E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Accident :(



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-22-2014, 12:46 AM   #23
AlpineSwift
Colonel
 
AlpineSwift's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Posts: 2,109
iTrader: (3)

Plan on at least $8000 in repairs. Thats what my accident in my 328 ran me. Got run off the road into a guard rail and smashed up my passenger side door and fenders. Because the rear fender is welded in under the paint, they had to pull the shell off and replace that which really jacked up the cost. Thank god for insurance. Glad you're ok and they caught the other asshat.
__________________
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP V2, ar design DP's, Race Cats in the mids, Stock cans, VRSF CP w/Tial BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS DCI, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Alpina TCU Flash, Turner Boost Gauge, Fully Coded.
Best 1/4mi: 13.201 @ 106.93 / 2.0 60' / DA=9300ft

Tanya: The Build Thread
AlpineSwift is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2014, 01:16 AM   #24
angryshortbloke
Running in the 90's
 
angryshortbloke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 AW E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Jersey

Posts: 137
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Hit and run, accessory to a hit and run, falsifying statements, lying to an officer, leaving the scene of an accident...those other two could get hemmed up real nice.

Sorry about the accident, man. Hope it all gets taken care of.
__________________

"Queen Anne's Revenge" - Flickr // Build
angryshortbloke is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #25
IBC
New Member
 
IBC's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW e90
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: AR

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDecals View Post
Damn, sounds so shady. Good luck OP
Everything was shady for me. First time in an accident and I hope its the last.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertBMW View Post
I ended up throwing away all of the doors from my E90 parts car, no one wanted to buy them, not even for $50 each.
My doors are not that bad well the back door has a few scratches.
Maybe I could sell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSwift View Post
Plan on at least $8000 in repairs. Thats what my accident in my 328 ran me. Got run off the road into a guard rail and smashed up my passenger side door and fenders. Because the rear fender is welded in under the paint, they had to pull the shell off and replace that which really jacked up the cost. Thank god for insurance. Glad you're ok and they caught the other asshat.
Yea man that was expensive.! I'm glad I have insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryshortbloke View Post
Hit and run, accessory to a hit and run, falsifying statements, lying to an officer, leaving the scene of an accident...those other two could get hemmed up real nice.

The only thing that I know they got, was a ticket for failing to yield.

Sorry about the accident, man. Hope it all gets taken care of.
Thanks man!
IBC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #26
gds52
Major
 
Drives: BMW 328i Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBC
Sorry for not explaing myself right. The guy that hit me. Stoped and he called the cops. Cops took a while. While we waited, some friend of the guy that hit me pulls up. He then gets off, the original driver gets in his friends car and leaves. The friend stays as if he was driving the car. Afterwards police tells me both might get arrested.
That driver might be drunk. Why did he leave. I think you should talk to a lawyer.
gds52 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2014, 03:31 AM   #27
sysu
New Member
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: CA,USA

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post
That driver might be drunk. Why did he leave. I think you should talk to a lawyer.
sysu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #28
DOMs335D
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 335is
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 655
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
I hope you got what you deserve out of this
DOMs335D is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #29
IBC
New Member
 
IBC's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW e90
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: AR

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post
That driver might be drunk. Why did he leave. I think you should talk to a lawyer.
If I talk to a lawyer maybe I'll make a huge deal out of it
Right now I just want my car fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysu View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMs335D View Post
I hope you got what you deserve out of this
I hope so man. As of right now I'm just waiting on the insurance to give me a call, so I could get my car fixed.
IBC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #30
John 070
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: 335i cpe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

Posts: 11,466
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otruba_843 View Post
. A little over a year ago some old drunk lady backed into my car.
Those 30 yo's should learn to be more careful
John 070 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #31
cnguyen84
Private
 
Drives: 2007 328i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: .

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

Good luck OP!

I learned something with this. Take pictures and video footage after the accident (if possible) to document the scene and to document the driver and his car.

