E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > WTB: 335i Manual

04-23-2014, 02:52 AM   #1
tobiasbeecher

Drives: 130i

WTB: 335i Manual

As title really, I am looking for a 335i in manual with < 60k miles (to qualify for the cheaper extended warranty). Upper limit of 15k, age and extras will determine price. Will travel for the right car, up to 200 miles from Reading.
Thanks.
      04-23-2014, 03:22 AM   #2
col2611
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E93 335i M-Sport

Good luck with your search. I was looking for over a year. They are so rare, especially as I wanted top spec. I ended up getting my head turned by an auto, graphite E93 with coral red. Got it for a touch over your budget from a main dealer 55k. So I need to keep the miles low in the first year for the ext warranty.
I would recommend keeping an eye on the AUC, I apparently caught mine before the service manager had seen the car and it had been priced incorrectly. Wasn't sure if this was a blag or not, but they were selling worse spec 335i's for more money.
Have you drove the auto and the manual?
      04-23-2014, 04:23 AM   #3
tobiasbeecher

I have driven both auto and manual and have totally ruled out the auto. I appreciate that it is a decent box, but its just not for me.

I have viewed 3 manual's now (2 dealer, 1 private) and the dealer examples were certainly not worth their asking price. The private listing was in a pretty dire state, despite being 2 years newer than my current beemer.

I don't think i'll be waiting too long; there are plenty for sale and i'm not too picky about spec. Just need to find an honest example!
      04-23-2014, 05:01 AM   #4
littlejohno
Enlisted Member

Drives: BMW 130I M Sport

I see you are leaving the 130 as well I'm too looking for a new car but a 335i / D saloon or estate.
What put's you off the auto I've only driven the auto in the 335d form
      04-23-2014, 05:41 AM   #5
tobiasbeecher

I'm just not ready for it. I can see that I will be driving an auto in a few years time for practicality, laziness and convenience, but for now I still enjoy changing gear. It feels like you are achieving more when driving, rather than passively letting the car do it for you.

Try the auto, you will probably like it, unless you are wanting a more involved driving experience. My 130i is manual and I love it to bits!
      04-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #6
joeyt
Banned

Drives: 335i

Seriously look on the usual sites. There seems to be loads of well specced manuals for sale.