View Single Post
      04-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

25 horses

So I have an '06 325 and being what it is, ANY gain in horsepower is a plus. Of course cost is always a factor. Sometimes the cost is miniscule and thus do-able, but sometimes it's just not justifiable. I considered an engine re-flash and consulted with TMS. Well, that got shot down as I was told there wasn't much gain to be had for my application. Then I looked at their "N52 330 Intake Manifold & Software Upgrade for 128i/325i/328i/528i". On the description page they mention a 42bhp gain for my model, PHENOMENAL!, but being a bit skeptical I consulted Marco again. He tells me realistically it may give 25 horse, but he's never dyno'd a car that got the upgrade to confirm what was actual. That said, in my mind he doesn't know for sure if it'll give the 25 he mentioned, less than that or more.

Anyways, 2K+ for parts and install is the figure I've been given, but cost could be cut by at least $200 if I went for a refurbished manifold. I'm not set on this just yet, but wanted to ask if anyone here has had this upgrade done and if so, what kind of gain did you experience? Do you fellas think a possible gain of 25 upwards to a potential, though not confirmed 42hp gain is worth a couple grand? I know if they guaranteed without a doubt in their mind that I'd get a 42hp gain, I'd have done it yesterday, but right now it all just seems speculative at the moment. I dunno.