E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Cruise control malfunction after coding

02-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
mfish123
Private First Class

Drives: 335

Cruise control malfunction after coding

I coded various things in the CAS, NFRM, KOMBI and 2JBBF using NCS Expert. The coding worked fine but now I have a cruise control malfunction error that shows on my idrive and the dash cluster. I'd have to imagine it was something I did as it showed up right after coding.

I'd really prefer not to process the whole car back to OEM and start from scratch if I don't have to.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure where to look.
Attached Images

Cobb V2
Custom PTF map based on Stage 1+ 4.02 standard throttle
      02-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
Jewber
Enlisted Member

Drives: 09 335xi

I had the same thing happen to me after someone on the forum coded my car. I never got it fixed so let me know if you find a solution.
      02-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #3
mfish123
Private First Class

Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewber View Post
I had the same thing happen to me after someone on the forum coded my car. I never got it fixed so let me know if you find a solution.
I did some more searching in the meantime and came accross this: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...NCSEXPER-error

This worked for me and no more cruise control malfunction! I'd show it to the guy that coded your car or try it yourself if you're setup for coding. Essentially you use the standard expert mode profile in NCS Expert to restore the default settings for the KOMBI module in your car. You lose whatever coding was done to that module but it should fix the cruise control error.

I must have had a typo or something in my MAN file or maybe if you have too many things edited in it pertaining to do multiple modules and write it to a single module that screws things up? Either way I then just edited my MAN file to enable the digital speedometer and wrote it the usual way to the KOMBI module with NCS Expert. The digital speedometer works and still no cruise control malfunction!
Cobb V2
Custom PTF map based on Stage 1+ 4.02 standard throttle

Last edited by mfish123; 02-23-2014 at 09:33 PM.
      03-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
DallasBMW2011

Drives: 2011 328xi

having the same issues. followed all the steps on that other post. upgraded everything to the latest version. "uncoded" in expertmode and then coded again only the "door gong" (CC_ZUENDSCHLUESSEL) and im still getting the cruise control error.

somebody please help.
      03-14-2014, 09:29 PM   #5
wildcatcrazy
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 335i M Sport

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBMW2011
having the same issues. followed all the steps on that other post. upgraded everything to the latest version. "uncoded" in expertmode and then coded again only the "door gong" (CC_ZUENDSCHLUESSEL) and im still getting the cruise control error.

somebody please help.
Should always backup man file when making changes... That way you can load that file if things go south. Also, change one thing at a time too so you can pinpoint what change caused the issue.
Mods: Vishnu Stage 0 DME Flash, AA charge pipe w/ BOV, Alpina B3 Flash, retrofit M3 cluster, smoke LED side markers, painted front reflectors, black kidney grills, LED AEs and all LED interior/rear lights, fully coded.
wildcatcrazy is offline   United_States
      03-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
DallasBMW2011

Drives: 2011 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatcrazy View Post
Should always backup man file when making changes... That way you can load that file if things go south. Also, change one thing at a time too so you can pinpoint what change caused the issue.
exactly what i did. and all i changed in that module was CC_ZUENDSCHLUESSEL. didnt touch anything else and i am still getting the cruise control malfunction error. no idea what is going on haha
      03-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
wildcatcrazy
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 335i M Sport

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
I have a friend in Plano TX that could help you out. If you're interested in making the trip down there, send me a PM and I will get you in contact with him.
Mods: Vishnu Stage 0 DME Flash, AA charge pipe w/ BOV, Alpina B3 Flash, retrofit M3 cluster, smoke LED side markers, painted front reflectors, black kidney grills, LED AEs and all LED interior/rear lights, fully coded.
wildcatcrazy is offline   United_States