12-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
diamondbacvenomx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
They had it for three weeks trying to make a light come up? Sounds kinda weird to me.

The code hasn't come back after clearing. What's the issue?
The code won't come on in stock. I guess it isn't noticed on the stock tune although we all can feel it when we drive it hard. I use the tune to throw the code since it happens instantaneous on WOT. The tune requires more effort from the components hence why its easier to throw the code.

I did swap coils and the misfire stayed with cylinder 5. Coils have been swapped, plugs and injectors have been replaced. all that is left before it being a ECU issue is checking out the carbon buildup.

And they had the car for 3 weeks because 12 of those days I wasn't in the country. I didn't mind they had it and the service reps have been cool throughout the process, my patience is drawing to an end though.

The main thing with my ranty post is WHY do they need a dash light to work on my car? The ECU has the fault in it so why do they need to throw the code themselves before they even begin to work on it? Haven't got a straight answer from them yet.
Appreciate 0