E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vargas Turbos



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2014, 07:37 PM   #67
AK 335i
Major
AK 335i's Avatar
16
Rep
1,294
Posts

Drives: black 335i E90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: boynton beach

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
Troy Michigan
oh.. thats not really midwest? more like great lakes?
__________________
- Proven Power Tampa Built 6466 ST N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq -
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #68
Tony@vargasturbotech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Tony@vargasturbotech's Avatar
53
Rep
1,260
Posts


Drives: N54
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
Take my oems for example. They were for all intents and purposes designed to push 8lbs of boost. I've been racing them on 19lbs, with no problems, all with proper maintenance. 10/06 build date, with 117K miles. As you can see, mine have been run at more than double the original boost without issues. You hear about oem failures more online, than in the real world. With proper maintenance, it's amazing what the stock units can do. We even saw the stock units loose by 2 car lengths to stage 2 turbos from both manufacturers at the last chicago runway event. That being said, there is no reason why vargas turbos can't take abuse for at least a year. Whether it's 18lbs or 25lbs, the amount of boost run is actually irrelevant. He's stating in the warranty that the units are voided once raced, no matter what boost level you were running. It just doesn't make sense.
That is a STANDARD warranty for all performance products, not just turbos go ahead and start looking up peoples warranties and see what you get, with that said, we stand behind out products 100% thats a fact. People are going to say I am rude here, but if you think a rebuild upgraded turbo would have used bearings in it, and you just stated 18-25 PSI is irrelevant to turbo longevity, it really shows you do not have a grasp on turbochargers at all, and want everyone to think you do. Its a combo of things that kills turbo and stock frames even more so. Its Shaft Speed, EGT, and Back pressure. What do you think you have to do to get 21 psi at 6000RPM instead of 18 psi, well you have to crank up the shaft speed by keeping the gate closed, this in turn bring up EGT, and back pressure. So yes boost is killing your turbos. About to start my weekend. You guys can have the thread back, I have said what I need to say.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #69
Tony@vargasturbotech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Tony@vargasturbotech's Avatar
53
Rep
1,260
Posts


Drives: N54
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
Legally speaking, the only thing you can be held liable for is the claims made on your product, and it is:

"We take the OEM compressor housing, bearing housing, and turbine housing, carefully machining them to accept the TD04 15T compressor Wheel, and Custom TD04L turbine wheel with a full Garrett profile which utilizes the newest in turbocharger technology, no 15 year old wheel designs here. We then replace the factory waste gate arm and flapper valve with the 100% stainless steel version and include OEM actuators.

TD04 upgraded thrust: Every set of stage 2 turbos comes with a performance TD04 upgraded thrust to extend the life of the turbochargers"

No where in there is it stating that the actual bearings themselves are changed, essentially making the turbos used, by definition.
Well I guess I have to reply to this one too. Selective copy and pasting much? Hey, you forgot to copy and past the sentence before that one, you know that forms the paragraph.

"Stage 2 Hybrid upgrade: A complete hybrid from Compressor to Turbine using all new OEM spec internals."

If someone needs to explain to you what all new OEM spec internals means, well I guess that would explain that.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #70
AK 335i
Major
AK 335i's Avatar
16
Rep
1,294
Posts

Drives: black 335i E90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: boynton beach

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Well I guess I have to reply to this one too. Selective copy and pasting much? Hey, you forgot to copy and past the sentence before that one, you know that forms the paragraph.

"Stage 2 Hybrid upgrade: A complete hybrid from Compressor to Turbine using all new OEM spec internals."

