E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Dealership Problems..

07-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
datdude47
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i sedan

Dealership Problems..

so my check engine light came on about 2 weeks ago, so i took it in. prior to taking it in i took it to the mechanic shop my family owns and i work at to check the codes to cure my curiosity. P1030 is what came up. i just took it to the dealership and let them solve the problem since its still under warranty and said it was the "valvetronic motor". so now my check engine light comes back on when im at idle and it says reduced power or something on the screen. so i told one of my mechanics to hook it up and check the codes. P1030 is what came up. first of all the "valvetronic motor" sounded like a load of crap to me cause my service writer couldnt even tell me what it was or does. any one have a clue what that is or what it does?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by datdude47 View Post
so my check engine light came on about 2 weeks ago, so i took it in. prior to taking it in i took it to the mechanic shop my family owns and i work at to check the codes to cure my curiosity. P1030 is what came up. i just took it to the dealership and let them solve the problem since its still under warranty and said it was the "valvetronic motor". so now my check engine light comes back on when im at idle and it says reduced power or something on the screen. so i told one of my mechanics to hook it up and check the codes. P1030 is what came up. first of all the "valvetronic motor" sounded like a load of crap to me cause my service writer couldnt even tell me what it was or does. any one have a clue what that is or what it does?
Service writers don't know a lot of the mechanics involved with the cars. That's why they don't work on the cars. They only know what the computer tells them when they look things up.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
datdude47
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i sedan

oh and i forgot to mention, this dealership is pretty notorious for just taking cars not solving the problem and giving the car back. im a service writer and im pretty well informed about what im talking about. how are you suppost to sell something to a customer when you have no idea what it is?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Most of the BMW customers are not enthusiasts and don't care what the problem is. They just want it fixed. Knowledgeable service writers are few and far between.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
beef1020
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
Most of the BMW customers are not enthusiasts and don't care what the problem is. They just want it fixed. Knowledgeable service writers are few and far between.
+1, And just because they don't know much does not make them bad per se. They are not there to diagnosis/fix your problems. They are there to schedule appointments.
Appreciate 0