View Single Post
      08-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #93
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
The connection dropped twice in 5 minutes, even though the phone was only a few feet away. The music cuts in and out, especially at the beginning of songs, and there is a lot of jitter.
I don't have this problem - at all. Is it possible you have an iPhone issue since you reported same behavior with AEX?

Quote:
Then there is this constant static clicking noise, which is very low in volume, but definitely audible.
I HAVE seen this problem with certain DACs. I returned the UCA202 for this problem. I did not have it with the MUSE DAC (i have another muse model still wrapped that I want to try). I don't know much about DACs but it may be a function of asynchronous vs synchronous.

Quote:
The noise floor is also unacceptably high.
I don't have any perceptible noise floor, now with OEM HU, I do.

Quote:
AFurthermore, the lag - when pressing pause or switching songs - is very long, probably 2-4 seconds.
Firmware v 1.5 is latest and has LESS lag (still some). Contact Qui or hop on the website. Its not the easiest FW update but its workable.

Quote:
Update: Got the DAC today and it too is a huge disappointment. Output volume is much lower than with the DAC that came with the Air Enabler. Can't listen 5 seconds without scratching or a complete drop-out. Very disappointing.
That sucks - I can send you one of my MUSE to try.

EDIT: make sure you reset (via telnet app & commands) the volume from 70 to 90+%. It ships at 70% volume.

Regardless, if you have AEbler issues, contact Qui, he will work with you if its his product f-ing up.
Appreciate 0