03-23-2014, 04:55 AM   #14
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post
Once your start modding there really is no going back I've pretty much finished with my car, probably in total have spent £7k over the last 3 years, which is
£2.5k per year roughly so according up my man maths not that much, but pretty much all the mods have been mechanical so from the outside still looks like a 320d

I would really recommend the Birds suspension kit followed by LSD. Theses are the two mods that have really transformed my enjoyment of the car. I also had M3 subframe bushes fitted which I think was a bit pointless, all that's done is made the ride at the back really firm.

Have fun modding
Oh trust me if this is works like my old 330d then I will enjoy it

As for the suspension thing personally it's in my mind everyone who's had the mod gives it 5 stars so yep may well be on the agenda, I don't drive my car that hard to be honest, but we all know connecting the car to the Tarmac in the UK is compromised by our poor road/poorish suspension setup for our roads, though I ditched RFL's with 10 days of owning the car for Conti Sport Contact 5's so am kind of in tune with the direction needed to make things better. The LSD gets votes but for me £'s v be idiot to me the jury's out.

Your spending pattern makes sense roughly where I was with the 330d which is acceptable considering the end result, the pleasure and the fact that potentially you may be driving a one off gives you.
Appreciate 0