View Single Post
      07-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #13
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thanks to forum member nathantx for posting the following in the old thread, should give you guys a good idea of what you are getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathantx View Post
Warning: Unboxing Photo Post

I just received my N6 about an hour ago, and managed to take unboxing photos for those that are into that type of thing. If not, apologies in advance.

First impression: I have to say, the packaging is very well done. The Dynavin box itself comes within another larger cardboard box (thanks Jeff for the extra protection!) The Dynavin box is nice, sturdy, and looks nice. The user manual and a large fold-out quickstart guide are on top when you open the box. The user manual is the same one that is available online in PDF form on the Dynavin website. The quickstart guide appears to be picture instructions for removing the stock HU, bracket, relocating buttons and climate controls, etc. It also includes Jeff's install pictures with the trimming of the corner foam piece (see his initial post for details). It also shows power cable hookup to the battery in the trunk, with what appears to be install photos from a previous unit/car model (the battery hookup should be fairly straightforward though, and Jeff has already provided additional instructions regarding an inline fuse, etc). The unit itself sits down into foam to support the unit and frame during shipping. It comes in a plastic bag, with a screen protector film on the screen. There are two boxes on each side of the unit. One contains the magnetic gps antenna, bluetooth microphone, iGo Primo SD card, canbus box, plastic touchscreen stylus pen, and USB extension. The other has the cables and harnesses, as well as the metal brackets to clip the bottom of the unit into place. The MAP and MMC locations appear to be made from rubber and pull out/swing out of the way to install the cards, then snap back into position to cover the card slot (Note: The iGO Primo SD card is an adapter with the microSD card inside). The unit itself feels solid, and the plastic feels comparable to what is used in the E90 interior. The buttons do not feel flimsy to me and the turn dials give a nice clicking tactile feedback when rotating. I will try to post a review when I am able to install it (still waiting on backup camera stuck in customs). For now, here are the unboxing photos - I tried to compress them as to not blow up anyone's Internet. Cheers!

Last edited by jeffb335; 08-06-2014 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0