If someone needs to explain to you what all new OEM spec internals means, well I guess that would explain that.
he thinks he lives in the midwest but lives in detroit.. go figure
__________________
- Proven Power Tampa Built 6466 ST N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq -
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:21 PM   #71
Killerfish2012
Major
22
Rep
1,475
Posts

Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK 335i View Post
he thinks he lives in the midwest but lives in detroit.. go figure
And if you think I'm telling you where I live on a public forum, then you're unrealistic.
__________________
E90 335I: FBO +wavetrac LSD
E92 M3: K&N, Rouge Engineering Pulleys, Macht Schnell Test Pipes-w/ebay rear O2 spacers, Pagid S, V1
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:23 PM   #72
Killerfish2012
Major
22
Rep
1,475
Posts

Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
That is a STANDARD warranty for all performance products, not just turbos go ahead and start looking up peoples warranties and see what you get, with that said, we stand behind out products 100% thats a fact. People are going to say I am rude here, but if you think a rebuild upgraded turbo would have used bearings in it, and you just stated 18-25 PSI is irrelevant to turbo longevity, it really shows you do not have a grasp on turbochargers at all, and want everyone to think you do. Its a combo of things that kills turbo and stock frames even more so. Its Shaft Speed, EGT, and Back pressure. What do you think you have to do to get 21 psi at 6000RPM instead of 18 psi, well you have to crank up the shaft speed by keeping the gate closed, this in turn bring up EGT, and back pressure. So yes boost is killing your turbos. About to start my weekend. You guys can have the thread back, I have said what I need to say.
Your warranty denial is not based on PSI tony, it's based on racing period. No where have you stated that voiding the 1 year limited warranty based on specific activity, has some sort of correlation to boost pressure, so if you don't mind getting back on topic....
__________________
E90 335I: FBO +wavetrac LSD
E92 M3: K&N, Rouge Engineering Pulleys, Macht Schnell Test Pipes-w/ebay rear O2 spacers, Pagid S, V1
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #73
Riick
The Ultimate Daily Driving Machine
United_States
3
Rep
373
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Having owned multiple turbo cars for years... catch cans and PCV valves don't blow oil seals. Sorry.

You know what blows oil seals in a week? Shit quality chinese cartridges. Any decent turbo should be able to handle 30psi without any negative side effects for years.
__________________
2010 Jet Black 328i Saloon | VMR Gunmetal V810 | H&R Sport | Apex Race Parts Studs | Motorsport Hardware Lugnuts | E92-Lighting AE | CF Front Splitters | JBspeed CF M-tech Rear Spoiler | JBSpeed Painted Reflectors | BMW Gold Warranty
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #74
nikitino25
Lieutenant
nikitino25's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
540
Posts

Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (2)

So to clarify, do Vargas stage 2 turbos come with new bearings or not? If so, what kind of bearings? What about RB's for comparison? I know I could do some research but figured I could slip one in here....

Last edited by nikitino25; 04-25-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #75
Killerfish2012
Major
22
Rep
1,475
Posts

Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitino25 View Post
So to clarify, do Vargas stage 2 turbos come with new bearings or not? If so, what kind of bearings? What about RB's for comparison? I know I could do some research but figured I could slip one in here....
BMW does not sell bearings separate. The only way to get them would be for upgraders to be upgrading brand new turbos. They don't. That's why they ask for your oem's or penalize you with a core charge.
__________________
E90 335I: FBO +wavetrac LSD
E92 M3: K&N, Rouge Engineering Pulleys, Macht Schnell Test Pipes-w/ebay rear O2 spacers, Pagid S, V1
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #76
nikitino25
Lieutenant
nikitino25's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
540
Posts

Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
BMW does not sell bearings separate. The only way to get them would be for upgraders to be upgrading brand new turbos. They don't. That's why they ask for your oem's or penalize you with a core charge.
I see.....I've never really heard of our turbos failing because of the bearings anyway.....
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:40 PM   #77
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
13
Rep
513
Posts

Drives: 07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (5)

Word on the block is that almost all of the Vargas turbos that came up to Canada had problems. We are a tight knit group and word gets around. All the owners at the last meet were saying not to buy the turbos.

Even those who supported you on the forums tell us not to buy Vargas Hybrid products at local meets in person.

It seems like there is a major quality control problem.