I recently purchased a dash cam for $50 bucks. I hope to never use this but this will come in handy for a situation like this. I think you all should also consider a dash cam. Insurance companies, IMO, should give discounts for dash cams. BTW, no laws against recording audio and video in public places. Just FYI.
cnguyen84 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #32
grzes
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 bmw 335d LCI
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Canada

Posts: 426
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjam View Post
Was the guy under the influence by any chance? Maybe thats why he left the scene and had someone else in his place?
that is exactly what came to my mind, the guy run to cover up something and that should be your main point, I still believe he should have remained on the science till cops show up which he failed, then good chance for hit and run case. Get some legal advise, ask your insurance what can they advise you etc. Hope you have some pictures of where you have stopped and where the other car was, that always helps
grzes is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #33
IBC
New Member
 
IBC's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW e90
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: AR

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnguyen84 View Post
Good luck OP!

I learned something with this. Take pictures and video footage after the accident (if possible) to document the scene and to document the driver and his car.

I recently purchased a dash cam for $50 bucks. I hope to never use this but this will come in handy for a situation like this. I think you all should also consider a dash cam. Insurance companies, IMO, should give discounts for dash cams. BTW, no laws against recording audio and video in public places.

Just FYI.
I thought about the same thing man! Where did you purchase your dash cam?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by grzes View Post
that is exactly what came to my mind, the guy run to cover up something and that should be your main point, I still believe he should have remained on the science till cops show up which he failed, then good chance for hit and run case. Get some legal advise, ask your insurance what can they advise you etc. Hope you have some pictures of where you have stopped and where the other car was, that always helps
I agree with you. The funny thing is that the guy that ran from the scene. Told the owner of the car he borrowed and the insurance agent, that he had talked to me and there was no reason for me to file a claim. Because me and him had agreed that he would fix my car out of his pocket.
funny people.
IBC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2014, 06:51 AM   #34
vapore0n
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MA

Posts: 433
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBC View Post
I thought about the same thing man! Where did you purchase your dash cam?
Thanks



I agree with you. The funny thing is that the guy that ran from the scene. Told the owner of the car he borrowed and the insurance agent, that he had talked to me and there was no reason for me to file a claim. Because me and him had agreed that he would fix my car out of his pocket.
funny people.
So what have you done about this accident?
Did you contact your insurance? His insurance? Get police report?

If you got a police report stating the other driver is a fault, then take it to your insurance. They will fix your car and bill the other guy's insurance.

If you dont want to wait to get your car fixed, make a claim under your insurance. You will pay deductible, they will refund you once the accident's fault is determined.

IMO lawyer is only needed if the other guy didnt have insurance.
vapore0n is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-29-2014, 01:26 AM   #35
cnguyen84
Private
 
Drives: 2007 328i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: .

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBC View Post
I thought about the same thing man! Where did you purchase your dash cam?
I got the camera from an Amazon seller (link below). It comes from China in about 3 weeks. Costs $53 (Model G1W). This is the best for the money --- I've done a lot of research. There are lots of counterfeits but this seller has lots of good reviews. Personally, the one I got from this seller works perfectly and is not counterfeit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
cnguyen84 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2014, 09:24 PM   #36
IBC
New Member
 
IBC's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW e90
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: AR

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapore0n View Post
So what have you done about this accident?
Did you contact your insurance? His insurance? Get police report?

If you got a police report stating the other driver is a fault, then take it to your insurance. They will fix your car and bill the other guy's insurance.

If you dont want to wait to get your car fixed, make a claim under your insurance. You will pay deductible, they will refund you once the accident's fault is determined.

IMO lawyer is only needed if the other guy didnt have insurance.
I have filed a claim already(under the guys policy), today an insurance adjuster checked the damages on my car and now just waiting to get my car fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnguyen84 View Post
I got the camera from an Amazon seller (link below). It comes from China in about 3 weeks. Costs $53 (Model G1W). This is the best for the money --- I've done a lot of research. There are lots of counterfeits but this seller has lots of good reviews. Personally, the one I got from this seller works perfectly and is not counterfeit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks a lot!!
IBC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST