View Single Post
      11-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #1
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

iDrive dash into Non-iDrive E92?

So I found an 08 with low miles and at a good price but it's missing only iDrive, it even has comfort access, sport package, etc just no iDrive.. I know some well say just get a car that has iDrive already but I've looked and looked, and none fall into the category or parameters that my lender is willing to work with (miles to high, title not clean, dealership doesn't accept Capital One, etc).. So let's just assume that I stick with the vehicle at hand, and want to convert the dash to an iDrive CIC dash the questions I have are to follow..

Well I wanna put the CIC iDrive in it and I seen a thread from bimmerretrofit but they haven't replied back to me so I'm asking around to see if anyone has seen or done this conversion? I've sourced parts and it's around $1k-$1500 for the whole thing such as dash, cic navi, new trim, controller, but one thing I'm not sure about is the wiring for the CIC display?

Does it display tire pressures, PDC, and all other vehicle information that a normal iDrive equipped vehicle would display?

If I ever have to bring it in for a recall issue or something, do I have to convert the whole dash back to stock?

I'm sure i'll have more questions later but thus far that's all I can think of.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0