09-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #13
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmerguy View Post
hahah Ive been looking for this too! Apparently its really easy but still would be nice to have
I found this. Its helpfull, but not as good as some pictures with some editing in paint to show the lines better in color lol. (its Attached)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glachhman View Post
I used the dayco lines from pepboys. About 12' for 10 bucks was enough to replace all the lines except the boost canisters to solenoids which looked fine.
Are those lines good enough in the high temp area's where the turbo chargers are? Or would i need different lines for that area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBB6 View Post
Once you remove the engine cover it's pretty easy to see them. I ran out of hose before doing the two coming out of the bottom of the vacuum tanks, I'll try to snap a pic when I do them this weekend.

Make sure you use a razor to remove them so you don't snap any of the plastic nipples.

The lines that go to the wastegates are the most difficult. The rear one wasn't too bad, for the front one I had to do some contortionist shit to get it on, if you have big hands you may want to get help on the front wastegate.

Stealership wanted close to $600 to replace my lines, I spent $12 and some time out of my day lol.
Dam, the dealer wants that much for vacuum lines?? Talk about a rip off. I was planning to use Silicone ones, but maybe I'll just replace them with the Dayco ones as well since im replacing my coils tomorrow i might as well do the lines at the same time. To bad shops don't sell silicone locally.

Your pictures would be extra helpful
Attached Images

2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0