E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Help! Navigation won't start after resetting engine values / 12v constant

05-05-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
constantin_md

Drives: 2006 330i

Help! Navigation won't start after resetting engine values / 12v constant

Hi, i have some 12v constant problems after coding on my 2006 330i. It all started with the navigation not working and dvd disc spinning after many hours of car being off.
I did a engine reset with inpa and also checked the firmware on transmission unit with winkfp, didn't need update though(same firmware version) and canceled further actions.
After shutting of the car and coming back after 1 hour, the navigation monitor was off and the dvd was spinning all the time. Did a battery negative disconnect for 20 min, nothing changed. Waited 4-5 hours with car off and could see from outside the transmission parking light on and navigation lights on, dvd still spinning.
Before coding anything I had plans to remove the entire navigation, change dashboard with non-navigation dashboard, remove logic 7 amp, bluetooth module, speakers.
I did all that later and sold most of them already including ccc nav on ebay, but my concern is that i still have the parking light on after hours of car being off and 12v constant power to logic 7 amp, bluetooth module, and ccc navigation which are not supposed to have a 12v feed with car off or any feed with navigation unit out but I do have. Should i be worried about the 12v constant to all this locations and how could i turn off the parking light off when car is off (like it's supposed to be) Will it require any coding and can i do any coding without navigation unit in place ?
please advice
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 12:17 AM   #2
joepc
Banned

Drives: Bmw e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantin_md View Post
Hi, i have some 12v constant problems after coding on my 2006 330i. It all started with the navigation not working and dvd disc spinning after many hours of car being off.
I did a engine reset with inpa and also checked the firmware on transmission unit with winkfp, didn't need update though(same firmware version) and canceled further actions.
After shutting of the car and coming back after 1 hour, the navigation monitor was off and the dvd was spinning all the time. Did a battery negative disconnect for 20 min, nothing changed. Waited 4-5 hours with car off and could see from outside the transmission parking light on and navigation lights on, dvd still spinning.
Before coding anything I had plans to remove the entire navigation, change dashboard with non-navigation dashboard, remove logic 7 amp, bluetooth module, speakers.
I did all that later and sold most of them already including ccc nav on ebay, but my concern is that i still have the parking light on after hours of car being off and 12v constant power to logic 7 amp, bluetooth module, and ccc navigation which are not supposed to have a 12v feed with car off or any feed with navigation unit out but I do have. Should i be worried about the 12v constant to all this locations and how could i turn off the parking light off when car is off (like it's supposed to be) Will it require any coding and can i do any coding without navigation unit in place ?
please advice
this is weird . never heard of this problem before. you need to see what errors inpa gives you. maybe we can find a solution...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 01:34 AM   #3
NEFARIOUS
Banned
United_States

Drives: 06 330xi Sedan

Garage List
Send a message via ICQ to NEFARIOUS Send a message via AIM to NEFARIOUS Send a message via Yahoo to NEFARIOUS Send a message via Skype™ to NEFARIOUS
Bad ground or short somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 05:43 AM   #4
cryptomit
First Lieutenant

Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Bad ground or short somewhere?
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 03:15 AM   #5
constantin_md

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepc View Post
this is weird . never heard of this problem before. you need to see what errors inpa gives you. maybe we can find a solution...
I forgot to mention, while still having navigation hooked up after the issue i couldn't get a reading from it with inpa, it said that it can't comunicate with it error or something. all other modules were ok to read
Also i checked today in the morning and the parking light was off , but all of the feeds to nav, logic7 amp, bluetooth module still have 12v constant (non-sleep) with no nav connected.
Where do you think i may have a short or bad ground specifically?
thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 01:11 AM   #6
NEFARIOUS
Banned
United_States

Garage List
Send a message via ICQ to NEFARIOUS Send a message via AIM to NEFARIOUS Send a message via Yahoo to NEFARIOUS Send a message via Skype™ to NEFARIOUS
Sorry, wish I can tell you but they're the biggest PITA to track down... It's only manually. Even worse, some of the electrical components of the iDrive are in the trunk, so it's anywhere between the front cabin and the trunk... But I'd suggest looking in the trunk first to see if anything spilled or a wire is touching.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 03:34 AM   #7
constantin_md

will i have any further problems if i just leave it like that? i mean nothing is connected to any of the feeds except the aftermarket radio to harness where ccc unit was in place.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 11:15 PM   #8
NEFARIOUS
Banned
United_States

Garage List
In a perfect world, no. With Murphy's Law, you better knock on wood...
Appreciate 0