E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vargas Turbos



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2014, 06:06 AM   #23
Bme30
Captain
Bme30's Avatar
14
Rep
850
Posts

 
Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 'Merika'

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
That's BS......both you and the shop have done a bad job of making things work! I would be just as pissed as the op! Please tell me why a turbo install job takes over a month??????
Yeah that's right 1 month in the shop for a Vargas turbo install!!!! Please don't try to only tell one part of this story and make the op look like he is totally at fault!
And another thing a catch can required for your turbos???? That is just plain ridiculous. Maybe it's to hide your oil leaking turbos!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 06:27 AM   #24
Bitco23
Enlisted Member
Bitco23's Avatar
1
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West palm beach

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Refused to help you out in anyway? We gave John a full refund no questions asked before we even inspected the turbos, because he was at his wits end with you. We were in communication with John at Eurowerks for the entire process. He is a great guy with a great shop. Lets tell the real story here, when he installed the turbos. He gave you a list of things he thought you should upgrade as well, PCV and catch can were only a couple of them. You refused them all, citing you didn't have the money. Well once you started having issues you then wanted to take johns advice. It seems it might have been too late. Its unfortunate when situations like this arise, but from speaking with John you were rude, not understanding in anyway and actually had lawyers calling his shop. In the end a full refund was made before we even had them back and John let me know he even refunded your labor. After all that you want to post something saying everyone involved refused to help you in anyway? Well that's one way to do things. Its not honest or correct. But one way to do them. We apologize for any inconvenience the process may have called you. Good luck


They we're "recommendations" not requirements! And yes I didn't have any more funds to spend after dropping that money on turbos. I told john that id install them after I saved up. So are you telling me if customers don't have a catch can and upgraded PCV system upon install your turbos will blow in a weeks time???
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 06:28 AM   #25
jippii ensio
Major
13
Rep
1,227
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: On the road

iTrader: (0)

The origin of the problem is the design of the turbos. Vargas stage 2 turbos do NOT have their CHRA upgraded. Using the performance that the TD04 wheels would enable, will cause the stock TD03 CHRA blow oil. The way to avoid blowing oil is to stick with the power levels of stock turbos and CHRAs. But then, what is the point of buying upgraded turbos, if the bottleneck is the stock CHRA and you cannot use the turbos to their capacity without blowing oil? It does not help much to get the refund, does it? Its better to get a proper upgrade to start with rather than waste time with a badly designed one.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 06:33 AM   #26
P-rex
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
217
Posts

 
Drives: Black 335is DCT
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bme30
That's BS......both you and the shop have done a bad job of making things work! I would be just as pissed as the op! Please tell me why a turbo install job takes over a month??????
Yeah that's right 1 month in the shop for a Vargas turbo install!!!! Please don't try to only tell one part of this story and make the op look like he is totally at fault!
And another thing a catch can required for your turbos???? That is just plain ridiculous. Maybe it's to hide your oil leaking turbos!
Don't see where in OPs story that he states it took one month to install the turbos....

OPs is that you or your trollies?

OPs fault for buying a product which requires additional upgrades and cheaping out or not doing his homework...
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 06:33 AM   #27
Bme30
Captain
Bme30's Avatar
14
Rep
850
Posts

 
Drives: 335i coupe
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 'Merika'

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio
The origin of the problem is the design of the turbos. Vargas stage 2 turbos do NOT have their CHRA upgraded. Using the performance that the TD04 wheels would enable, will cause the stock TD03 CHRA blow oil. The way to avoid blowing oil is to stick with the power levels of stock turbos and CHRAs. But then, what is the point of buying upgraded turbos, if the bottleneck is the stock CHRA and you cannot use the turbos to their capacity without blowing oil? It does not help much to get the refund, does it? Its better to get a proper upgrade to start with rather than waste time with a badly designed one.
Very well put! Hard lesson learned.
Vargas isn't the proper upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:03 AM   #28
Tony@vargasturbotech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Tony@vargasturbotech's Avatar
49
Rep
1,221
Posts


 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
If you visit the other forums you will notice multiple reports of the turbos having problems as well, apparently a whole bunch of them that were sent to europe were puking oil as well.
It seems like quality control is lacking severely.

