View Single Post
      07-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #17
Oo=[][]=oO
Tom SW Ont.
Canada
Rep
Drives: E24 635CSI, E90 328i, E92 335i

Thanks Mapleridge, Tom here.
Now I'm really confused...the pics I saw on the link appeared to be an LCI E-90 with an aftermarket Chinese black polycarbonate narrow M-3 style rear bumper and diffuser.

Also, the explanation of the tubing and how it swages from 2.25 up to 3+ inches in a series of steps is the absolute death blow to performance.

Every action needs an equal and propotionate re-action in the opposite direction.

If you throw a baseball with all your might, you will propel the ball as far as you possibly can by transferring all your energy into the ball......if you do the same thing with a sponge ball, you will blow out your arm and shoulder.........this is exactly what you are trying to do with this progressively diminishing load or back pressure with your trumpet pipes.

You described them as a "work of art" but never let form supercede function......

Bottom line, the pics and description I saw don't resemble a 2007 N52

As for the intake, sealing it is only beneficial if you can maintain a high pressure zone in the airbox. This is achieved by delivering more cfm's of air into the system than the sum of the cfm's being consumed by the entire induction system inclusive of the pre-chamber and intake box storage area.

This is what a forced induction system accomplishes, it pressurizes pre combusted air in a containment vessel that floods the combustion chamber when the intake valve opens. Superchargers do it by spinning impellers driven by the engine, turbos do it by spinning impellers driven by exhaust gasses...we are looking at developing a bolt on simple system that increases pressure by channelling a larger cross section of avaliable airflow into a conical restrictor that is fitted with a two stage Turbonator canister impeller that will ensure the airbox is overcharged with available pressure. If the airbox is not sealed this pressure will bleed out and there will be no appreciable gain in volumetric efficiency of power.
Appreciate 0