E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vargas Turbos

Closed Thread

04-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #45
Zombie1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 135i 2010

this is a total joke how do turbos fail in a week.......................................
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -MichelinPSS -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -Koni yellows/Swift spec R springs
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #46
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Drives: black 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamia2super View Post
According to that post by Mr.V they do
frenk pls...
      04-25-2014, 12:52 PM   #47
lamia2super
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to lamia2super
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK 335i View Post
frenk pls...
Dan pls get bck on chat
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #48
Noan335i
Rep

RB Turbo upgrade, Cobb AP V3, PTF RB protune 475hp 700Nm pumpgas, 102 RON race gas PTF protune, Wagner FMIC 335i, B14 PSS, BMS DCI, AR dysign DP's, Akrapovic EVO Titanium exhaust, NGK 5992 plugs, LCI taillights, OEM M3 side mirrors, M3 DCT steering wheel, DCT LCI shifter, M-package, M3 swaybars, M bits & pieces, LUX V3 H8, AFe airscoops, OEM M359 rims (summer), OEM 19" 313 (winter), walnutblasting, still no meth of ethanol.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 01:23 PM   #49
Killerfish2012
Major
Rep

Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitco23 View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know my experience with Vargas Turbos . I recently purchased stage 1 turbos with billet compressor and thrust option installed Via Eurowerks. After about 300 miles on the turbos I started to see smoke come out my exhaust. I thought maybe it was my PCV system so I ordered the RB PCV upgraded and replaced it. drove another couple days on it, still smoking. I bring it back to eurowerks for inspection and there was oil leaking out out the back housing of the turbo. One of the turbos were in fact blown. I talked to Tony about the getting it warrantied and compensating me somehow because that means I would have to pay for labor AGAIN for the removal and install of another set of turbos after only driving on them a week. Of course he said no and gave me it's in black and white speech that he doesn't cover labor. He refused to help me out in anyway, (I know he doesn't have too) but it would've been nice to help a customer that just spent 3k on brand new turbos. So I requested a refund and that was a whole process as well. Just want to give a heads up to anyone purchasing Vargas turbos with my experience.
My main fear with purchasing upgraded twins is that you are essentially buying used turbos. Turbo bearings need to be properly lubricated through out the life of the turbo. Since the upgraders don't change the bearings, you are basically at the mercy of the previous owner's maintenance habits. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
      04-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #50
JAL0988
Major
Rep

Drives: e92 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
Mr. Vargas:

I would like to simply give you my honest opinion on something that I have noticed for a while now... Based on my post count and join date, you'll notice I don't really post much, I'm more of a lurker..but..

Whenever someone comes on here and post negative reviews about your products or complain about anything that has to do with your stuff ( even if their version of the story is correct or not )-- your responses are always very un-professional and almost to the point where it's condescending.. I'm almost always shocked when reading some of your responses to negative feedback...
Again, this is from reading your responses to various other people also.. Not only this one.

The customer IS NOT always right, and we all know this... But man, I'll tell you, just from reading your stuff, I would be almost kinda nervous to buy something from you just Bc of your responses to people on here; even if those people are not correct- it makes me wonder...

I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I don't know if anyone has notice this or not, but again, just my 0.02.

Take it easy man.
+1
      04-25-2014, 03:34 PM   #51
.:APEX:.
Registered
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 335xi

Quote:
Mr. Vargas:

I would like to simply give you my honest opinion on something that I have noticed for a while now... Based on my post count and join date, you'll notice I don't really post much, I'm more of a lurker..but..

Whenever someone comes on here and post negative reviews about your products or complain about anything that has to do with your stuff ( even if their version of the story is correct or not )-- your responses are always very un-professional and almost to the point where it's condescending.. I'm almost always shocked when reading some of your responses to negative feedback...
Again, this is from reading your responses to various other people also.. Not only this one.

The customer IS NOT always right, and we all know this... But man, I'll tell you, just from reading your stuff, I would be almost kinda nervous to buy something from you just Bc of your responses to people on here; even if those people are not correct- it makes me wonder...

I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I don't know if anyone has notice this or not, but again, just my 0.02.

Take it easy man.
+2
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #52
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Mr. Vargas:

Take it easy man.