A couple local sets I know of had issues, but they tried to sweep it under the rug which was a part of the deal to get a refund or compensation I guess.
Yes its huge conspiracy, we make you sign 25 legal documents stating you will never breathe a word about the turbos to anyone. Whats the first rule of VTT? You don't talk about VTT. Actually wait no, if anyone has problems they are handled quickly and honestly. Even though we can do many things to remedy a situation, we always ask the customer what he wants, if he wants a full refund he gets it, which is usually unheard of in the turbocharger industry. Also OP, you made the claims up top that everyone refused to help you, well I told the true story about your not only getting help but a full refund from not only us, but John. When you replied to that, you ignored that part and went on another tangent. So lets be clear so everyone knows. Did you or did you not receive full refunds? If the answer is yes, (which it is) then move on. For every post like this there is 30 customers who are not posting anything because they are happy. You know what they say no news is good news. Now again, we apologize for any inconvenience, and hope your next turbo buying experience is better for you. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:13 AM   #29
scottp999
Brigadier General
scottp999's Avatar
57
Rep
4,666
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - E92 - 6MT & 4runner SR5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MD

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio View Post
The origin of the problem is the design of the turbos. Vargas stage 2 turbos do NOT have their CHRA upgraded. Using the performance that the TD04 wheels would enable, will cause the stock TD03 CHRA blow oil. The way to avoid blowing oil is to stick with the power levels of stock turbos and CHRAs. But then, what is the point of buying upgraded turbos, if the bottleneck is the stock CHRA and you cannot use the turbos to their capacity without blowing oil? It does not help much to get the refund, does it? Its better to get a proper upgrade to start with rather than waste time with a badly designed one.
You always know how to come into a thread and mention the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about (probably because it has already been discussed at length and degenerated into a poop throwing contest). There are hardware differences in the CHRA, wheel, and the internal waste gate assembly. Plus the debate about the thrust upgrade not being needed for the stage 2 type configuration.

There also used to be a big price point difference. If I go to the 2 websites today for an example of LHD 335:

VVT stage 2: 2882.97 + 400 core = 3282.97
RB = 2999.99 + 300 core = 3299.99

So essentially the price difference is gone. The consumer just needs to decide on the hardware differences and track records. The hardware differences have been discussed at length and the forums provide some good feedback.

Edit: I feel for both vendors when it comes to install error as it is very hard to determine remotely when you can't witness it directly. That does not seem to be the case with the OP since the shop is reputable.
__________________
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Last edited by scottp999; 04-25-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:20 AM   #30
Tony@vargasturbotech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Tony@vargasturbotech's Avatar
49
Rep
1,221
Posts


 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
You always know how to come into a thread and mention the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about (probably because it has already been discussed at length and degenerated into a poop throwing contest). There are hardware differences in the CHRA, wheel, and the internal waste gate assembly. Plus the debate about the thrust upgrade not being needed for the stage 2 type configuration.

There also used to be a big price point difference. If I go to the 2 websites today for an example of LHD 335:

VVT stage 2: 2882.97 + 400 core = 3282.97
RB = 2999.99 + 300 core = 3299.99

So essentially the price difference is gone. The consumer just needs to decide on the hardware differences and track records. The hardware differences have been discussed at length and the forums provide some good feedback.
If you are going to come into a thread with pricing at least get it right. VTT Stage 2 $2799, if you use paypal the fees make it $2882.97 (easily avoided) So $2799 WITH thrust upgrade to RB $2999 WITHOUT thrust upgrade. If you want the thrust upgrade from RB its $250 more. So thats $2799.00 to $3249.00 or $450 difference. Putting core charges in the mix is moot, the core charge is refunded in full as soon as we get the turbos back. So basically you can get Stage 2 with thrust upgrade AND billet wheels for $50 less than RB's. RB makes a great turbo, not knocking them at all. Just wanted the real prices to be posted.