Hopefully the stage 3 kits come out better since there won't be crappy turbos on them.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:20 PM   #78
blaster3500
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
380
Posts

Drives: 07 E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seneca, SC

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
BMW does not sell bearings separate. The only way to get them would be for upgraders to be upgrading brand new turbos. They don't. That's why they ask for your oem's or penalize you with a core charge.
You need to do a little more research. You can buy bearings from lots of places. They are MHI TD03s. They ask for the cores so they can rebuild/upgrade them. It is just like a core for any other rebuilt part
__________________
07 335 6MT-FBO-PTF tuned
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #79
nikitino25
Lieutenant
nikitino25's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
540
Posts

Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBmw View Post
Word on the block is that almost all of the Vargas turbos that came up to Canada had problems. We are a tight knit group and word gets around. All the owners at the last meet were saying not to buy the turbos.

Even those who supported you on the forums tell us not to buy Vargas Hybrid products at local meets in person.

It seems like there is a major quality control problem.

Hopefully the stage 3 kits come out better since there won't be crappy turbos on them.
When you say "all the Vargas turbos that came up to Canada" which ones are you talking about? Stage one, early stage 2, the latest stage 2? What kind of problems did people have, more details please....
edit: I guess "Hybrid products" means stage 2?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:02 AM   #80
shmorgan77
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
295
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bme30
That's BS......both you and the shop have done a bad job of making things work! I would be just as pissed as the op! Please tell me why a turbo install job takes over a month??????
Yeah that's right 1 month in the shop for a Vargas turbo install!!!! Please don't try to only tell one part of this story and make the op look like he is totally at fault!
And another thing a catch can required for your turbos???? That is just plain ridiculous. Maybe it's to hide your oil leaking turbos!
Lol +1000
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:14 AM   #81
shmorgan77
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
295
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1
this is a total joke how do turbos fail in a week.......................................
I had vargas turbos that failed in 50 MILES........ Not even broken in yet
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #82
Zombie1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
27
Rep
1,891
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i 2010
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Island long

iTrader: (4)

Thumbs down Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmorgan77 View Post
I had vargas turbos that failed in 50 MILES........ Not even broken in yet
Sorry about that, this thread is pulling me farther away from Vargas turbos and pointing me in another direction. Hope you got a refund on them at least?
__________________
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -MichelinPSS -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -Koni yellows/Swift spec R springs
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #83
shmorgan77
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
295
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmorgan77 View Post
I had vargas turbos that failed in 50 MILES........ Not even broken in yet
Sorry about that, this thread is pulling me farther away from Vargas turbos and pointing me in another direction. Hope you got a refund on them at least?
Yes, not trying to bash, got a refund (shop said it was missing 200 bucks and he didn't cover the shipping) don't know if that's true but got rb's and they are flawless. I recommend them for sure. If you want a product that will last, RBS ftw
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #84
V8bait
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: e92 335i 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Lol, oh e90, the feels and opinions you children have... I'd say it's like highschoool, but it's sometimes more like preschool.

There's about three posters in this thread I respect. And they're mostly trolling here ironically
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:08 AM   #85
AK 335i
Major
AK 335i's Avatar
16
Rep
1,294
Posts

Drives: black 335i E90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: boynton beach

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8bait View Post
Lol, oh e90, the feels and opinions you children have... I'd say it's like highschoool, but it's sometimes more like preschool.

There's about three posters in this thread I respect. And they're mostly trolling here ironically
Lulz
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #86
Dmacc
Colonel
60
Rep
2,681
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8bait
Lol, oh e90, the feels and opinions you children have... I'd say it's like highschoool, but it's sometimes more like preschool.

There's about three posters in this thread I respect. And they're mostly trolling here ironically
Respect on a forum. Heh
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #87
Autobahn335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Autobahn335i's Avatar
Luxembourg
28
Rep
1,603
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Luxembourg

iTrader: (5)

I know for a fact that almost all VTT Stage 2 Turbos from a groupbuy in Germany/Switzerland leaked oil.
__________________
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Íhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Powerflex Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 08:38 AM   #88
Bitco23
Enlisted Member
Bitco23's Avatar
1
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: 135i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West palm beach

iTrader: (0)

Tony still hasn't answered why my turbos blew up in 300 miles, my PCV system was working fine. my car was NOT smoking on stock turbos. I'm waiting for an answer? and a catch can will only mask the issue.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST