E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > In Sudan, British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

12-05-2007, 03:47 PM   #45
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post

it's the religion that is outlined in the Qur'an and the Prophet's Hadith's (sayings which supplement/help us to interpret the Qur'an).
In other words:

Religion is a subtance that consists of ink poured over paper and intended to treat unsubstantiated fear and anxiety associated with future and death. Prolonged use results in periods of perceived euphoria and delusions. In extreme cases, readers may collectively resort to violence. Young and undeveloped brains are particularly susceptible to permanent damage. Use with extreme caution because of high incidence of flashbacks and a risk of an irreversible loss of connection with real World. Causes severe dependence and difficulties in withdrawal comparable to opiates.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #46
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep

Drives: 2014 F30 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
Here is what I read:

Religion is a subtance that consists of ink poured over paper and intended to cause delusions. in extreme cases, readers may collectively resort to violence. Young and undeveloped brains are particularly susceptible to permanent damage. Use with extreme caution because of high incidence of flashbacks and a risk of an irreversible loss of connection with real World.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #47
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List

Caution: Excessive praying can seriously damage your forehead.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 06:32 PM   #48
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #49
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:

yes, it can damage YOUR forehead
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 10:25 PM   #50
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwid View Post
How the hell is it pure if it is open to intrepretation?
It isn't open to interpretation by anyone. It is open to interpretation by a few educated scholars who have devoted their lives to studying the Qur'an and the Hadiths (sayings/actions) of the Prophet.

The Qur'an is packed with a lot of meaning....volumes have been written from single verses from the Qur'an (by these same scholars who help to explain it properly). You or I can't simply pick it up and understand it in the correct context. The translations that are out there only do so much to give a literal meaning, but the true meaning must be learned in the historical context in which it was revealed.

I'll say it again...the religion is pure and one of the Prophet's purposes (as a messenger) was to explain the Qur'an (both with his words and with his actions). The Qur'an could have simply been handed to the people without a messenger, but the purpose of having a messenger is to leave no room for mis-interpretation (and to have a living embodiment of the religion to help guide the people).

The Qur'an is often misinterpreted intentionally by those wishing to defame the beautiful faith (by taking out of context excerpts). It is also misinterpreted by those looking for an excuse to justify their actions. The latter does more to hurt the religion because the people out there who don't know any better will believe that this is what the religion stands for (when in reality, it is a radical twist that goes against the very religion).

I can go on and on, but you get the point....
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 11:28 PM   #51
ruxp
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

This doesn't have anything to do with religion. No Muslim clerics have come out in support of this.

This is purely a result of blind politically driven backlash/anger amongst an illiterate third-world populace against "the West," for the excesses of the Bush administration. In this instance its being taken out on this unfortunate woman.
Appreciate 0