So recap
VTT Stage 2 WITH thrust upgrade $2799 - With billet wheels $3199
RB WITHOUT thrust upgrade $2999 WITH thrust upgrade $3249 - billet wheels unavailable
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:50 AM   #31
335coupe2007
Yezzsur. Big it up. Go Lakers.
335coupe2007's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,186
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Space Gray 335 coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Palm Beach

iTrader: (0)

Mr. Vargas:

I would like to simply give you my honest opinion on something that I have noticed for a while now... Based on my post count and join date, you'll notice I don't really post much, I'm more of a lurker..but..

Whenever someone comes on here and post negative reviews about your products or complain about anything that has to do with your stuff ( even if their version of the story is correct or not )-- your responses are always very un-professional and almost to the point where it's condescending.. I'm almost always shocked when reading some of your responses to negative feedback...
Again, this is from reading your responses to various other people also.. Not only this one.

The customer IS NOT always right, and we all know this... But man, I'll tell you, just from reading your stuff, I would be almost kinda nervous to buy something from you just Bc of your responses to people on here; even if those people are not correct- it makes me wonder...

I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I don't know if anyone has notice this or not, but again, just my 0.02.

Take it easy man.
__________________
Mods: ER FMIC, AR catless , AFE dci, Cobb, HPF gen 2 exhaust, BMS OCC, ER charge pipe with Tial BOV, RB PCV valve upgrade. Waiting on Duke Dynamic D2 CF vented hood
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #32
Hilly
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
47
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Broken Arrow,OK

iTrader: (0)

^^^335i coupe: well-put
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #33
scottp999
Brigadier General
scottp999's Avatar
57
Rep
4,666
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - E92 - 6MT & 4runner SR5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MD

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
If you are going to come into a thread with pricing at least get it right. VTT Stage 2 $2799, if you use paypal the fees make it $2882.97 (easily avoided) So $2799 WITH thrust upgrade to RB $2999 WITHOUT thrust upgrade. If you want the thrust upgrade from RB its $250 more. So thats $2799.00 to $3249.00 or $450 difference. Putting core charges in the mix is moot, the core charge is refunded in full as soon as we get the turbos back. So basically you can get Stage 2 with thrust upgrade AND billet wheels for $50 less than RB's. RB makes a great turbo, not knocking them at all. Just wanted the real prices to be posted.

So recap
VTT Stage 2 WITH thrust upgrade $2799 - With billet wheels $3199
RB WITHOUT thrust upgrade $2999 WITH thrust upgrade $3249 - billet wheels unavailable
Thanks Tony. I do get it, didn't realize the paypal was added in. I also failed to mention that Rob also adds in a CC charge of $100 for the website that can be avoided with cashiers check or bank wire. Shipping also seems to be different. Fixed on VVT site to $77.35 domestic, with RB options of $23 and $32.78 for Fedx-Home and UPS Ground. Variable difference depending on locations, so for some it may be less of a difference.

A real recap would be all hardware differences. Not knocking anyone, just everything different should help for customers to know what is exactly in the box they are getting:

a) different wheels
b) different chra
c) different internal waste gate design.
d) thrust upgrade / no thrust upgrade

All hardware differences are debatable to the point where things get nasty
__________________
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Last edited by scottp999; 04-25-2014 at 08:12 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:15 AM   #34
Indo Rider
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
220
Posts

 
Drives: 135
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
Mr. Vargas:

I would like to simply give you my honest opinion on something that I have noticed for a while now... Based on my post count and join date, you'll notice I don't really post much, I'm more of a lurker..but..

Whenever someone comes on here and post negative reviews about your products or complain about anything that has to do with your stuff ( even if their version of the story is correct or not )-- your responses are always very un-professional and almost to the point where it's condescending.. I'm almost always shocked when reading some of your responses to negative feedback...
Again, this is from reading your responses to various other people also.. Not only this one.

