E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Automobile nastiness



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-01-2006, 11:52 PM   #1
Xens
Eh
 
Xens's Avatar
 
Drives: Is Turbo'd
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 653
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Automobile nastiness

As some of you may know, it's been raining like hell on the west coast pretty much non-stop for the past 3 weeks, this is what it turned my car into:



Xens is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 12:02 AM   #2
Ed_330i
Lieutenant
 
Ed_330i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: North America

Posts: 515
iTrader: (0)

That aint nastiness


THIS IS NASTINESS
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...97087689846900
__________________
Quote:
In the beginning there were Jason and Mark. And they created the E90Post.com forum. And it was good. -LedZep.

15% tint all round
Ed_330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 12:04 AM   #3
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,840
iTrader: (2)

Dude, that's nothing. My wheels are black right now.
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 12:07 AM   #4
eshamas21
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: '06 330i
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: So. California

Posts: 390
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to eshamas21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_330i
That aint nastiness


THIS IS NASTINESS
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...97087689846900

lol... thats some major nastiness rite there!
eshamas21 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 12:16 AM   #5
deutschmann59
Captain
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: e90post.com

Posts: 735
iTrader: (0)



Of course, we should give credit where credit is due. She's doing more than probably most....hmmmmm....a polite way to say this....well-fed people.
deutschmann59 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 07:23 AM   #6
Jimifighter
Private First Class
 
Jimifighter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Beaufort, SC

Posts: 137
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_330i
Like a train wreck, wanted to turn away but I just had to keep watching.
Jimifighter is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 07:27 AM   #7
Enroutte
Private First Class
 
Enroutte's Avatar
 
Drives: ;D
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Undecided.

Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)

Xens, your car doesn't look dirty? What's so nasty about it?

And seroiusly, tell ME ABOUT THE RAIN! I've hated California weather this whole month. I washed my car on Monday a few weeks ago and it starts to pour rain the day after. Bad weather.
Enroutte is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 07:29 AM   #8
Enroutte
Private First Class
 
Enroutte's Avatar
 
Drives: ;D
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Undecided.

Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)

Not all fat people are well-fed. Some have extremely low metabolism. I have friends who work out way more than I do but are bigger than me. I know kids who DONT work out and eat McDonalds all the time and are smaller than me. I love how that works out.

Anyway EWW HER STOMACH IS SO GROSS. I think it's gross when big people wear tight pants like.. the stretchyy kind.. and you can see how their huge stomach like hangs over and kinda looks like their stomach and vagina are 1 thing because they like.. go into one another. i cant really explain it but it makes the 2 things look like 1. so gross.
Enroutte is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 08:11 AM   #9
ksfrogman
Major General
 
ksfrogman's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

Posts: 6,751
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ksfrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
.. and you can see how their huge stomach like hangs over and kinda looks like their stomach and vagina are 1 thing because they like.. go into one another. i cant really explain it but it makes the 2 things look like 1. so gross.
That is what the Spice Girls meant when they sang "Two Become One."
__________________
ksfrogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 11:14 AM   #10
JamieA
Colonel
 
JamieA's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i SG
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Posts: 2,147
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to JamieA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
That is what the Spice Girls meant when they sang "Two Become One."


Stretchy pants are your agreeable frends, while non-stretchy ones are your tough love friends who tell you the instant you gain a kilo. Just as in life, you should have more of the latter and few of the former.
__________________
'05 E90 325i 6sp Man SG 118,032km on the odo (retired) | '06 E90 325i Step SG 121,021km on the odo (retired)
'08 E90 325i LCI Step SG 130,024km on the odo (retired)
'13 D30 328i M-Sport Step | Estoril Blue | Black/Aluminimum | Pro Nav | Xenon HBA | Lane Change Assist 1,760km on the odo
JamieA is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 12:10 PM   #11
espo
Captain
 
espo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330xi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sugar Land TX

