View Single Post
      07-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #75
Vaheed1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
And so Roger, you'll be surprised to hear that IMO, 25% of total GROSS income is too much....particularly if you've got a mortgage, bills, family etc.

However, 25% of net take home probably isn't excessive although it may be a little outside of the 'comfortable' zone. The main thing is what other outgoings you're committed to...if you have no mortgage, few bills, no debt etc, then to spend 25% of your net income on something that is your passion is hardly a crime that you should get shot for. And if you can do that and have your holidays, and live the lifestyle that you want AND save £1k/month then whats the problem?

Also, looking at your figures and as other have commented on, you're being very prudent with your forecasted spend and I reckon you could knock a couple of k's off that annual sum.

We all know I'm not shy of spending a few quid on a car so heres how I look at it....if I have to think about it or if it gets in the way of me living the lifestyle I want then it's too much. If not....game on

One more thing....a 335d costing £523/month? Really? You surely wouldn't buy a new one at this stage of the e92's(?) life and as they're plentiful at around the £20-25k mark you should be at £450 tops (assuming a PCP is the preferred form of purchase)?

Going by your previous posts - it looks like you have the right idea about life. You love cars and driving - so what better way to spend your own hard earned cash?

I'm 32 this year and soo wish I had done so much more before I got married, had kids and took on a mortgage. Life is too short. Fucking enjoy it and worry about the money you pissed down the drain, once you're retired
Appreciate 0