The customer IS NOT always right, and we all know this... But man, I'll tell you, just from reading your stuff, I would be almost kinda nervous to buy something from you just Bc of your responses to people on here; even if those people are not correct- it makes me wonder...

I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I don't know if anyone has notice this or not, but again, just my 0.02.

Take it easy man.
This is what it all comes down to for me. Some vendors stand out as professionals, some come across as your average internet bully. I'd take my bussiness elsewhere based on that alone.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:21 AM   #35
-StanceCity-
Banned
19
Rep
1,344
Posts

 
Drives: love to piss on fucker's face
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: are you that fucker? lol

iTrader: (2)

Dang ... Another VTT failed thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #36
AK 335i
Major
AK 335i's Avatar
14
Rep
1,294
Posts

 
Drives: black 335i E90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: boynton beach

iTrader: (0)

Wow..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #37
ThaiRacer
Private First Class
1
Rep
192
Posts

 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa FL

iTrader: (0)

So now the issue with the refund is resolve, Please explain how the turbos are blown after a week?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #38
chris_robaina
Private
chris_robaina's Avatar
0
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives: f30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

335icoupe2007 pretty much says it all... My money won't go to a company that responds to their customers like that. I would rather spend my money elsewhere where I am guaranteed good customer service and have noticed that the company has good reviews as well. I've seen multiple threads of Vargas having problems as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #39
lamia2super
Colonel
lamia2super's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
2,500
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami Beach, FL

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to lamia2super
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiRacer View Post
So now the issue with the refund is resolve, Please explain how the turbos are blown after a week?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Lets tell the real story here, when he installed the turbos. He gave you a list of things he thought you should upgrade as well, PCV and catch can were only a couple of them. You refused them all, citing you didn't have the money. Well once you started having issues you then wanted to take johns advice. It seems it might have been too late.
guessing this was the reason
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #40
jippii ensio
Major
13
Rep
1,227
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: On the road

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamia2super View Post
guessing this was the reason
If there is an additional list of hardware that needs to be purchased to hide the smoke his turbos generate, let's hear it, pricing included.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #41
litxus
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
297
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 335i sedan
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North burbs, IL

iTrader: (1)

Few things that are kind of interesting:

1) You mentioned you didn't have any more money after turbos, maybe it wasn't the right time to do this? If you do it, then do it right, why take the risk?

2) Did you get the refund on the turbos and labor? As from your post it sounds like NO, and you are having issues after install? I'm actually really surprised that labor got refunded (if they did), that is really unheard of.

3) Most vendors monitor forums, so they can address issue or give their side of the story, it should work both ways and I do agree that some responses might not be as professional as some would like. But I'm glad companies are responding instead of taking it in the a.s and just calling it a day. A response is usually better than no response. I think Tesla is doing something similar as it is not taking any BS and that is why it is all over the news. Like this http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...megna/7538919/ .
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #42
Myrder
Major
Myrder's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,045
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: WildWest

iTrader: (1)

I see no mention of a PCV and catch can needing to be upgraded on the Vargas site, or in the installation kit they sell.
__________________
2010|335i|LMB|E92|6MT|MSport|Logic7|335is Clutch|AE Performance|BMS|Walbro|VRSF 7"|
1992|Pontiac Firebird|Mild 355ci|T56|
2001|Camaro Z28|T56|1/4: 12.9@111 (gone)
-I will look on your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood?-
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #43
AK 335i
Major
AK 335i's Avatar
14
Rep
1,294
Posts

 
Drives: black 335i E90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: boynton beach

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamia2super View Post
guessing this was the reason
Pcv and catch can don't help or hurt turbos what?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #44
lamia2super
Colonel
lamia2super's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
2,500
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami Beach, FL

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to lamia2super
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK 335i View Post
Pcv and catch can don't help or hurt turbos what?
According to that post by Mr.V they do
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST