View Single Post
      11-18-2007, 12:46 PM   #70
F30Toad
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Genesis G70

I posted this in another thread I created a while back but I thought I'd add to this one to help give more examples to figure this out.

My shutdown experience at the track involved three separate turns on multiple runs at Pueblo Motorsports Park.

Turn 1, going in at 120mph under threshold braking, it's a large right-hand 180* turn with speed dropping to high 2nd gear speeds at exit. Once I started using maximum braking in the turn I started experiencing no throttle response on exit for a period of 10 seconds. That was enough time to get through the left hand turn 2 coasting and a short straight to 3.

Turn 5, a high 3rd gear hard right hand turn with high compression due to uphill transition. The throttle response cut out right after going through, stayed off 10 seconds through the uphill and long right-hand sweeper that follow.

Turn 9, a 90* right hander, 2nd gear exit with 100mph+ entry. 10 seconds of no throttle after.

I never saw any dash signals and full power always resumed after 10 seconds or so. The only times it didn't happen I went into the turns slower with less braking (not much fun). If I went in full speed to any of the turns under maximum braking the throttle would go away. It started happening at just under 1/2 tank of gas. Oil temp at 280-285 max. I have an E90 335i, spt pkg w/oil cooler, 5spd.

Just more info for the discussion, hope someone figures it out.
Appreciate 0