Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Rim question (iForged / Work / ...)

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.

TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %

Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator

12-05-2007, 04:05 AM   #23
uhaulball
Brigadier General

Drives: e90 330xi

Send a message via AIM to uhaulball
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335iCoupe View Post
If you want the biggest lip, go with the iforged, they are the best quality for the price. I have iforged as well, and truly i will never go with any other wheel But iforged, I give them
hard to give them with 100% confidence dont u think, considering 2 posts above u a guy receives a fcked up set.
      12-05-2007, 04:09 AM   #24
AW335iCoupe
Banned

Drives: AW 335i

Send a message via AIM to AW335iCoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
hard to give them with 100% confidence dont u think, considering 2 posts above u a guy receives a fcked up set.
If you read his post, it sounded just like a minor sratch inside the lug bolt area. ever think this could happen during shipping?

Personally I have iForged wheels, and will continue to order from them, because my friends and I all had perfect results. So there really isnt anyone that can change my mind. I have them on my car and so do my pals and there just amazing. this is my opinion
      12-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #25
lifo
Captain

Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Probably because over time, no matter how well you take car of the chrome, it either flakes, peels, or begins to chip. Plus, unless you're really committed and clean it often, the brake dust will pit the chrome. JMO.
Its like anything, just have to take care of it. Coat of wax once in a while. Plus if anything happens, unbolt the center, re chrome etc.. The benefits far outweigh the negatives in my opinion
      12-06-2007, 05:36 AM   #26
Zürcher
stay modded

Drives: Porsche GT3

Thanks a lot for all your feedback. Since I live in Switzerland I think it’s better to purchase Work wheels. It’s just too risky to buy rims with potentially bad machining. It would take month to send the wheels back to iForged to repair them I case of problems with the rims.

I’m not sure if I should go with the standard gold finish or if I should ask for a custom gold finish.
Does anyone of you have a picture of the Work standard gold finish? Maybe a close-up view of the VS-XX wheel with gold finish? This would help me a lot.

Thx
Zürcher
Zürcher is offline   Switzerland
      12-06-2007, 12:14 PM   #27
shragon

Drives: 2006 325i SG Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zürcher View Post
Thanks a lot for all your feedback. Since I live in Switzerland I think it’s better to purchase Work wheels. It’s just too risky to buy rims with potentially bad machining. It would take month to send the wheels back to iForged to repair them I case of problems with the rims.

I’m not sure if I should go with the standard gold finish or if I should ask for a custom gold finish.
Does anyone of you have a picture of the Work standard gold finish? Maybe a close-up view of the VS-XX wheel with gold finish? This would help me a lot.

Thx
Zürcher
check out this thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98782. i don't think monaco blue goes good with the gold though.

i have seen vs-xx's on a white e30 and that looked really nice imho. here's a pic i took:

12-10-2007, 04:10 PM   #28
montreal_bimmer
Major General

Drives: E90 AW

Garage List
2006 325i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by docg View Post
Just received my iforged daytona's and it has scratch in lug nut area. Don't know how inspector could have missed that. I waited 9 weeks for these wheels, if they tell me to send these back. Am scared it will take another month to get it back. What would you guys do? Its in the lug nut area, paint has peeled off. You would see it installed because the bolt pretty hard to see when installed. Would you send it back or just get some touch up pain. Its about 10x 2 mm
with personal experience.... it'll take you a long time to get your wheels back...
montreal_bimmer is offline   Italy
      12-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #29
turbotko
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 335I

Work VS-XX wheels are complete sickness........especially with a gold center. These are my dream wheels for the 335.
      12-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #30
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shragon View Post
work.

imho, if i'm going to spend that much money, i would want wheels from a wheel company like bbs, work, rays/volk, etc... rather than a boutique wheel company.
+1. considering what you are interested, volk might be another good choice
cant go wrong with any of those though, good luck!