View Single Post
      01-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #31
keendog42
Rep
Drives: 335i

Great review; installed mine yesterday also. Fit was perfect, approx. 1/8" between pipe to subframe & pipe to pipe. Turbo clamps went right on without any fighting or longer bolts as some have mentioned. The hardest part for me was removing (breaking) the original DP bolts & removing the upper O2 sensors (couldn't find my O2 sensor socket, my wrench was a bit too long, & the front one was TIGHT). Had the car on ramps but jacked the passenger side up a bit so that I had more movement with the rack as tire would turn left to right depending on whether I was trying to reach in front of or behind it to better access. From start to finish it took just over 3 hrs with standard hand tools. Now hopefully the roads will clear up a bit so I can get it out for a test drive.

As far as the quality of these DP's; are the welds all perfect? no. Will they pass hot exhaust gases efficiently? Yes. Items such as these that are of very good quality at a reasonable price are what makes the difference between purchasing them or not. In fact if the only option was cheap ill fitting DP's or $800 DP's I wouldn't invest in them at all. IMO these have a great quality to cost ratio and I would definitely purchase again.

Last edited by keendog42; 01-22-2012 at 08:32 AM..