Posts: 691
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xens
As some of you may know, it's been raining like hell on the west coast pretty much non-stop for the past 3 weeks, this is what it turned my car into:
That's is definately not nasty.... you should see what my car looked like driving from here down to philly over the holidays with all of the snow/rain/salt on the roads on the way down... My nice mystic blue car was basicly white. At least it was relatively warm in Philly (50F) when I got there. Had to get out hose at my parents and wash the car the day after I got there...
__________________
E90 330xi Mystic Blue/Black Leather/Aluminum 6sp Manual ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/CA
F22 M235i Mineral Gray/Red Leather/Aluminum 6sp Manual ZPP/ZTP Delivered????
espo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 01:02 PM   #12
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
Not all fat people are well-fed. Some have extremely low metabolism. I have friends who work out way more than I do but are bigger than me. I know kids who DONT work out and eat McDonalds all the time and are smaller than me. I love how that works out.
I'm sorry, but I must disagree. Unless these people are metabolizing oxygen into fat, they are eating too much. Imagine if you could 'overfill' your car's gas tank (fuel, required for energy) - but every time you overfill it, the excess is stored in the form of adding to the exterior size of the car. Initially, the purpose would be to use that stored fuel later when the tank is empty... but what if you never let the tank get empty? And what if you overfill the tank every single time? The car would just grow and grow. This is what 99.9% of Americans are doing with their bodies.

Granted, some people do have a genetic predisposition to retain more fat and have body types that make it impossible to ever be "thin" - but that is a far cry from being obese.

Have you ever met someone who is too fat because they eat too many vegetables? Drink too much water? No. They eat fast food, they snack on junk food, they have extra helpings of potatoes with sour cream... then they go to the gym and do a push-up and wonder why they can't lose it.
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #13
Compos Mentis
Second Lieutenant
 
Compos Mentis's Avatar
 
Drives: Arctic 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Seattle

Posts: 230
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
Not all fat people are well-fed. Some have extremely low metabolism. .
That's what the all say. Sorry, but I couldn't stand to read the rest of your post.
__________________
Compos Mentis
-----------------
2006 330xi Arctic, black leather, aluminum.
18000 miles...
Compos Mentis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #14
espo
Captain
 
espo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330xi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sugar Land TX

Posts: 691
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
I'm sorry, but I must disagree. Unless these people are metabolizing oxygen into fat, they are eating too much. Imagine if you could 'overfill' your car's gas tank (fuel, required for energy) - but every time you overfill it, the excess is stored in the form of adding to the exterior size of the car. Initially, the purpose would be to use that stored fuel later when the tank is empty... but what if you never let the tank get empty? And what if you overfill the tank every single time? The car would just grow and grow. This is what 99.9% of Americans are doing with their bodies.

Granted, some people do have a genetic predisposition to retain more fat and have body types that make it impossible to ever be "thin" - but that is a far cry from being obese.

Have you ever met someone who is too fat because they eat too many vegetables? Drink too much water? No. They eat fast food, they snack on junk food, they have extra helpings of potatoes with sour cream... then they go to the gym and do a push-up and wonder why they can't lose it.
And while your at it lets just just tell alcholics (sp?) to just stop drinking!! No, we have recongized that these people need help and that there are genetic factors which lead to this kind of behaviour. Overeating and obesity is very similiar in this respect. People like this have a body that is actually "addicted" to food and if you don't eat you feel like crap!! Until we stop degrading overweight people and try to help them, this will always be a problem. We, as humans, are designed to eat as much as we can while there is food available and fast when there is not. Now the problem is that food is always available (not necessarily a true problem, but you get the idea), and most peoples bodies have no way to handle this fact. We have also moved from a labor based society to a "service" society (you no longer have to hunt for your food either!!).

Ok.. done my rant, just f**king tired of attitues like this when I have seen many people try to work though these kind of issues and failed not because they are bad people!!
__________________
E90 330xi Mystic Blue/Black Leather/Aluminum 6sp Manual ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/CA
F22 M235i Mineral Gray/Red Leather/Aluminum 6sp Manual ZPP/ZTP Delivered????
espo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #15
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by espo89
And while your at it lets just just tell alcholics (sp?) to just stop drinking!! No, we have recongized that these people need help and that there are genetic factors which lead to this kind of behaviour. Overeating and obesity is very similiar in this respect. People like this have a body that is actually "addicted" to food and if you don't eat you feel like crap!! Until we stop degrading overweight people and try to help them, this will always be a problem. We, as humans, are designed to eat as much as we can while there is food available and fast when there is not. Now the problem is that food is always available (not necessarily a true problem, but you get the idea), and most peoples bodies have no way to handle this fact. We have also moved from a labor based society to a "service" society (you no longer have to hunt for your food either!!).

