new vettes and he took a ride in the d today with the meth injection turned on. He says that every time he gets in my car it pisses him off how great it is.
There is nothing like it really, the 335d I mean. I wish winter would end so I could put the summers back on and whale on it some more. I do need to visit VAC again though; my suspension sounds like it has serious arthritis.
__________________
Mods-Etc: Quaife LSD w/VAC finned diff cover, M3 Rear SF Bushings, M3 sways & OEM Susp Front/Rear Cmpnt Kits ('cept strut brace), GC Caster/Camber Plates, AC Schnitzer M3 Sport Springs, JRZ RS1 dampers, JBD 100%, Goodrich SS brake lines, non-stggrd APEX ARC-8 18" wheels with Nitto Motivo tires (winter OEM 17" wheels and Blizzak LM-25).
335dFan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #6
FormerRotor
Major
 
FormerRotor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MD

Posts: 1,462
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dFan View Post
There is nothing like it really, the 335d I mean. I wish winter would end so I could put the summers back on and whale on it some more. I do need to visit VAC again though; my suspension sounds like it has serious arthritis.
I feel your car's pain I know that we didn't quite come off the assembly line in the same year, but my joints havent exactly felt delightful with all of this cold damp weather we've had this year. It can't be a very positive foreshadowing of things to come.

Maybe if all goes well with my work in Q1 (been a little crazy so far) I can join you on your trip to VAC for some modding of my own. *fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc*. Even without the modding, it'd still be a fun drive
__________________

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
FormerRotor is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST