E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > BavAuto Good experience

05-01-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
BP3i7
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2007 335i E92

BavAuto Good experience

Just wanted to give details on my experience with bavauto I had recently. When I ordered the Koni FSD from them, with the front and rear shock installation kit, they told me to wait 4 weeks for the koni and 1 week for the rear installation kit before it will ship. I have no issues with that, I ordered the koni from Jeff at TGS and told them to cancel my orders for the shocks and rear shock installation kit. No word from them, I emailed for confirmation. A day later, they confirm the cancellation for the shocks and then told me they ship partial kit for the rear. Sure, I'm ok with that, all I asked was for them to tell me what they didn't ship so I can get it from somewhere else. A day later, no response, so I called them to email me the parts again. Done, and so I ordered the rest from ecstuning, those guys were great, shipped faster than I expected and after they told me the shipping day was over! I told them I wanted to work on my car soon, and they told me sorry. Two days later, the part arrived!

When I did my install, I noticed that the rear lower shock mount was missing. So I asked bavauto to refund me for that because their description said that it includes upper and lower shock mounts. According to them, they refunded me all that was necessary, which was the upper shock mount top and bottom. I told them, your website specifcally told me it includes the rear lower shock mounts, and no reply from them. They have not updated their website either. What a load of crap. The rear lower shock mount were the most expensive part! Anytime something doesn't go there way, they stop responding to you. I want to complain to my credit card, but I think the time wasted would be too much. Anyway, dont trust these guys. They will respond fast if they can sell you more, and wont respond if there is a snag.

Last edited by BP3i7; 05-02-2014 at 02:16 PM.
      05-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
BP3i7
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2007 335i E92

*Update* I was eating my lunch earlier and to my surprise, the customer service manager Dan gave me a call to address my problem. He told me that he did agree the website description was wrong, and that this was their fault. He said they'll refund me for the entire kit, I told them no need. I just wanted better communication at the minimum when things go wrong, since that's when you need to communicate the most. He said they'll work on it, and they are fixing the website as we were speaking. That was good enough for me
as a plus, they would refund me a part of the kit then, which is a bonus I'm not trying to hurt vendors or anything, and when they admit to their mistakes, it's a good sign.

I will buy from them again.
      05-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
index1489
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Out of warranty BMW

Its a little confusing because there are
Rear Upper and Lower Upper Shock Mounts and Lower shock mount (the big beefy one).

WANT TO BUY E90 328i Sport Springs PM ME
index1489 is offline   United_States