11-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctunnicliffe01 View Post
thanks for the reply. its the 330d saloon mate.
i may have to remove a few panels and have look tomorrow. hopefully just something stupid with any luck. bloody pain mind!!
If thats the case then as you say you've checked fuses etc. On a saloon its rare to be fair you get a wiring type issue, but the odd rear boot light issue means when the wires around the boot hinge are inspected they are broken, but a rear heater element of course wouldn't be effectd in the same way. So this one won't be quite as straight forward.

Logic says there's an issue wiring wise logic says its worth investigating, however before you do consider another option.

The cars battery if exhausted(you may not know its exhausted)will cut or shall I say shut down certain non critical power related functions to conserve power. If thats the case the IBS system will at will shut down non critical items such as the heated rear window, you may also if this si the case notice on unlocking say DRL's(if fitted not working when you unlock)it it does go too far clock or radio station data may be lost/reset. On a saloon at the present its all I can think off at the moment if I think of anything more I'll re post