Ok.. done my rant, just f**king tired of attitues like this when I have seen many people try to work though these kind of issues and failed not because they are bad people!!
This pandering attitude (although it makes you feel better about how kind and sensitive you are) is part of the problem. Years ago, fat people were openly ridiculed and there were fewer fat people. Ridicule is a powerful motivator - and that is all these people lack - motivation and self control.

Our society has gone straight to hell with this attitude that everything you can possibly imagine is a disorder and it's not the individual's fault. Horse shit. I'm not suggesting that fat people need be targeted and ridiculed, but neither do they deserve my pity or my help - especially at the expense of my tax dollars. If you're fat - eat less - you'll lose weight.

Also, just as a point of fact - all of our bodies are addicted to food. None of us can sustain life without food and water. People with mental addictions just need some control. Suck it up! Yeah, you'll be hungry for awhile. Get over it.
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #16
espo
Captain
 
espo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330xi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sugar Land TX

Posts: 691
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
This pandering attitude (although it makes you feel better about how kind and sensitive you are) is part of the problem. Years ago, fat people were openly ridiculed and there were fewer fat people. Ridicule is a powerful motivator - and that is all these people lack - motivation and self control.

Our society has gone straight to hell with this attitude that everything you can possibly imagine is a disorder and it's not the individual's fault. Horse shit. I'm not suggesting that fat people need be targeted and ridiculed, but neither do they deserve my pity or my help - especially at the expense of my tax dollars. If you're fat - eat less - you'll lose weight.

Also, just as a point of fact - all of our bodies are addicted to food. None of us can sustain life without food and water. People with mental addictions just need some control. Suck it up! Yeah, you'll be hungry for awhile. Get over it.
Yea we used to feel this way about people with mental illnesses (like depression) until we found that there is actually a physical cause for these emotions and then we were able to help people to lead normal and productive lives. Should we go back to throughing them in cages untill they "get over it"?

BTW "addictions" are clearly shown to cause true physical changes in people. If you drink coffee, try to not drink any coffee for a week and see how you feel.

This is not a pandering attitude... Pandering is telling people they have a problem, but that's OK, you don't need to get help for it. I'm advocating helping people deal with their problem, not giving them an excuss to continue in the way they are... My problem are with people we don't want to help themselves, and with people who think this is only a "mental" problem... It's not. Do a little experiment: Take the amount of food you eat in a day and cut it in HALF for a week and see how you feel.... So you will be hungry for a while... Get over it!!!

We have identified eating disorders on the side where people eat too little and tried to help these people. Why can't they just "get over it and eat"?. Why not in the other direction??

I beleive in people having to help themselves and have no pity for anyone who is not willing to. On the other hand, we need to promote the mechanisms to help these people help themselves with sound scientific advice instead of just telling them to "get over it" and thowing $150 "diet" pills at them....
__________________
E90 330xi Mystic Blue/Black Leather/Aluminum 6sp Manual ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/CA
F22 M235i Mineral Gray/Red Leather/Aluminum 6sp Manual ZPP/ZTP Delivered????
espo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #17
kt157
Captain
 
kt157's Avatar
 
Drives: jet black 330i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BayArea, CA

Posts: 926
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to kt157
black car + rain = nasty!
i cant wait until tomorrow, when it stops raining, so i can wash my car. and once it starts raining i'll be partying/ school in NY and my car will be in the gagage
kt157 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #18
Enroutte
Private First Class
 
Enroutte's Avatar
 
Drives: ;D
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Undecided.

Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)

not true. i know someone 5'4, 140lb and is a soccer player and is healthy but not skinnyyy
Enroutte is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 04:22 PM   #19
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by espo89
Yea we used to feel this way about people with mental illnesses (like depression) until we found that there is actually a physical cause for these emotions and then we were able to help people to lead normal and productive lives. Should we go back to throughing them in cages untill they "get over it"?