04-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #53
branabolic
Major
Rep

Drives: e92 335i

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 06:11 PM   #54
Tony@vargasturbotech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
My main fear with purchasing upgraded twins is that you are essentially buying used turbos. Turbo bearings need to be properly lubricated through out the life of the turbo. Since the upgraders don't change the bearings, you are basically at the mercy of the previous owner's maintenance habits. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
This could not be further from the true. Upgraded turbos are basically brand new units. The only things reused are the housings which are extensively machined to accept the new wheels. Every internal part is replaced with a brand new part. For the people above who think we are unprofessional in our responses. I can think of really only 2 negative reviews here lately, both were written in an untrue manner, left out many facts, and were just plain misleading. When you spend so much of your time and effort building a business and a brand, and someone who was unwilling to be reasonable in any way shape or form. Its cases like this where politeness is left at the door and the facts are stating as they are. The customer flat out lied and said no one was willing to help, yet he received a full refund for the turbos and the labor. I apologized for the inconvenience in both my posts about this and wished the OP luck with his future purchases. If stating the facts as they are is rude, well then I guess I was rude. I will apologize again.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #55
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
This could not be further from the true. Upgraded turbos are basically brand new units. The only things reused are the housings which are extensively machined to accept the new wheels. Every internal part is replaced with a brand new part. For the people above who think we are unprofessional in our responses. I can think of really only 2 negative reviews here lately, both were written in an untrue manner, left out many facts, and were just plain misleading. When you spend so much of your time and effort building a business and a brand, and someone who was unwilling to be reasonable in any way shape or form. Its cases like this where politeness is left at the door and the facts are stating as they are. The customer flat out lied and said no one was willing to help, yet he received a full refund for the turbos and the labor. I apologized for the inconvenience in both my posts about this and wished the OP luck with his future purchases. If stating the facts as they are is rude, well then I guess I was rude. I will apologize again.
+7

ppl are just immature on the forums. none of the ppl posting would be customers anyway they are too worried about lci lights or if a chargepipe helps or not or some BS. Keep on keeping on.

real enthusiasts only care about the results and numbers
      04-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #56
Tony@vargasturbotech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder View Post
I see no mention of a PCV and catch can needing to be upgraded on the Vargas site, or in the installation kit they sell.
Attachment, sent out with every set of turbos. A well working PCV system is extremely important to turbocharger function. Our warranty card states this as well, also sent out with every set. In talking with John at eurowerks during the process, he let me know he felt it was not the turbos as the oil was ONLY in the intake pipes and then pushed into the charge pipes, DP's were completely dry. This is usually a sign that oil is being pulled through the PCV system and into the intakes of the turbos and then into the charge piping. John as a fellow business owner asked me if I could please just refund the purchase price anyways so he could wash his hands as the customer was very difficult to deal with. We did so and that was that.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf N54 Turbo install tips.pdf (124.8 KB, 80 views)
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #57
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Attachment, sent out with every set of turbos. A well working PCV system is extremely important to turbocharger function. Our warranty card states this as well, also sent out with every set. In talking with John at eurowerks during the process, he let me know he felt it was not the turbos as the oil was ONLY in the intake pipes and then pushed into the charge pipes, DP's were completely dry. This is usually a sign that oil is being pulled through the PCV system and into the intakes of the turbos and then into the charge piping. John as a fellow business owner asked me if I could please just refund the purchase price anyways so he could wash his hands as the customer was very difficult to deal with. We did so and that was that.
thats good on you to do.

but as u can see no good deed goes unpunished. what a shame...

OP why did u leave all this out
      04-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #58
AK 335i
Major
Rep

FWIW i have met and spoke with John at Eurowerks and he seems like a stand up dude
      04-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #59
C.Pop
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Good question, OP, why did you leave all that info out?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 06:54 PM   #60
Killerfish2012
Major
Rep

Quote:
Attachment, sent out with every set of turbos. A well working PCV system is extremely important to turbocharger function. Our warranty card states this as well, also sent out with every set.
Your warranty is also quite interesting. You implicitly state that your turbos are warrantied for a year (whereas purchased oems are warrantied for at least 2), and that if the vehicle is raced in any way, including; run way events, drag strips, or road courses, the warranty is voided. This type of policy makes sense coming from say BMW in regards to the oem units. However, I have to believe that anyone purchasing "upgraded" units is planing on driving the car hard, including racing. What's the use of buying and installing these upgraded units, when your afraid to drive the car hard?
      04-25-2014, 06:59 PM   #61
Killerfish2012
Major
Rep

