06-23-2014, 05:42 AM   #78
Jose_JN
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: e93 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augster View Post
I finally got around to retrofitting the power/heated/dimming mirrors (LCI version) and these are the coding changes I performed (in conjunction with a dimming interior mirror):

VO
  • Fold-in Outsider Mirror: $313
  • Interior/Outside Mirror with Automatic Dip: $430
  • Interior Mirror with Automatic-Dip: $431

NFRM
  • Folding Outside Mirrors: SPIEGEL_EINKLAPPEN = aktiv
  • Automatic Electrochromatic Dimming Mirror: SPIEGEL_ELEKTROCHROM = aktiv
  • Outside Mirrors Heating: SPIEGEL_HEIZUNG = aktiv
  • Comfort Closing Folding Outside Mirrors: SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP = aktiv

CAS
  • Comfort Opening with Remote Control: KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB = aktiv
  • Comfort Closing with Remote Control: KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB = aktiv

FZD
  • Automatic Electrochromatic Dimming Mirror: EC_SPIEGEL = aktiv

For the Comfort Closing with Remote Control, the mirrors will power fold only after holding the Lock button for the prescribed amount of time. The mirrors will automatically unfold the moment the car is unlocked. Cool stuff!

I did notice that the driver's mirror appears somewhat curved and thus slightly distorts the reflection enough that it sometimes causes my vision to seem crossed. Not sure if this convex curvature is normal with the LCI version, heated glass, both, or perhaps the used glass is defective in some way. My original non-heated pre-LCI mirror is flat with no distortion.

BTW, since I have a sedan, I had to remove the door panels in order to remove the tweeter covers since they are integrated with the wrap-around window frame trim cover.
That is because your glass mirror is not in its best moment... Maybe it is going to die soon. When this occurs is because the dimming surface is peeling off the mirror.

Regards.