BTW "addictions" are clearly shown to cause true physical changes in people. If you drink coffee, try to not drink any coffee for a week and see how you feel.

This is not a pandering attitude... Pandering is telling people they have a problem, but that's OK, you don't need to get help for it. I'm advocating helping people deal with their problem, not giving them an excuss to continue in the way they are... My problem are with people we don't want to help themselves, and with people who think this is only a "mental" problem... It's not. Do a little experiment: Take the amount of food you eat in a day and cut it in HALF for a week and see how you feel.... So you will be hungry for a while... Get over it!!!

We have identified eating disorders on the side where people eat too little and tried to help these people. Why can't they just "get over it and eat"?. Why not in the other direction??

I beleive in people having to help themselves and have no pity for anyone who is not willing to. On the other hand, we need to promote the mechanisms to help these people help themselves with sound scientific advice instead of just telling them to "get over it" and thowing $150 "diet" pills at them....
...and don't even get me started on "depressed" people. Everyone is depressed nowdays. The drug companies are making billions on depression. What they need is to have some friends and family that can support them and to realize that sometimes life is hard. No one wants that. Boo hoo.

I don't over eat, so me cutting my food intake in half is not the same as some whale doing it. Even so, I don't suggest that drastic a measure. It's like anything else - you make gradual changes and continue to increase those changes so that it becomes a different way of feeling "normal".

Designer ailments and "syndromes" are the byproduct of a society with too much free time and too much wealth. To me, and eating disorder means you have a physical problem with your esophagus or stomach - not that you don't know how much to eat.
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 04:34 PM   #20
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,707
iTrader: (0)

My whole car is now gray/ black and the front rims are so black you cant see the roundel! lol I like her dirty sometimes lol.
__________________
13 F10 535xi JB/B working on it
11.75 E93 M3 MR/Black Stock (wifey)
11 F10 535i AW/CB Mods Gone
scottz5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #21
espo
Captain
 
espo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330xi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sugar Land TX

Posts: 691
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
...and don't even get me started on "depressed" people. Everyone is depressed nowdays. The drug companies are making billions on depression. What they need is to have some friends and family that can support them and to realize that sometimes life is hard. No one wants that. Boo hoo.

I don't over eat, so me cutting my food intake in half is not the same as some whale doing it. Even so, I don't suggest that drastic a measure. It's like anything else - you make gradual changes and continue to increase those changes so that it becomes a different way of feeling "normal".

Designer ailments and "syndromes" are the byproduct of a society with too much free time and too much wealth. To me, and eating disorder means you have a physical problem with your esophagus or stomach - not that you don't know how much to eat.
We are obviously not going to agree about this.... I used to have a very similiar attitude as you about these things, until I met some people going through these problems... It's not easy and they were not looking for an excuss, they were just looking for help.

BTW I agree that the drug companies are trying to make out everybody as "depressed" to sell more drugs and society has too much free time and weath, but it doesn't discredit the fact that there are people who have physical conditions that lead them into the situations they are in. Do a search for scientific information on eating disorders and you will see more and more information showing this fact. In fact there is some evidence that truely obsese people lack the chemical signals that you and I have that tells us to stop eating....

Please going on thinking the way you do, you have every right to that oppinion. Just keep in mind that eventually science and society will realize these are not bad people who are making up some excuss (like so many things in the past), they have something physically wrong with them and just need honest help....
__________________
E90 330xi Mystic Blue/Black Leather/Aluminum 6sp Manual ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/CA
F22 M235i Mineral Gray/Red Leather/Aluminum 6sp Manual ZPP/ZTP Delivered????
espo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2006, 06:27 PM   #22
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
 
LEDZEP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

Posts: 12,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
We'll agree to disagree then. Not that I'm so hard nosed - just taking a contrary position to your argument. I don't mean ill will toward those mentioned seeking help - self help or otherwise, and of course wish them every success. I just think telling them it's not their fault isn't the right way to go about it. They are not rape victims.

But, you argue well and I respect the hell out of that! Cheers!
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
LEDZEP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST