View Single Post
      11-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #25
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
Idk, the price for cobb is just not justifiable.

yes its "easy" to install, but what kinda car enthusiast are you if you never work on your car. Most people on here know for jb4 or procede the bang for the buck is just more worth it. it Can be installed within 10-15 minutes (same time for cobb) and the results are better then cobb and the features you get alone are better then cobb also.

OTS maps are better, on the fly map switching, Auto-tune, Meth maps, customizable maps, Can-bus (gauge hi-jacking, the whole menu interface).

Cobb take about 10 minutes to install/change maps plus having the chance of your battery dying when installing. cobb stage 0-1 or 1+ sport/aggressive is weak. Only thing you should be looking it is their race maps.
Horseshit. I'm sorry, but I keep reading your posts and you have little understanding of the N54/any engine and it's operation. Any and all tunes the tunes make similar power given the same boost, timing, fueling and VANOS mapping.

Stage 0 is "weak" because it's the fucking stock map.
Stage 1 is designed for a 100% stock car(there are different versions for different fuel types on all Cobb stages)
Stage 1+ is a fairly peppy tune but it's not designed for a FBO+meth/e85 setup so it's not going to be comparable to a more aggressive tune.
Ohh, and takes ~45 seconds to swap maps.

Only "real" car enthusiests use piggybacks? Have you ever actually seen ATR/ATP? Damn, I guess ECU table remapping is only for amateurs. I didn't know HPtuners, Diablo and SCT were all NOOBs to tuning

I'm not knocking any of the other tunes(if he had been knocking JB4 or PROcede in a similar fashion I would probably be saying the exact same thing) they're great and all make similar power(like I said) but when you keep seeing uninformed asshats bash things they have no clue about then it's hard to bite your tongue.