Quote:
This could not be further from the true. Upgraded turbos are basically brand new units. The only things reused are the housings which are extensively machined to accept the new wheels. Every internal part is replaced with a brand new part. For the people above who think we are unprofessional in our responses.
Legally speaking, the only thing you can be held liable for is the claims made on your product, and it is:

"We take the OEM compressor housing, bearing housing, and turbine housing, carefully machining them to accept the TD04 15T compressor Wheel, and Custom TD04L turbine wheel with a full Garrett profile which utilizes the newest in turbocharger technology, no 15 year old wheel designs here. We then replace the factory waste gate arm and flapper valve with the 100% stainless steel version and include OEM actuators.

TD04 upgraded thrust: Every set of stage 2 turbos comes with a performance TD04 upgraded thrust to extend the life of the turbochargers"

No where in there is it stating that the actual bearings themselves are changed, essentially making the turbos used, by definition.
      04-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #62
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Your warranty is also quite interesting. You implicitly state that your turbos are warrantied for a year (whereas purchased oems are warrantied for at least 2), and that if the vehicle is raced in any way, including; run way events, drag strips, or road courses, the warranty is voided. This type of policy makes sense coming from say BMW in regards to the oem units. However, I have to believe that anyone purchasing "upgraded" units is planing on driving the car hard, including racing. What's the use of buying and installing these upgraded units, when your afraid to drive the car hard?
bcuz ppl will try to push every last PSI out of stock frame turbos and then cry foul when they fail even though they were ran out of their efficiency range,

I think its comical all the ppl trying to get their turbos replaced by BMW when they fail after running 15-20 psi. and complaining when they get denied.. I wish BMW would tell them to get fucked lmao

oh well im just a realist
      04-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #63
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB

Quote:
Makes sense. Did Eurowerks not notice oil in the intake pipes before installing your turbos? I assume this issue would have been prevalent on the stock turbos as well. Either way seems like some steps were missed somewhere and people didn't listen or proper work on install was overlooked.
-I will look on your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood?-
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #64
Killerfish2012
Major
Rep

Quote:
I think its comical all the ppl trying to get their turbos replaced by BMW when they fail after running 15-20 psi. and complaining when they get denied.. I wish BMW would tell them to get fucked lmao
Take my oems for example. They were for all intents and purposes designed to push 8lbs of boost. I've been racing them on 19lbs, with no problems, all with proper maintenance. 10/06 build date, with 117K miles. As you can see, mine have been run at more than double the original boost without issues. You hear about oem failures more online, than in the real world. With proper maintenance, it's amazing what the stock units can do. We even saw the stock units loose by 2 car lengths to stage 2 turbos from both manufacturers at the last chicago runway event. That being said, there is no reason why vargas turbos can't take abuse for at least a year. Whether it's 18lbs or 25lbs, the amount of boost run is actually irrelevant. He's stating in the warranty that the units are voided once raced, no matter what boost level you were running. It just doesn't make sense.
      04-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #65
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Take my oems for example. They were for all intents and purposes designed to push 8lbs of boost. I've been racing them on 19lbs, with no problems, all with proper maintenance. 10/06 build date, with 117K miles. As you can see, mine have been run at more than double the original boost without issues. You hear about oem failures more online, than in the real world. With proper maintenance, it's amazing what the stock units can do. We even saw the stock units loose by 2 car lengths to stage 2 turbos from both manufacturers at the last chicago runway event. That being said, there is no reason why vargas turbos can't take abuse for at least a year. Whether it's 18lbs or 25lbs, the amount of boost run is actually irrelevant. He's stating in the warranty that the units are voided once raced, no matter what boost level you were running. It just doesn't make sense.
oh.. i missunderstood.

thats a good point. my bad

where in the midwest are you?
      04-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #66
Killerfish2012
Major
Rep

Quote:
oh.. i missunderstood.

thats a good point. my bad