03-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #60
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Project Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwentie View Post
Will do mate

Out of interest how hard was it to get the grills off the bumper?

Edit: I found this:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285265

So that confirms I shall be doing some 'modding' lol

I'm considering painting them myself. I recently got some paint made from a local place (the detailer guy wanted a touch up pen) and it was at a decent price, pretty sure they can do the paint in a can too so would be easy enough to do.

I should hopefully get the car back tomorrow so watch this space for some post detailing pics!

Ps Theivz i recall you posting on a thread regarding your interior trim.. If you want some help with getting it wrapped give me a shout - I recently did mine in CF and it came out vewwy nice

I'd be interested to see how your diffuser comes out, I'm guessing with the car being black it'll look slick in gloss black. are they painting it on or off the bumper?
tbh mate i didn't do any of the stripping as we have one 1 car in the family so all the work had to be co-ordinated for when we were on hols ... westsidee90 is the one to ask but he's away atm on business. the diy seems pretty ok to take off the front bumper can't imagine the mesh grills being very difficult

the rear diffuser is even easier to take off just a few screws. the exhaust company is supplying me and cutting a new diffuser as i want to keep the original standard for when i sell the car. i'm gonna take that separately to body shop for painting ... getting done in 2w ... can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1tse View Post
Nice motor
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_blue View Post
Love the bumper modifications, now looking at the mesh inserts on my E92 I want those to be gloss black too!
lol yeah i think the subtle mods make a big difference. it makes the front end a lot "cleaner" as it all looks more glossy